Italian Grand Prix at Monza

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2008, 11:15 AM
Ray S
Ironman 140.6
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by 993-CT
Did Ferrari give Massa some extra traction control, or did Schumi pee in KR's boots before the race?
Kimi is running out of excuses....

Fragile Felipe or not, he managed to stay in front of Hami unlike Kimi in the last 2 races...
Both Ferrari's looked pretty bad on the full wets, however Kimi really started to turn it on with the inters. Way too late of course.
Old 09-14-2008, 11:23 AM
Circuit Motorsports
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by DJF1

As for Hamilton, what an ***. On the ITV interview he said " if it had rained I would have won the race" and then he said "who won?" . Spoiled little brat.
Barring any crashes, Hamilton easily looked like the guy to beat when the track was wet so I don't see what the big deal is about that. His strategy in the first half of the race was perfect for a full rain race.

As for not knowing who won, why would he? He was in the race and not in 2nd place. No reason for him to know who ended up winning.

His Kimi comments last week were spoiled little brat. This was just post race interviewing.
Old 09-14-2008, 11:29 AM
fast_freddy
Rennlist Member

Received 792 Likes on 427 Posts

What happened to Hammy the last few laps? Odd race, but a very good one, great fun to watch.
Old 09-14-2008, 11:42 AM
classic911
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LH over-drove his tires; won few friends today on the track (Glock & Webber especially) but that's racing..LH didn't luck out for once...
Old 09-14-2008, 11:43 AM
DJF1
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 65 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Circuit Motorsports
Barring any crashes, Hamilton easily looked like the guy to beat when the track was wet so I don't see what the big deal is about that. His strategy in the first half of the race was perfect for a full rain race.

As for not knowing who won, why would he? He was in the race and not in 2nd place. No reason for him to know who ended up winning.

His Kimi comments last week were spoiled little brat. This was just post race interviewing.
Its the arrogance about his statements that tell the story. He could have said " I could have won" or "I would have a shot at winning" , but the whole lot of his statements showed a complete disregard for Vettel which in my opinion is **** poor attitude. I also find hard to believe that he actually did not know about Vettel winning, usually on the post race lap the engineers give a run down of the finish order to their drivers. Maybe I'm wrong in this one. At any rate, me thinks that with Vettel becoming the youngest ever GP winner and with the spotlight this weekend on Vettel instead of him, it must hurt his overinflated ego.
Old 09-14-2008, 12:16 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

+1

Awesome race! well worth my 5am wake up call!
Vettel is cut from the Schumacher cloth in talent. The bonus here is that he seems to be an awesome guy as well...Will be the one to beat in the years to come...

As for Hamilton, what an ***. On the ITV interview he said " if it had rained I would have won the race" and then he said "who won?" . Spoiled little brat.
Ohhh the Hammy haters ,,, Boooo hooooooooooooo

Congrats to Vettel and team toro rosso , great strategy , great drive , the kid has talent and there was no dirty Schumacher stuff, very unlikely he is cut from that schumacher chinese spandex

1. Ferrari 2 amateurs , well ,they looked like amateurs again ! proof positive the Itlalians are in full control, they re-signed these 2 Bozos after being turned down by FA who , what ! Finished ahead of both Ferrari's in a Renault , wooo ,hooo, Monty must be happy as kimi did set fastest lap again you know that irrelevant statistic , the one that shows who had the fastest car /driver /setup while finishing , what 10 , 11, 12th , who cares !some where back there with nakajima and timo glock

2. Adrian newey is still the man TR / RB Performance is no accident nor coincident , newey has delivered again and hopefully with vettel they will move towards the point .

3. Hamilton , must have had car issues or recived his new FIA flyer this morning , something about drafting massa's Ferrari. The FIA has determined that disturbing another car's(ferrari) aero, from the trailing car would be worth 10 grid spot or a drive thru...

4. FA is struggling with where to go next. BMW's performance is up and down . Ferrari is sliding backwards ( already turned dem down )
Renault could /maybe have a competitive package next year , so could RB and Honda . next year his goal will be to get into a team that will push him forward to race Hammy , both drivers are currently the point of the field , soon to be joined by vettel , the 2 nd tier being Kimi, Massa, Kubica , trulli and webber.......move those around same results

5. Andrea DeCesaris ( David Coulthard ) retires at season end
whoooo Hoooooooooooooooooooooooo
, Good ridance

6. Nick heidfield does not ( the new Andrea DeCesaris) i don't care if you are 10 seconds a Lap faster than Heidfield , all forward motion stops when you encounter this bastard he will find ways to keep you behind, in 9th or 10th , 12th etc.....

7. Heikki ! what can i say , a Finn dat does not drink well HAMMY LIKES HIM !` a great teammate said Mclaren no1, hmmmm
Other great teammates :

1. Eddie irvine
2. Gerhard berger
3. R Barrichello
4. stefan Johansson
5. DC
6. Johhn herbert

7. John watson
8. Jean alesi

9. nick heidfield
well you get the point ! once a great temmate always a great teammate...........
Now bad teammates :

1.MS
2. Senna
3. piquet
4. prost
5. mansell
6. FA
7. Hamilton
8. Lauda
9. Rosberg

well you get the point , the **** oles win all the time

Cheers
Old 09-14-2008, 12:29 PM
BrianKeithSmith
Addict
Rennlist Member

It still seems to me kinda weird that Kimi really turns it on at the end of the race, setting fast laps, one after the other, normally in the last 7-10 laps of the race.

I guess that would be fine if you were in 2nd place and your competition was close enough in front of you that you could reel him in.

It really doesn't matter to me, its just an interesting statistic.

Congrats to Vettel. (its nice to see a different look in the top 3 - regardless of who it is)
Old 09-14-2008, 12:29 PM
ew928
Owns the Streets
Needs Camber
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by A.Wayne
4. FA is struggling with where to go next. BMW's performance is up and down . Ferrari is sliding backwards ( already turned dem down )
Renault could /maybe have a competitive package next year , so could RB and Honda . next year his goal will be to get into a team that will push him forward to race Hammy , both drivers are currently the point of the field , soon to be joined by vettel , the 2 nd tier being Kimi, Massa, Kubica , trulli and webber.......move those around same results

Has Scuderia Toro Rosso signed anyone yet for next year.
SVettel is moving to Red Bull. Not sure what Bourdais is going to be.
Old 09-14-2008, 12:35 PM
951and944S
Race Car

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

Its the arrogance about his statements that tell the story. He could have said " I could have won" or "I would have a shot at winning" , but the whole lot of his statements showed a complete disregard for Vettel which in my opinion is **** poor attitude. I also find hard to believe that he actually did not know about Vettel winning, usually on the post race lap the engineers give a run down of the finish order to their drivers. Maybe I'm wrong in this one. At any rate, me thinks that with Vettel becoming the youngest ever GP winner and with the spotlight this weekend on Vettel instead of him, it must hurt his overinflated ego.
Yep, spot on......also - as if Hamilton didn't notice every other driver in the race matching Vettel's cool down lap pace to come alongside to congratulate him....

T
Old 09-14-2008, 12:39 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ew928
Has Scuderia Toro Rosso signed anyone yet for next year.
SVettel is moving to Red Bull. Not sure what Bourdais is going to be.
Seabass is out , possible move to NASCAR as Scott speed's teammate ............
Old 09-14-2008, 12:53 PM
smlporsche
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Congrats to Vettel !!
It looked like the Newey design combined with Vettel's talent bodes good things for Vettel if he decides to stay (and I think he will if TR comes up w/ enough $$) in 2009.
As stated in the post race show it was the youngest podium in history. The future is looking bright ...
Old 09-14-2008, 01:03 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 951and944S
Yep, spot on......also - as if Hamilton didn't notice every other driver in the race matching Vettel's cool down lap pace to come alongside to congratulate him....

T
I was shocked he knew who vettel was
Old 09-14-2008, 01:09 PM
951and944S
Race Car

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by A.Wayne
I was shocked he knew who vettel was

LOLZ.....being both of these cats will be long term F1 drivers, Hamilton would be foolishly unprepared to not know who his future main rival is.....!

T
Old 09-14-2008, 07:22 PM
KurtC
Instructor

^^I think you see things that aren't there.

It was another great race! Very enjoyable to see Lewis picking off one car after the other in the beginning. Wasn't there a thread a while back about him only driving well when he's on pole? And big congrats to Vettel! Also good to see Massa keep it on the track in the rain, I think he's redeemed himself a bit today. Can't wait till the next race.
Old 09-14-2008, 08:00 PM
wanna911
Race Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Circuit Motorsports

Just the usual haters blowing everything he says or does out of proportion. Might as well get used to it.

Originally Posted by classic911
LH over-drove his tires; won few friends today on the track (Glock & Webber especially) but that's racing..LH didn't luck out for once...

If Lewis wont this race and you called it luck you'd need some serious therapy. He outdrove everyone on the grid for that first stint. Had it not been for bad luck with the weather, he'd have won.

Quick Reply: Italian Grand Prix at Monza