Sponsored by:

PCA DE Observers Please

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2008, 10:52 PM
Manny Alban
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 55 Likes on 25 Posts

If you aren't comfortable approaching the region's President, contact Pete Tremper.
Old 06-17-2008, 10:57 PM
JABS911
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you Manny, that seems reasonable.
Old 06-17-2008, 10:58 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,719 Likes on 883 Posts

Originally Posted by bobt993
VR, did you lend Frank your wheely bike?
No, he stole it for hairdye money.
Old 06-17-2008, 11:12 PM
RJay
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by JABS911
And no one said anything about blackmail - that we cannot prove - most likely it was the CI who offered to sweeten the pot to get the extra instructors in.
Regardless of what you call it and forget about who offered or accepted, if these three people decided for whatever reason to roll dice against the house and place their own interests above that of the club by ignoring one of the single most fundamental rules of the DE program, in fact, one of the few nationally consistent rules we have, then I, for one, liberal though I might be, want them all draped in black flags and hung from the highest lamp post.
Old 06-17-2008, 11:17 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,719 Likes on 883 Posts

Originally Posted by amondc
Over all need more info but #1 is probably not a real good idea unless the 16 yr old was VR's son or something!!
YOU DA MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-18-2008, 12:08 AM
TR6
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

...If you knew about this situation, what would you do? ....
I wouldn't go set up a new user account on rennlist and post it for the world. If you really felt someone had done something serious, you should go through the chain of command within your PCA region to report it. If you keep tossing clues out, rennlisters will figure out who you are talking about and then that will effectively smear the CI publicly without him having a chance to defend himself.
...As one Rennlister already wrote - it would be nice to get the CI's side of this.
And that won't happen here on this forum. Again, it should be reported privately up through the PCA chain of command if there is a violation that warrants concern. If you did that, it would no doubt give the CI a chance to explain his side of the story to the only people that matter... PCA officials and his club peers. Then if he has done something wrong, PCA will handle it.
Old 06-18-2008, 12:17 AM
race911
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by BostonDMD
Well, we know this has to be in the West Coast, because in the Northeast things are run by the book.....
Not a chance in hell. And not because I haven't seen some odd stuff happen over the years. No, simply because we don't have the need to do colors-of-the-rainbow run groups. Four, at most, seem to suffice. Last I ran a Golden Gate time trial, I think it was red, white, green, yellow? Most of the stuff is just beginner/slow and advanced/fast. And you can go run in the other group if you behave (e.g. don't bring the open passing to the new guys/girls).
Old 06-18-2008, 12:46 AM
Brian P
Rennlist Member

Received 29 Likes on 11 Posts

I thought item #2 was a recommendation but not actually part of the insurance. I.e., 2 people are allowed in the car so long as they are both registered participants - neither needs to be an instructor. I understand that many regions additionally enforce that at least one of the passengers needs to be an instructor. (I know that PCA has switched insurance companies over the past few years, so this rule may have changed)

Whether or not the mechanic was registered isn't as easy to determine as the OP thinks since many clubs allow on-site registration.
Old 06-18-2008, 01:21 AM
dmoffitt
Three Wheelin'

There are 16 year old girls at DEs? Crap, remind me to go to more of them...
Old 06-18-2008, 01:25 AM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by TR6
I wouldn't go set up a new user account on rennlist and post it for the world. If you really felt someone had done something serious, you should go through the chain of command within your PCA region to report it. If you keep tossing clues out, rennlisters will figure out who you are talking about and then that will effectively smear the CI publicly without him having a chance to defend himself.
And that won't happen here on this forum. Again, it should be reported privately up through the PCA chain of command if there is a violation that warrants concern. If you did that, it would no doubt give the CI a chance to explain his side of the story to the only people that matter... PCA officials and his club peers. Then if he has done something wrong, PCA will handle it.
The definitive post in this thread IMHO
Old 06-18-2008, 02:07 AM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3,559 Likes on 2,117 Posts

Originally Posted by TR6
I echo this post. With all due respect, who is this JABS911 and why bring it here. You say everything your've said is true, but that's your opinion with no proof to back up your claims. It's obvious you have a beef with this CI. Go to him or your regions board to handle this. I call bull**** on this JABS911.

Do you have any idea what a typical CI goes through in an average track day. He is up to his ears with people, problems and whiny bitches that felt somehow slighted and need that extra attention. They volunteer their time with no pay. I can understand if this was his duties for that day, but to chastise him for committing and then not coming? Things come up all the time and don't give me this horse**** about his car being broken down. You have all the answers, but come to us for our opinions. Handle it internally. Don't make up some fake name and plaster it on the internet for the world to see.

There are so many red flags popping up in your OP that this thread should be shut down immediately.
Old 06-18-2008, 02:29 AM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3,559 Likes on 2,117 Posts

3. Did not want to accept a qualified instructor with excellent recommendations from other clubs because of a business reason. And you learned that more instructors were needed for that event.
PCA DE 22
Chief Instructor: The event chairman must designate an individual as Chief Instructor who may also be the Attitude Adjustment Counselor.
#3 is my favorite. He didn't want to accept a qualified instructor with excellent recommendations from other clubs because of business reasons...

How does he know they are qualified and not from the Franky Lin School of Driving? Did they present their certificate in hand or their F1 Superlicense? Your the guy that would post and/or sue the organizers if something had gone wrong with those "qualified" people from other clubs and "ask our opinion".

Vague reason listed with no proof of a "business reason". Do you see how someone might "Misunderstand" the motives behind this post? Is this a business deal gone bad? I see more red flags with you than the CI.
Old 06-18-2008, 08:17 AM
RonCT
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I think I can understand why this post came here and is anonymous. Can be very intimidating to try to ask for advice when something like this happens - like being a witness to a crime and afraid to report it else become a target yourself.

Sounds to me like you got some good ideas - go up the chain and simply state what you observed. Leave it up to the alleged offenders to defend their actions. Who knows, maybe the girl is actually 18 and you were mislead that she was 16. You shouldn't have to defend yourself if you write that Miss X. was driving in the event and you were lead to believe she was 16. Unless you checked her DL, you really don't know. I'm not saying I doubt you at all, just saying that I can't see the harm in you telling the higher-ups what you observed, heard, etc. and leave it to them to check it all out.

Me, I'd not want to jeopardize the local, regional, or national DE program if rules are being broken. I could just imagine if there was an accident involving a broken rule and what might happen to that region and whether the national program could be at risk. Here in the Northeast, it's very common for DE participants that observe something "off" to report it regardless of how mundane it may appear. If somebody is even driving erratically, it can be a sign of Red Mist - something the driver may not even perceive. We all have to take care of each other out there...
Old 06-18-2008, 08:33 AM
smlporsche
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by RonCT
... Who knows, maybe the girl is actually 18 and you were mislead that she was 16. ...

Isn't it usually the other way around??

As in "Your Honor, she said she was 18..."

Old 06-18-2008, 08:47 AM
F350Lawman
Racer

It all sounds fine to me, but then again"Danger" is my middle name....you only need 1 rule..."Run What Ya Brung" . Next time they should oil down the track, serve Bloody Marys with breakfast, with shooters and beer at lunch break.

Quick Reply: PCA DE Observers Please