Sponsored by:

Daytona's Live Tonight on Speed TV....

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2008, 10:59 AM
Vlocity
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Enjoyed the race....great finish!

I was fortunate to be at the race last year.

Ken
Old 07-04-2008, 12:20 PM
analogmike
Rennlist Member

Received 103 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by MTosi
Sure he had some of the draft at the finish, but Gurney hadn't been able to touch Pruett in his draft all day, you could tell Gurney was more mad than dissapointed at the end of the race, nothing like driving your heart out only to get blown away by raw HP given out by blatantly biased rules.
The interview with Gurney was odd... he was asked if he would like to have run less wing, as if that were the only difference and he nervously muttered "yeah, something like that..." good politician kissing GA's *** unlike Leh's interview
Old 07-04-2008, 01:28 PM
ew928
Owns the Streets
Needs Camber
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DrJupeman
But I have seen a bunch in ALMS.

That aside, I was pondering as I woke up this morning whether the yellows in Grand Am are partly attributable to the level of talent in the field. The one Mazda that spun in the infield resulted in a long yellow when the Vette creamed it. A lot of cars had passed the Mazda before the Vette hit it, wtf? Similarly, the punting of the Mazda at the end of the race, which brought out yet another full course yellow, also seemed to be clumsy driving by both involved.

Didn't look like the Vette was close behind anyone so the stationary car should have been visible.
Unless he was too busy looking down to change stations on his radio or something.
Wasn't like there was lack of grip from cold tires or obscured visiblity.

But the women must have loved the race cause Dr. McDreamy was driving in it.
Old 07-04-2008, 02:29 PM
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 156 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by analogmike
The interview with Gurney was odd... he was asked if he would like to have run less wing, as if that were the only difference and he nervously muttered "yeah, something like that..." good politician kissing GA's *** unlike Leh's interview
I would love to hear more! What did Leh say?
Old 07-04-2008, 02:40 PM
mnichols
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I has the pleasure of being there to watch the race. Awsome finish between to great drivers. I had a quick question, does anyone know what the winning purse was for the Brumos 250? DP vs GT?
Old 07-04-2008, 07:41 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 182 Likes on 129 Posts

Yeah Gurney was not ready for that interview and looked like he wanted to leave ASAP. They did not show an interview with Leh...what did he say?
Old 07-05-2008, 01:51 AM
DreamCarrera
Drifting

Received 129 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by DrJupeman
But I have seen a bunch in ALMS.

That aside, I was pondering as I woke up this morning whether the yellows in Grand Am are partly attributable to the level of talent in the field. The one Mazda that spun in the infield resulted in a long yellow when the Vette creamed it. A lot of cars had passed the Mazda before the Vette hit it, wtf? Similarly, the punting of the Mazda at the end of the race, which brought out yet another full course yellow, also seemed to be clumsy driving by both involved.

It is no wonder that Grand Am has great racing when they're always bunching the field. Coincidence that it is run by NASCAR guys?

At one point it seemed like it took 4-5 laps just to pick up a piece of debris that was clearly visible and sitting there on the track. WTF?? At Road America a guy would have run out in traffic to move that.

Vette? Were there GT cars running in the race? I was watching SPEED's coverage of the race and I did not see any GT cars running on track. LOL

SPEED's coverage is so bad, in fact, that they didn't even show the final race standings after the race. WTF is that all about.
Old 07-05-2008, 01:56 AM
VaSteve
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by DreamCarrera
Vette? Were there GT cars running in the race? I was watching SPEED's coverage of the race and I did not see any GT cars running on track. LOL

SPEED's coverage is so bad, in fact, that they didn't even show the final race standings after the race. WTF is that all about.

I recall them showing the end of the DP race and then jumping to commercial. GT final was an afterthought after the break. Awesome end to that race though. Very exciting.
Old 07-05-2008, 10:01 AM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by DreamCarrera

Advertising dollars.
Old 07-05-2008, 10:40 AM
paradisenb
Rennlist Member

What a great finish! No matter how you see it, that finish was about driver skill. Pruitt is clearly the best driver in the field this year.

I thought the Gainsco guy showed a lack the class by not at least congratulating the winner. Those straight line vs cornering differentials are glaring in F1. Aero setups can be enough to produce several MPH difference on the straight aways.

I remember last year thinking what an advantage Gainsco had over the rest of the field and questioning the legality of their car. Now the Telmex car is being questioned.

No doubt Porsche is disadvantaged to the Pontiacs and Mazdas this year. Adjustments to cars and rules need to happen faster if they want to provide true competition.

The guy driving the Corvette had a total brain fart. Many cars had already safely passed showing he had ample opportunity to prepare to take evasive moves.

Leh did well in that interview. To bad about the fluid leak. They were running third at the time and had gotten my hopes up for another podium finish. Good goin guys.
Old 07-05-2008, 03:10 PM
analogmike
Rennlist Member

Received 103 Likes on 43 Posts

Leh just told it like it is, said the lowering of the car helped but they needed less weight to compete with the Mazdas.
Old 07-07-2008, 09:39 AM
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 156 Likes on 98 Posts

Thanks!
Old 07-07-2008, 10:00 AM
MTosi
User

Yeah exactly, I just think Gurney is a class act (no offence leh, I love it when someone says it like it is especially when its something thats such a joke) and doesn't like to make excuses or drag the mud thats going on to the surface. He's just the driver, its not his place, he leaves it to his team manager or the people above him. In my opinion he is to good for DP's, he needs to move to a series that doesn't reward dive bomb moves, and favors certain cars, I personally think he's the best American road racer by far.
Old 07-07-2008, 11:31 AM
racing97
Banned

Randy
Paradise Newport Beach
Land Locked in Atlanta, GA

1979 911 SC Euro D Class #84
1998 C2S Coupe, The Red Baron

2000 Boxster S, Dirt nap.
1987 911 3.2 Cab Gone but not forgotten.
1973 914 2L Long Gone
1981 911 SC Long Gone - Anyone remember Chick Iverson?

I don't normally look at these things but I used to work for Chick at the old Cotton Goff store across the street from the Crab Cooker. Phoebe Polazo the parts director for PMNA is a refuge also.

regards

Quick Reply: Daytona's Live Tonight on Speed TV....