Old 05-27-2008, 11:19 AM
chris walrod
Guru
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 101 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by 931guru
At one point, ABC played some audio of Pantie-ca talking about her car, and talking and talking and talking. I could just imagine the crew chief rolling his eyes and thinking, "STFU already."
That was comical when they replayed that radio transmission. I was thinking the same thing -- get to the point before your radio battery goes flat.

Danica is quite good at car control.

Ever notice she always goes backwards at the start then little by little work her way up some. She seems to hang around the 5-8th position, her level honestly.

If she unloads fast, she'll be fast all weekend, if Friday starts out slow for her, done.

Her husband drives a 993 cab -- so he's alright with me
Old 05-27-2008, 01:18 PM
tetzlafh
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Garbage. Mad pit lane, i'm not sure who to blame when the heat of the race can be the battle in the pits. I think she should suck it up and show the world that rage/attack of crew/driver on another team doesn't show professional sportsmanship. Funny how she was intervened by INDY officials like a little girl.
Old 05-27-2008, 02:15 PM
Cory M
Drifting

Received 74 Likes on 43 Posts

You think she'd be more understanding of accidents in the pitlane...after running someone over a couple of weeks ago
Old 05-27-2008, 02:44 PM
Darth Coupe
Burning Brakes

Not to mention spinning and stalling in the pits...
Old 05-27-2008, 02:47 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

If Fernando Alonso had a sex change, you would end up with Danica Patrick.
Old 05-27-2008, 03:04 PM
roberga
Nordschleife Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I thought he did
Old 05-27-2008, 03:11 PM
924RACR
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 83 Likes on 66 Posts

At one point, ABC played some audio of Pantie-ca talking about her car, and talking and talking and talking. I could just imagine the crew chief rolling his eyes and thinking, "STFU already."
So true... my wife was listening to that replay and said, "she sure talks like a chick on the radio!" (on, and on, and on...)
Old 05-27-2008, 05:19 PM
pat056
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I always thought it was your pit's responsibility to get you out w/o hitting (literally) traffic? What's the guy standing there with the stop/go sign supposed to do? I always though it was to tell you when to stop and go, but I'm just an amatuer.
That would be crap, to run that far in a race and be taken out...in the pits!!
Old 05-27-2008, 05:20 PM
Wreck Me Otter
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Briscoe would have been fine if he didn't lose the back end and whack Patrick.
Old 05-27-2008, 05:28 PM
FredC
Drifting

Received 68 Likes on 45 Posts

I agree with you JimB. This anti-Danica stuff is baseless and frankly not constructive. Rennlist ain't the place for it.

Do you guys really think Schecter is easier on his team when on the radio? Come on! If you want to pick on people, pick on Marty Roth... this guy should stick to club racing - like us amateurs - - we'd get rid of him in no time thanks to 13/13s!

Originally Posted by JimB
No kidding. I still remember my first lap at Daytona thinking I'll never make fun of oval racing again. And we only used 1/2 the track and never got over 160 mph. 220 for 500 miles is insane.

I really don't get the anti Danica bullsh#t. She earned her ride through talent and hard work rather than money or family ties. Being a woman might help her with endorsements but she's earned her success on the track the hard way. Clearly she’s got a competitive personality but she backs it up on the track. I’m pretty sure her mechanics would much rather be working with her than the 2/3rds of the drivers that finish behind her.

And those that don't want to be her husband, I don't think you have a thing to worry about!
Old 05-27-2008, 07:49 PM
Land Jet
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

"I agree with you JimB. This anti-Danica stuff is baseless and frankly not constructive. Rennlist ain't the place for it."

Until somebody makes you king, we'll criticize who we want to. What's the difference if we pick Miss PMS or you pick Roth. Everyone has their own favorites and goats. There's no rhyme or reason to it. I have a blue car, maybe yours is green. Does that mean Rennlist ain't the place for blue cars? Give it a break.

The first times around the track at 160 was probably a lot different than your last lap around at 160. You started to tune into it and relaxed. 220 would be the same after years of doing it. I don't get you guys.

Last edited by Land Jet; 05-27-2008 at 08:07 PM.
Old 05-27-2008, 08:02 PM
ajcjr
Rennlist Member

Received 43 Likes on 31 Posts

she was not talking she was whining like a little baby, i cant do anything wah wah wah

i will say she did look good inthe SI swimsuit issue but then again touch ups help alot
Old 05-27-2008, 08:21 PM
Land Jet
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm kind of surprised she hasn't picked up a sponsorship from Kotex, because she seems to be on the rag a lot. They also would have helped mopping up the blood from that head wound she gave her run-over victim.
Old 05-27-2008, 08:31 PM
TheOtherEric
Rennlist Member

Received 36 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by constaf
I agree with you JimB. This anti-Danica stuff is baseless and frankly not constructive. Rennlist ain't the place for it. ...
Oh puuuulease. Use the intarweb much?
Old 05-27-2008, 09:15 PM
Wreck Me Otter
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

The thread title is appropriate, but it should be about posters on this board...LOL....

Quick Reply: INDY BIGGEST WHINERS And Delusionaries