Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PCA DE Observers Please

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2008, 09:56 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Received 287 Likes on 169 Posts

I would ask why someone that is not a member, has never posted here, has put up such an inflammatory post and what region he is referring to? Who are you and who are you talking about?

Me, I would just run him over with Sean's car...
Old 06-17-2008, 09:57 PM
Sean F
NASA Racer
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 20 Posts

let's play a guessing game
Old 06-17-2008, 09:59 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

GHETTO!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-17-2008, 10:00 PM
bobt993
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Gary, good luck at Hyperfest, had to cancel to fix the car. Track is pretty rough, PM if you want some recon on the conditions at Summit to watch out for.
Old 06-17-2008, 10:01 PM
BostonDMD
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Well, we know this has to be in the West Coast, because in the Northeast things are run by the book.....
Old 06-17-2008, 10:04 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by bobt993
Gary, good luck at Hyperfest, had to cancel to fix the car. Track is pretty rough, PM if you want some recon on the conditions at Summit to watch out for.
Cancelled also Bob, didn't think I could get my clutch and rear calipers done in time (after "The Clash").. and my bud Sean won't have his car back in time to have some good NE competition.
Old 06-17-2008, 10:14 PM
RJay
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As an ex-VP of Activities, I'll give you my take. Throw out 3-5 as either hearsay or explainable. #2 is serious from an insurance perspective were an incident to occur. But many regions take a few $$$ for charity and give taste of the track rides for non-driving participants, so perhaps that might be explained away under that. #1 however, seems completely insane to me. If true, the CI put his regions and possibly the entire PCA DE program in jeopardy, not to mention his own financial wellbeing. Undoubtedly, had this driver had an serious incident there'd be big time consequences for everybody involved.

If you were asked to fill out an observer report, and that is what you observed, as was stated above, document what you saw and send it in.
Old 06-17-2008, 10:16 PM
JABS911
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by tkerrmd
sounds like there is a history between you and the CTI?? Most of whom have very good judgement and stick to the rules.

number 3,4+5 not really a big deal, number two questionable but would need to know who was who and who know what, and number one is wrong but could have been an oversite and with a competent instructor should have been safe if it really happened, the students instructor should have also chimed in.
No history, just shooting straight from the hip. If PCA writes NO EXCEPTIONS, they must have a reason. So how could #2 only be questionable?
Also how could #5 not be a big deal - the CI was not there -- the whole day -- he showed up at the end of the day for the Saturday night festivities instead.

Originally Posted by 1957 356
Poke him in the eye with a pointy stick?
That would have definitely been one of the poll choices!

Originally Posted by mglobe
I'd move to Texas where the DE's are run exceptionally well ASAP.
Well, I have been offered a job in Dallas....

Originally Posted by slvr993
There's way too much .."became aware" BS in that story for my taste, and only half the story. I would reccomend that the "observer" grow a set of ***** and say something if he/she is bothered by it.

I can say in my region it would never happen, but if ...if it did, there would be a line a mile deep of observers with the ***** to address it.
Sorry, not one bit of BS - they are actual facts - minus names...

You cannot say that these things happen in your region, because you may never be included in them. Unless you are on the DE Team, or are very close to someone on the team who spills all - this won't surface to the membership.

New Question - Should it?

Originally Posted by amondc
#1 no go
#2 probably not a good idea but probably not going to hurt anyone
#3 Who knows,,,,,who cares
#4 Need more details, maybe he had 5 other blue students in line that needed checked out aswell.
#5 Maybe he had an emergency? Dog died, cat ate car keys, car died....need more info...

Over all need more info but #1 is probably not a real good idea unless the 16 yr old was VR's son or something!!
1 - The 16 year old was the child of two instructors - and there was a need for instructors at the last DE.
2 - Not a good idea, but it does jeopardize a region from having PCA insurance
3 - the person who is going out of their way to find qualified instructors for the event
4 - No other students. Student was giving an instructor a hard time and wouldn't take "no" for an answer. The instructor went and talked to the CI -- and the CI put on attitude. The CI then placed another instructor into the car, and told a member of the DE Team that the blue driver was unsafe, a hazard on the road.
5. The emergency for all day Saturday, was his race car was not ready for the track so he was still working on it.

Again, no BS - straight facts from the hip.

Originally Posted by todinlaw
My 2 cents plus 2 more or a margin of safety.
Noted and accepted. A good 2¢ worth too! Personally, a CI like this gives our PCA DEs a bad rap.

Originally Posted by BostonDMD
This is not me under a different alias....... I swear....
So right Paolo - this is not you - because this is me. The initials might give me away to some - but you have not a single J. A. B. S. in your name.

Originally Posted by 1957 356
burn the witch
Another for a poll - you just have to love these guys!

Last edited by JABS911; 06-19-2008 at 06:08 PM.
Old 06-17-2008, 10:20 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,651 Likes on 852 Posts

So...what region, Senor Mysterioso?
Old 06-17-2008, 10:28 PM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by DarkSideDE
Aren't you suppose to fill out an observer's report and send it to Pete Tremper? Isn't that what he is for?
Is THAT what Pete is for????????
Old 06-17-2008, 10:34 PM
RJay
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by JABS911

1 - The 16 year old was the daughter of two instructors - and there was a need for instructors at the last DE...
If I'm understanding you correctly here, people have been thrown out of PCA for less than this. Am I to take it that you are saying that effectively, the two instructors were 'blackmailing' the CI that they would come and instruct if their daughter could drive? If so, and its provable, IMO, this should go straight to National. I doubt any of them would remain a member for very long thereafter. Unbelievable.
Old 06-17-2008, 10:34 PM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Cut the Bull **** and tell us where and when, or become the laughing stock of this Forum, which I think you are likeky very used to in your life, but just don't know how to shake off.
Old 06-17-2008, 10:37 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,651 Likes on 852 Posts

Originally Posted by Bull
Cut the Bull **** and tell us where and when, or become the laughing stock of this Forum, which I think you are likeky very used to in your life, but just don't know how to shake off.
bingo

Last edited by Veloce Raptor; 02-20-2009 at 07:12 PM.
Old 06-17-2008, 10:49 PM
JABS911
Cruisin'

Knowing the facts and knowing they can all be proven - I've come to this forum to find out what, if anything I should do with them. I take this seriously and I know that other DE track lovers do to.

I'm asking you to cut out the BS and give an honest reply to what you would do. This is not a soap opera. If you knew about this situation, what would you do? Normally, I sit quietly on the side and say nothing. The thought of a region taking the opportunity to jeopardize the DE and future insurance for events, well, gets my goat.

And no one said anything about blackmail - that we cannot prove - most likely it was the CI who offered to sweeten the pot to get the extra instructors in.

So please, we are asking without using names. Please remember, everything written by me - is true and happened.

As one Rennlister already wrote - it would be nice to get the CI's side of this.
Old 06-17-2008, 10:51 PM
bobt993
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

VR, did you lend Frank your wheely bike?

Quick Reply: PCA DE Observers Please