Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The infamous MTosi caught on film (updated w/youtube vids for all the lazy ones)...

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2008, 08:28 PM
MTosi
User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The infamous MTosi caught on film (updated w/youtube vids for all the lazy ones)...

*****Updated with youtube videos, since apparently only 10 people (out of 500 views) were actually willing to wait for the others to load (not that I blame anyone)******

This should be in the Auto X section but since there is only like a post a day over there and I typically harass all of you with my incoherent ramblings, I figured I'd post it here (like any of you need more ammo on me) plus I promised a few people I would.....

I'll only say a few things, first is other than fresh RA1's on the front and 5 year old Kumho 700's on the back, the car is a 100% stock late 80's Carrera.

Sorry about the camera angles but it wasn't mounted far enough back and I was trying to get the wheel in the shot, it's a bit hard to see through all the constant motions of an Auto X, but if you look carefully you can see a little of the driving and car control.

(don't be afraid to fast forward and cut the off at the end of the run, there is alot of extra unnecessary footage.)

Also since my best run was neat, tidy, and extremely boring, no one watched the others, so I'll post my worst, slightly out of control run, but most entertaining video first (the rear tires lasted the morning but were toast in the afternoon)-

^^^^^^^^^
(forgive that over correction please, I had my hands full to say the least)

One of my better runs (didn't get my best on camera), which is pretty neat and tidy (aka boring)-

^^^
Just watched it and the sounds seems out of synch (thanks youtube compressing service....)

Run where the camera cam loose and pointed at the wheel and my feet, but actually came out pretty well, the astute observer will notice the h/t 2C downshifts-

Last edited by MTosi; 08-12-2008 at 01:36 PM.
Old 08-05-2008, 09:20 PM
analogmike
Rennlist Member

Received 103 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by MTosi

I'll only say a few things, first is other than fresh RA1's on the front and 5 year old Kumho 700's on the back,
OMG T*d is back!!

Any old timer Porschefans/Porschephiles remember him?

T*d Archives
Old 08-05-2008, 09:39 PM
MTosi
User

Originally Posted by analogmike
OMG T*d is back!!

Any old timer Porschefans/Porschephiles remember him?

T*d Archives

Beggars can't be choosers, the front tires cost $50 (one race national spec miata tires) and the ones on the rear were FREE (buried in the attic for god knows how long), obviously NOT the combo for a 911, lol, but I needed something that had more stick than street tires since everyone else is running r comps. They still stuck better than the streets and did their job, well at least until the afternoon when I finally killed them.....
Old 08-05-2008, 11:11 PM
Chulo
Racer

HD camera? Nice images..
Old 08-05-2008, 11:24 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Received 271 Likes on 165 Posts

Where is that yawn icon?
Old 08-06-2008, 09:29 AM
MTosi
User

Originally Posted by Chulo
HD camera? Nice images..
Yup Aiptek of some sort, I think it was the $199 walmart special one

Originally Posted by Gary R.
Where is that yawn icon?
What were you expecting MS at Spa or GR around on the street? Thanks for chiming in and letting me know why there were not responses (or flames), I was beginning to think I was either so far gone there was no hope or every one was so awed by driving talents they were speechless
Old 08-06-2008, 09:34 AM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Received 271 Likes on 165 Posts

It isn't you, I just don't get wound up about AX...
Old 08-06-2008, 09:42 AM
MTosi
User

np it's kind of hard to decipher anything with all the constant left/right on/off the gas, it realy belong's in the other forum, I just figured it'd give all of you and idea of my driving ability (or there lack of) so you can have some perspective on my other posts. The other thing is everyone only watched the first one and got bored (it was my fast one which was clean and tidy), the foot cam one and especially my worst run are actually pretty entertaining.
Old 08-06-2008, 10:41 AM
analogmike
Rennlist Member

Received 103 Likes on 43 Posts

I KEED about the tires, it just reminded me of the good old pre-www internet days of T*d. Keep on autocrossing and someday maybe you can race against other autocrossers like Pobst, Altenburg, (me) etc
Old 08-06-2008, 11:22 AM
Sean F
NASA Racer
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

that made me dizzy
Old 08-06-2008, 12:45 PM
MTosi
User

Originally Posted by analogmike
I KEED about the tires, it just reminded me of the good old pre-www internet days of T*d. Keep on autocrossing and someday maybe you can race against other autocrossers like Pobst, Altenburg, (me) etc
ohhhh Mike I had forgot to mention I was within 4secs of the DSP national champ (current) who was running in his DSP car (had FTD) and I was off Porsche FTD by 2 secs.

Originally Posted by 1957 356
that made me dizzy
lol, yeah alot of left right to say the least especially with that camera angle.
Old 08-06-2008, 01:29 PM
Greg Smith
Three Wheelin'

I forwarded your videos to Mclaren Mercedes, they should be contacting you shortly.
Old 08-06-2008, 02:01 PM
Sean F
NASA Racer
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

might actually be easier to critique autocross from an exterior angle combined with a PIP of the hands/feet if that's possible.
Old 08-06-2008, 02:10 PM
MTosi
User

Originally Posted by Greg Smith
I forwarded your videos to Mclaren Mercedes, they should be contacting you shortly.
What's taking them so long? They should have called yesterday, I got an offer from Ferrari but I'm holding out until McLaren calls.....

Originally Posted by 1957 356
might actually be easier to critique autocross from an exterior angle combined with a PIP of the hands/feet if that's possible.
Yup, I'd have to agree, otherwise it looks like the drivers is just flicking the car back and forth across the runway with no sense of direction since you can't realy see the course or direction of travel.
Old 08-06-2008, 07:38 PM
bobt993
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Greg Smith

I just spit water all over my table and my wife is pissed.

Quick Reply: The infamous MTosi caught on film (updated w/youtube vids for all the lazy ones)...