Sponsored by:

INDY BIGGEST WHINERS And Delusionaries

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2008, 06:02 PM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

Received 166 Likes on 65 Posts
Default INDY BIGGEST WHINERS And Delusionaries

Kannan. Get a grip. you are in the biggest motorsport event in the world and you leave a door wide open, with PLENTY of room for somone (Andretti) to pass on the inside, you back out, "get scared" and go way off line during the pass (over a car width between them) and then go off line (result of giving TOO much room or getting scared and moving over) and hit the wall. DUDE! toughen up or get out of the sport. that was the biggest crybaby interview I've ever heard!

Ryan Brisco. What was he thinking. No rear view mirror i guess.
not only did he just jump out in the middle to the side of the pit out, but got sideways and gave no room for Patrick who then tried to move over a bit, but there was no room and BLAM, contact. The worst part of this was Ryans public determination that Patrick should have had enough room and when she sees the tape, she will agree. Ive watched it a few times. I dont know what "tape" he is talking about

mk
Old 05-26-2008, 09:17 PM
KS-CS
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mark kibort
. . . Ryan Brisco. What was he thinking. No rear view mirror i guess. not only did he just jump out in the middle to the side of the pit out, but got sideways and gave no room for Patrick who then tried to move over a bit, but there was no room and BLAM, contact. The worst part of this was Ryans public determination that Patrick should have had enough room and when she sees the tape, she will agree. Ive watched it a few times. I dont know what "tape" he is talking about
I agree - after watching the replays it was pretty clearly his fault for swinging into her, and I don't think there was anyway she could have dodged him - he should just man-up ( ) and apologize.

I was kind of disappointed that the track officials intervened before Danica could open a can of NASCAR-style whup-@ss on him.
Old 05-26-2008, 09:35 PM
bobt993
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Come on guys! She is a pro. This manuever would have saved the day! ( remember the Joey Chitwood stunt drivers?)
Attached Images  
Old 05-27-2008, 01:14 AM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

Received 166 Likes on 65 Posts

Did you see that walk. I heard it took five 200lb officials to stop that 90lb pissed off kitty cat!

Mk

Originally Posted by KS-CS
I agree - after watching the replays it was pretty clearly his fault for swinging into her, and I don't think there was anyway she could have dodged him - he should just man-up ( ) and apologize.

I was kind of disappointed that the track officials intervened before Danica could open a can of NASCAR-style whup-@ss on him.
Old 05-27-2008, 01:23 AM
sbelles
I'm in....
Rennlist Member

Received 261 Likes on 174 Posts

Did you see that walk. I heard it took five 200lb officials to stop that 90lb pissed off kitty cat!

Mk
Danica's walk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSzrIGPMpYs
Old 05-27-2008, 01:32 AM
roberga
Nordschleife Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

no driver looks. when they are told go.... they go. NASCAR , F1 Rolex (when the car drops)
Old 05-27-2008, 04:53 AM
f1rocks
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not a big Danica fan but she got stuffed there. Briscoe should "man up" as stated earlier. He was wrong.
Old 05-27-2008, 05:58 AM
uscarrera
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 693 Likes on 336 Posts

Just curious, lets say Danica made it to Briscoe and slapped the sh*t out of him what is professional protocol does Briscoe beat the hell out of Danica's husband?
Old 05-27-2008, 08:36 AM
38D
Nordschleife Master

Received 830 Likes on 417 Posts

Kannan. Get a grip. you are in the biggest motorsport event in the world and you leave a door wide open, with PLENTY of room for somone (Andretti) to pass on the inside, you back out, "get scared" and go way off line during the pass (over a car width between them) and then go off line (result of giving TOO much room or getting scared and moving over) and hit the wall. DUDE! toughen up or get out of the sport. that was the biggest crybaby interview I've ever heard!
I'm not sure how we can possibly understand what it is like to do 220+ mph on a oval, and what is/isn't difficult.
Old 05-27-2008, 09:23 AM
ew928
Owns the Streets
Needs Camber
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It was funny watching Danica march down pit lane to be intercepted by head of security and a big burly official just as she was approaching the wall of mechanics at Briscoe's garage.

I missed the Briscoe take-out.
Old 05-27-2008, 09:37 AM
DM993tt
Three Wheelin'

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Everyone is big and burly compared to Danika.
Old 05-27-2008, 10:29 AM
Land Jet
Rennlist Member

I would have liked to have seen Pantie-ca shove Brisco and then Brisco knock her out cold. I think her bad attitude would improve after that. Seems to me she acts like she is owed first place. Everyboby wants to win. Doesn't mean it's going to happen. Just look at Button in F1.
Old 05-27-2008, 10:45 AM
931guru
Rennlist Member

Received 332 Likes on 273 Posts

At one point, ABC played some audio of Pantie-ca talking about her car, and talking and talking and talking. I could just imagine the crew chief rolling his eyes and thinking, "STFU already."
Old 05-27-2008, 10:52 AM
Land Jet
Rennlist Member

They ought to demote her to mechanic for awhile after hearing her whining about how slow she was. See if she can do any better.
Old 05-27-2008, 11:13 AM
JimB
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 38D
I'm not sure how we can possibly understand what it is like to do 220+ mph on a oval, and what is/isn't difficult.
No kidding. I still remember my first lap at Daytona thinking I'll never make fun of oval racing again. And we only used 1/2 the track and never got over 160 mph. 220 for 500 miles is insane.

I really don't get the anti Danica bullsh#t. She earned her ride through talent and hard work rather than money or family ties. Being a woman might help her with endorsements but she's earned her success on the track the hard way. Clearly she’s got a competitive personality but she backs it up on the track. I’m pretty sure her mechanics would much rather be working with her than the 2/3rds of the drivers that finish behind her.

And those that don't want to be her husband, I don't think you have a thing to worry about!

Quick Reply: INDY BIGGEST WHINERS And Delusionaries