Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Daytona's Live Tonight on Speed TV....

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2008, 05:40 PM
jrgordonsenior
Nordschleife Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Daytona's Live Tonight on Speed TV....

Hell it's even in HD. The Brumos Porsche 250 starts at 8 EST...
Old 07-03-2008, 06:06 PM
MTosi
User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the reminder! I just assumed it was saturday, nice to have some road racing primetime instead of pinks, unique whips, redneck racing...etc....
Old 07-03-2008, 08:40 PM
s997gt3
Racer

thanks for the heads up
Old 07-03-2008, 09:48 PM
Lemming
Nordschleife Master

Received 86 Likes on 72 Posts

Currently watching, surfing RL, and sipping some good vino; life is good
Old 07-03-2008, 11:40 PM
DrJupeman
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

So I tune in mid way through the race. I think I saw, what, 5 laps of green flag racing in the last 35? Jeez... This is why I can't get into Grand Am: too many full course cautions and too many full course cautions taking FOREVER to clear. Seriously, at the end there, do you think Daytona could have spared more than three guys trying to clear the track of that Mazda? WTF?
Old 07-03-2008, 11:53 PM
DHinkle
Rennlist Member

Received 108 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by DrJupeman
So I tune in mid way through the race. I think I saw, what, 5 laps of green flag racing in the last 35? Jeez... This is why I can't get into Grand Am: too many full course cautions and too many full course cautions taking FOREVER to clear. Seriously, at the end there, do you think Daytona could have spared more than three guys trying to clear the track of that Mazda? WTF?

I was fully expecting Dorsey to name Larry Herman the GT winner after all the caution laps.
Old 07-03-2008, 11:58 PM
MTosi
User

Yeah but you don't see many finishes like that in F1..... On a side not I am getting realy pissed at Grand AM and giving this championship to Ganassi. It's a joke how much more power the 01 car has than the rest of the field, they are just about the only one running a lexus which got that boost at the end of last year. Sure he had some of the draft at the finish, but Gurney hadn't been able to touch Pruett in his draft all day, you could tell Gurney was more mad than dissapointed at the end of the race, nothing like driving your heart out only to get blown away by raw HP given out by blatantly biased rules. When Ganassi had won 5 races and have a full race lead in the points by this time of the year in a series this close, with a clown like Rojas driving, its a little obvious they have more power than everyone. When Gurney and Fogarty were dominating last year they were at least doing it with the same package as everyone else with driving skill. Not by raw HP and banging everyone else around.
Old 07-04-2008, 12:34 AM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 2,197 Likes on 601 Posts

I have to get a slingbox- so tired of missing all the relevant (more or less) races while I'm on the road.
Old 07-04-2008, 01:09 AM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 180 Likes on 127 Posts

CJ, I could not live with out my HD DVR! I am so addicted to home theater stuff I have 4- HD DVR's in my house so i can watch what I want when I want on what ever system I want. Mostly all Speed Channel stuff and other sports.
Old 07-04-2008, 01:33 AM
jrgordonsenior
Nordschleife Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by mdrums
CJ, I could not live with out my HD DVR! I am so addicted to home theater stuff I have 4- HD DVR's in my house so i can watch what I want when I want on what ever system I want. Mostly all Speed Channel stuff and other sports.
Thank God it's not just me.....
Old 07-04-2008, 01:51 AM
mike1111
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I was there, awesome last few seconds.
Old 07-04-2008, 01:56 AM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 2,197 Likes on 601 Posts

anyone have a slingbox to stream to their computer from their dvr?
Old 07-04-2008, 08:49 AM
DrJupeman
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by MTosi
Yeah but you don't see many finishes like that in F1.....
But I have seen a bunch in ALMS.

That aside, I was pondering as I woke up this morning whether the yellows in Grand Am are partly attributable to the level of talent in the field. The one Mazda that spun in the infield resulted in a long yellow when the Vette creamed it. A lot of cars had passed the Mazda before the Vette hit it, wtf? Similarly, the punting of the Mazda at the end of the race, which brought out yet another full course yellow, also seemed to be clumsy driving by both involved.

It is no wonder that Grand Am has great racing when they're always bunching the field. Coincidence that it is run by NASCAR guys?

At one point it seemed like it took 4-5 laps just to pick up a piece of debris that was clearly visible and sitting there on the track. WTF?? At Road America a guy would have run out in traffic to move that.
Old 07-04-2008, 10:14 AM
MiniDHinkle
Racer

I enjoyed the race.

And the Mazda flip!
Old 07-04-2008, 10:19 AM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

It is no wonder that Grand Am has great racing when they're always bunching the field. Coincidence that it is run by NASCAR guys?

At one point it seemed like it took 4-5 laps just to pick up a piece of debris that was clearly visible and sitting there on the track. WTF?? At Road America a guy would have run out in traffic to move that.
You will know that they have gone "full NASCAR" when that debris is tossed out of the window of a competitor trying to catch the leaders.

Quick Reply: Daytona's Live Tonight on Speed TV....