Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DID YOU ABOUT GOLDCOAST"S SEBRING DE

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2008 | 06:40 PM
gt3cup98
Racer

Peter you forgot to mention air in your brake lines and fading breaks!!!
Boyd
Old 09-17-2008 | 07:20 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Peter you forgot to mention air in your brake lines and fading breaks!!!
Boyd
Yeah, I know, even after I bled them, the pedal was still much softer after 3-4 laps and really screwing up my heel-n-toe because the brake pedal was lower than the throttle, but that did not slow me down much, I think. I missed the hairpin a few times, but that does not cost that much time.

I hope it was the stock pads, I put Pagid 29's on now and just to be sure I bled the system through every bleeder twice, instead of only the outside ones, like they did on the track (And found air.)

If they still go soft, I must be too hard on the brakes and it is indeed all driver error
This is what the men who let the air in the lines to begin with suggested and than charged me to bleed the air out again on the track
Old 09-17-2008 | 08:44 PM
BluemaxxRacing
Racer

Originally Posted by BrokeAss
I'm calling B.S. on Rich right now!!!! I give him two sessions before he's hanging from the straps trying to set personal best lap. Yeah, we've seen you drive, we know how you roll and there's no way in hell you'll be putting in "warmup" laps for an entire weekend.
So go ahead, keep on talking! I'll be looking for you!
Christian20 - thank you for the kind words!

Terry - Look for me all you want. I'm sure you'll find me about 7 times on Friday night and 4-5 times on Sunday when you're lapping me. Again, if the car feels good, I'll let it out here and there but nothing more. If you come up behind me on the front straight, I MIGHT toy with you from T1-T7 but that's about it. My REAL focus is the PBOC race at Daytona. Now THAT is where I want to set a new personal best!! Setting a new personal best at Sebring will come at either Winterfest or the 48 Hours. I want to make sure my all my personal best times are on MyLaps
Old 09-19-2008 | 02:03 PM
dblapex
Instructor

Originally Posted by BluemaxxRacing
Christian20 - thank you for the kind words!

Terry - Look for me all you want. I'm sure you'll find me about 7 times on Friday night and 4-5 times on Sunday when you're lapping me. Again, if the car feels good, I'll let it out here and there but nothing more. If you come up behind me on the front straight, I MIGHT toy with you from T1-T7 but that's about it. My REAL focus is the PBOC race at Daytona. Now THAT is where I want to set a new personal best!! Setting a new personal best at Sebring will come at either Winterfest or the 48 Hours. I want to make sure my all my personal best times are on MyLaps

thats right, if it is not in writing it does not count.

Quick Reply: DID YOU ABOUT GOLDCOAST"S SEBRING DE