Sponsored by:

Calabogie DE ..........

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2008, 10:57 PM
Bob Rouleau

Still plays with cars.
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 256 Likes on 119 Posts

Paolo since I showed you the way around Calabogie the first time and you had further help from Bruce,I'll contact my counterpart at UCR and suggest he move you up from Green.

Sorry for the quip earlier but I could NOT pass up a straight line like that one. Bull is jealous he didn't do it first and VR was busy elsewhere

Best,
Old 06-23-2008, 11:07 PM
BostonDMD
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Bob Rouleau
Paolo since I showed you the way around Calabogie the first time and you had further help from Bruce,I'll contact my counterpart at UCR and suggest he move you up from Green.

Sorry for the quip earlier but I could NOT pass up a straight line like that one. Bull is jealous he didn't do it first and VR was busy elsewhere

Best,
Merci Monsieur.....

No need to apologize, I set myself up for it and I knew you meant it in good fun....
Old 06-23-2008, 11:47 PM
RickBetterley
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 37 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by BostonDMD
Rick thanks for your support......
BTW, are you sure you don't want to extend you Canadian trip? Calabogie is not that far from Mt Tremblant you know........
Soon, my friend, soon - just need to get the cottage done and a client project or 2 back under control.
I figure after the end of July or so I should be back to my normal overindulgence in DE.
Old 06-24-2008, 12:40 AM
dmoffitt
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

holy heck - morning espresso ??? - I thought Group52 / TSX Gary's coffee was a godsend - is this event full?
Old 06-24-2008, 12:43 AM
Crazy Canuck
Race Director

Received 218 Likes on 108 Posts

Santi and I are thinking of going. We just gotta get around to signing up.

Of course we don't have a reservation. It's a little under an hour drive from home so I may just drive back and forth.

Last time I was at Calabogie was about 2 weeks ago and they it appeared the footings had been poured for some of their new buildings. It shouldn't be long before they have some ****ters and showers.
Old 06-24-2008, 09:58 AM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Bob Rouleau

Best,
Originally Posted by BostonDMD
Merci Monsieur.....

No need to apologize, I set myself up for it and I knew you meant it in good fun....
Well done....Dr. Pain knows that when he sets 'em up, we have a duty to knock 'em down....and that it is all in good fun.

Sorry I can't make it up there this year!
Old 06-24-2008, 11:01 AM
BostonDMD
Rennlist Member

Chris and Santi I hope to see you in a couple of weeks....

Bull, I guess there is always next year......
Old 06-24-2008, 03:23 PM
TraqBayB
Intermediate

WARNING - I am NOT that great a cook... John's just not too fussy - anything is better than sandwiches 3 times a day for 3 days!! I do however, enjoy my vino. Espresso is a little "high test" for me, but also enjoy my morning coffee.

I am looking forward to spending time at one of my favourite tracks with some of my favourite people.

Carm, I should ask a HUGE favour of you... but I think I'll send you an email later in this regard. Helena, I'm looking forward to hearing your wonderful laugh!

Chris and Santi - you will now be EXPECTED to be there as well - so git'r done!

Stace - you will be missed.

Marci will be there too, but not sure about Howie. I imagine Markus will be there, and Rose too, I hope.
Old 06-24-2008, 05:12 PM
BostonDMD
Rennlist Member

A couple of non-related driving question.....

Does anyone have a grill? I am betting yes.... so we could do steak tips or chicken breasts one night....

I could make pasta with fresh tomato and basil sauce, grated parmigiano reggiano and maybe a splash of extra-vergin olive oil, but are we able to boil water and saute' some tomatoes?

I know, when it comes to food I am a bit over the top, sorry......

Anyway, looking forward in spending some quality time with new and old friend.....
Old 06-24-2008, 05:15 PM
dmoffitt
Three Wheelin'

Nothing wrong w/ being over the top re: food. I once made stir-fry while camping (looked kinda funny w/ a wok over a campfire). Hardest part w/ camping food is always refrigeration though Note to self, buy bigger trailer w/ AC, re-fridge, kitchen hahaha
Old 06-24-2008, 06:48 PM
BostonDMD
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by dmoffitt
Nothing wrong w/ being over the top re: food. I once made stir-fry while camping (looked kinda funny w/ a wok over a campfire). Hardest part w/ camping food is always refrigeration though Note to self, buy bigger trailer w/ AC, re-fridge, kitchen hahaha
Did you sign up yet? What are you waiting for?........
Old 06-24-2008, 06:49 PM
TraqBayB
Intermediate

Paolo, I always carry a portable propane grill, a 2 burner Coleman stove and a portable charcoal grill - along with an assortment of frying pans and old pots. We can cook almost anything! I also have a cork screw and some lovely acrylic wine glasses. We have two 5 gallon water jugs which I fill from home, and a dish washing set up (plastic basin, drainage rack, dish soap and a towel). I even carry real cutlery and melamine plates (paper plates are great for some things, but not so much for a juicy char-grilled steak with sauted onions & mushrooms!)

I'll even throw in the garlic press for this trip! ...anything else that you think you might need, just let me know and I'll see what I can arrange.

We also use 3 coolers (1 for food, 1 for non-alcoholic beverages, and 1 just for beer and white wine).
Old 06-24-2008, 06:58 PM
TraqBayB
Intermediate

...for that matter, Paolo, if you email me your grocery requirements, hell - I'll even do the shopping and we'll just meet up at the track in the late afternoon on the Thursday and perhaps have a very relaxed "get acquainted" dinner, while we fight off the mosquitoes.
Old 06-24-2008, 06:59 PM
BostonDMD
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by TraqBayB
Paolo, I always carry a portable propane grill, a 2 burner Coleman stove and a portable charcoal grill - along with an assortment of frying pans and old pots. We can cook almost anything! I also have a cork screw and some lovely acrylic wine glasses. We have two 5 gallon water jugs which I fill from home, and a dish washing set up (plastic basin, drainage rack, dish soap and a towel). I even carry real cutlery and melamine plates (paper plates are great for some things, but not so much for a juicy char-grilled steak with sauted onions & mushrooms!)

I'll even throw in the garlic press for this trip! ...anything else that you think you might need, just let me know and I'll see what I can arrange.

We also use 3 coolers (1 for food, 1 for non-alcoholic beverages, and 1 just for beer and white wine).
Holy Toledo Tiina......

You guys put a new spin to the word "camping"......

I feel like I am going to a food fest........

I would need an head count to know how much pasta and tomatoes and steak tips to bring, besides that I think we are going to have a good old time........
Old 06-24-2008, 06:59 PM
sjanes
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by TraqBayB
WARNING - I am NOT that great a cook... John's just not too fussy - anything is better than sandwiches 3 times a day for 3 days!! I do however, enjoy my vino. Espresso is a little "high test" for me, but also enjoy my morning coffee.

I am looking forward to spending time at one of my favourite tracks with some of my favourite people.

Carm, I should ask a HUGE favour of you... but I think I'll send you an email later in this regard. Helena, I'm looking forward to hearing your wonderful laugh!

Chris and Santi - you will now be EXPECTED to be there as well - so git'r done!

Stace - you will be missed.

Marci will be there too, but not sure about Howie. I imagine Markus will be there, and Rose too, I hope.
I'll probably be there on the 10th, so I may see you guys if you don't roll in too late.

Quick Reply: Calabogie DE ..........