Italian Grand Prix at Monza

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2008 | 03:53 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by A.Wayne
4. Alonsoooo....... Gonzo is still the most complete douchebag at the top tier of F1...
fixed it for you...

So now I know what happened to all my percocet pills.......I think you've had enough.
Old 09-15-2008 | 03:55 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ltc
fixed it for you...

So now I know what happened to all my percocet pills.......I think you've had enough.
Ohh, i gave those to the FInn , I'm on minoxidil
Old 09-15-2008 | 04:37 PM
Matias_S
Instructor

NO beef with KR , i report , you decide ...
Seriously, you do not dislike KR? You just think he is not driving well and report this? Because your posts do seem a bit excessively negative... Or am I missing something/misunderstanding you?

KR is not as good as Massa,Hamilton or Alonso ...
This of course is your opinion, which you are fully entitled to. Imho more meaningful rankings in the real world are e.g. WDC points or even driver earnings. These give more objective rankings as to who is the 'better driver'.
Old 09-15-2008 | 05:03 PM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Matias_S
...This of course is your opinion, which you are fully entitled to. Imho more meaningful rankings in the real world are e.g. WDC points or even driver earnings. These give more objective rankings as to who is the 'better driver'.
Don't bother Matias, Wayne knows better than F1 team personel do.

You know, those people who gave Alonso never any concideration (even though he wished to move there) and in fact, extended Kimi's contract.

Even though he's been saying Alonso is going to Ferrari for 2009 season and at some times only for 2010 season (it kinda depends what the Spanish rumour mill is spreading at any give time), now since Alonso was not wanted at Ferrari, The "Wayne's way" to read all above is: Alonso declined Ferrari's offer.

I've been waiting for the day when even one of Wayne's "fact" was correct and even though it hasn't happened yet, I'm sure he will eventually luck out and get something right. At least you can't blame him for not trying!

I find it to be very amusing and great entertainment!

Oh and P.S. Don't forget, Wayne's opinion in his mind is a fact.
Old 09-15-2008 | 05:09 PM
Ray S
Ironman 140.6
Rennlist Member

The biggest "fail" of the race has to be Heikki.

Started behind Vettel and finished behind Vettel. All while driving the same car that Hamilton is storming up the field with.

Not too good.
Old 09-15-2008 | 06:34 PM
JimB
Addict
Rennlist Member

Not that anyone cares what I think but what the hell. Here's my view of who might someday be considered one of the great ones.

Kimi - Not a chance. Sorry FF but your boy has been in a top car for the last seven years and has one WDC. And that one was a gift. He's obviously a very good driver but not great.

Massa - I'd like to say yes but he's been on a great team long enough that he'd shine by now if he was going to.

Obviously Ferarri thinks they can win with good but not great drivers. They might be right.

Alonso - Obviously Ferrari doesn't think so. I still think he's the best driver in F1 right now but I'm not sure he'll ever be back in a top ride. In a sport filled with idiots he seems to stand out. For some reason he's still my favorite driver but I don't think he'll ever be named in the same sentence as Senna or Shumi. Unlike Kimi, he still has a chance at greatness but it's fading fast. I could be wrong.

Vettel - Great drive which may translate into a great ride for next year but he's got a ways to go before anyone can get too excited.

Kubica and all the other young guns - Maybe there is one in there somewhere but no one is really setting the world on fire. Heikki looks bad next to Hammy. Kubica looks steady but not great.

Hammy - He's made some bonehead moves but it's not like Shumi did everything right all the time. He's one of my least favorite drivers but right now he seems to me like the guy most likely to join the greats of F1.

Just my 2 cents.
Jim
Old 09-15-2008 | 06:48 PM
Chris L.
Pro

I appreciate it.

An perspective based on facts. . . a nice alternative to all the conjecture most commonly found in these threads.
Old 09-15-2008 | 07:04 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Seriously, you do not dislike KR? You just think he is not driving well and report this? Because your posts do seem a bit excessively negative... Or am I missing something/misunderstanding you?

This of course is your opinion, which you are fully entitled to. Imho more meaningful rankings in the real world are e.g. WDC points or even driver earnings. These give more objective rankings as to who is the 'better driver'.
It only looks that way because you have not accepted the fact that KR is average..... he is showing his true colors, no wdc with Mclaren, a lucky wdc with Ferrari, for christ sakes the guys is being beaten by massa
Matias, Ferrari is now being run by the italians , yes the same italians that fired Prost and kept Alesi , So what was that again about choosing KR.... FYI , FA is the highest paid driver in f1,,

Originally Posted by JimB
Not that anyone cares what I think but what the hell. Here's my view of who might someday be considered one of the great ones.

Kimi - Not a chance. Sorry FF but your boy has been in a top car for the last seven years and has one WDC. And that one was a gift. He's obviously a very good driver but not great.

Massa - I'd like to say yes but he's been on a great team long enough that he'd shine by now if he was going to.

Obviously Ferarri thinks they can win with good but not great drivers. They might be right.

Alonso - Obviously Ferrari doesn't think so. I still think he's the best driver in F1 right now but I'm not sure he'll ever be back in a top ride. In a sport filled with idiots he seems to stand out. For some reason he's still my favorite driver but I don't think he'll ever be named in the same sentence as Senna or Shumi. Unlike Kimi, he still has a chance at greatness but it's fading fast. I could be wrong.

Vettel - Great drive which may translate into a great ride for next year but he's got a ways to go before anyone can get too excited.

Kubica and all the other young guns - Maybe there is one in there somewhere but no one is really setting the world on fire. Heikki looks bad next to Hammy. Kubica looks steady but not great.

Hammy - He's made some bonehead moves but it's not like Shumi did everything right all the time. He's one of my least favorite drivers but right now he seems to me like the guy most likely to join the greats of F1.

Just my 2 cents.
Jim
Jim +10

KR in a TR is justice ...................................................and it rhymes

Originally Posted by Chris L.
I appreciate it.

An perspective based on facts. . . a nice alternative to all the conjecture most commonly found in these threads.

Thanks

Finn- why the hate, don't hate me ( vince vaughn ) weeeee zeeeeee, just hand over the bottle biaaaatch KR cannot carry Alonso Jock strap weeeee Zeeeeeeeee
Old 09-15-2008 | 11:06 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

^^^^^^^^^ Yes you recognize the vast talent of FA, but Ferrari does not and chose to not sign him...
Clearly the F1 grid recognizes that Alonso was a winner of circumstances. McLaren no longer wanted him after 1 year, Ferrari didn't want him ever. With the fleeting memory of the 1 tire rule year and a blown engine by Shumi, he has that to hang his hat on for his legacy as the rejection by Ferrari is the final nail and Alonso will never win another WDC. My prediction of him not having a spot on the podium this year is almost complete.
Old 09-16-2008 | 12:00 AM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Pete
^^^^^^^^^ Yes you recognize the vast talent of FA, but Ferrari does not and chose to not sign him...
Clearly the F1 grid recognizes that Alonso was a winner of circumstances. McLaren no longer wanted him after 1 year, Ferrari didn't want him ever. With the fleeting memory of the 1 tire rule year and a blown engine by Shumi, he has that to hang his hat on for his legacy as the rejection by Ferrari is the final nail and Alonso will never win another WDC. My prediction of him not having a spot on the podium this year is almost complete.
Pete great analysis Alonso is so bad he finished in front of both ferrari's. in a Renault your WDC pick is predictably wrong now go and finish your global warming preparations.

Last edited by A.Wayne; 09-16-2008 at 12:38 AM.
Old 09-16-2008 | 05:35 AM
Matias_S
Instructor

Originally Posted by Chris L.
I appreciate it.

Thanks
Wayne - you really do have a sense of humour...

FYI , FA is the highest paid driver in f1,,
Fair point, I respect this metric and I am sure that Honda or Toyota could keep up his salary level in 2009 as well. Do you have a list of the others?

FA $??M
LH $??M
KR $??M
Old 09-16-2008 | 09:46 AM
Lothar
Rennlist Member

I would probably have to agree with Ross Braun that FA is one of, if not the most talented drivers on the grid. However, it is not any lack of talent that makes him undesirable. Here, I would also agree with Bob Varsha, that FA is damaged goods as a result of looking like a potentially caustic ingredient in anyone's team chemistry.

Rather than facing a little inter-squad competition, like most every other F1 driver, FA thinks he can dictate his status without having to produce results. Don't tell me about his 2 WDC's. When moving to a new team, the slate is largely wiped clean. FA needs to be asked: Have you helped to develop our car? Have you driven our car to podiums and race wins? Have you consistently out-driven your rookie teammate?

In this regards, FA is no different than a lot of pro football, basketball and baseball players, where the inmates run the asylum. However, F1 is different in that teams can still deal with a pain-in-the-*** driver when necessary.
Old 09-16-2008 | 10:50 AM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Wayne - you really do have a sense of humour...

Yep
Old 09-16-2008 | 11:27 AM
arrivederci
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Lothar
In this regards, FA is no different than a lot of pro football, basketball and baseball players, where the inmates run the asylum. However, F1 is different in that teams can still deal with a pain-in-the-*** driver when necessary.
What's more important from an F1 team perspective? Constructor's championship or driver's championship? We know the drivers only care about winning the driver's championship...
Old 09-16-2008 | 12:11 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by jpinkert
What's more important from an F1 team perspective? Constructor's championship or driver's championship? We know the drivers only care about winning the driver's championship...
You'll get a different answer for each person you ask within the team. In general, the fans only care about the WDC, but I'd imagine any team that doesn't have one of their drivers vying for the WDC, their answer is the WCC. Of course those points are directly related to how much $$$ they get with each point earned.

Quick Reply: Italian Grand Prix at Monza