Sponsored by:

LRP April 24, 25, 26........

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2008 | 11:42 PM
Chris M.
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Gary R.
Hey Joe!!

Was that fun or WHAT ? I was really sad to see you go, you and that 72 got my heart going! What fun it is to run with the quality of people we have out there. Both the Enduro and Sprint were run with not one double yellow, that's pretty darn good and a testament to all involved.

GREATLY looking forward to seeing you at the Glen, and welcome to Rennlist with your 1st post!
Bring on the video.
Old 04-27-2008 | 12:21 AM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

I have 0 video, enduro tape got eaten (not sure if it is salvageable yet) and my camera went dead in staging for the Sprint.. I'm done screwing around, a ChaseCam as part of a DaVid setup or a DaVid 2 is coming very soon.
Old 04-27-2008 | 12:24 AM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by fstockcarrera
Hi Saw you on the track. I was wondering is your car a tt or GT2?
Most of us at the front of C1 have been driving or racing for 15+ years.

The car is a lighter weight C2. Not much that is special. Most F cars have better suspensions.
Nice finally meeting you Bob, you guys are great fun to watch out there..
Old 04-27-2008 | 05:35 AM
sechsgang
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by fstockcarrera
Hi Saw you on the track. I was wondering is your car a tt or GT2?
Most of us at the front of C1 have been driving or racing for 15+ years.

The car is a lighter weight C2. Not much that is special. Most F cars have better suspensions.
My car is a completely stock TT engine wise...it has a bi adj JRZ shock system with mike bars (the jrz 5 way adj shocks) that make the car somewhat capable...but not nearly as adept as your 964 cup cars. You guys truly showed me what REAL racers can run at LRP...I was trying to get down into the 59s...but that wasnt going to happen at this event unfortunately...I have to really bear down the next time I am here to make something happen. Again, I have to compliment how fast you 964 guys are...really something amazing!!!! I have only been De(ing) for a year though with only 1 race prior (summit pt 07)...so I have lots of improvement to make!
Old 04-27-2008 | 10:27 AM
DrJupeman
Rennlist Member

Good race weekend! It was nice seeing so many folks.

A big shout out from me to Joel Furey for his incredible times in his Cayman. I think he smoked last year's Cayman S' time which we all thought was pretty good. Very impressive rookie racer!

sechsgang, pretty car. Thanks for the compliments to us GTC1ers. GTC1 is an amazing class. Quality guys and some spectacular drivers top-to-bottom. At one point I think 6-7 of us were separated by <1 second on the time sheets. The cars are a hoot, but as fstock pointed out, other than being lighter weight (most of our cars are in the 25xx# range), they aren't all that flashy on the spec sheet (basically street engines with a factory Cup chip) and have relatively feeble-compared-to-modern suspensions. Still, I'd be hard-pressed to trade my Cup for a newer one!
Old 04-27-2008 | 10:54 AM
38D
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by DrJupeman
At one point I think 6-7 of us were separated by <1 second on the time sheets. The cars are a hoot, but as fstock pointed out, other than being lighter weight (most of our cars are in the 25xx# range), they aren't all that flashy on the spec sheet (basically street engines with a factory Cup chip) and have relatively feeble-compared-to-modern suspensions. Still, I'd be hard-pressed to trade my Cup for a newer one!
In practice 2 it was 1.5 seconds from 1st to last (8th), and 0.8 seconds from 1st to 6th. 5 guys broke into the 59s, 3 in the 58s. I think every driver in the class has won multiple times in other classes, including overall group wins. You make one mistake and 2 cars are by you in a flash. It ain't easy to even be 4th or 5th!

Wait until Charlie posts his grass pass in Big Bend.
Old 04-27-2008 | 11:12 AM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by gums
If you guys are talking about the orange sprint, you'd better check the entry; there's a ringer in there.
Frank - I wanted to come find you after the sprint to say hi. Was great fun dicing with you in the S's. I was trying to reel you back in after getting held up but we ran out of laps.. nice job!
Old 04-27-2008 | 11:15 AM
DrJupeman
Rennlist Member

Here's the grass pass. Looking at this now it doesn't seem quite as dramatic as it did at the time. I'm trying to stay with Chris Palumbo who was the race leader and eventual winner. Chris is in the red car with the big wing.

Big Bend Grass Pass (open with QuickTime or iTunes)
Old 04-27-2008 | 12:42 PM
Sean F
NASA Racer
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by DrJupeman
Good race weekend! It was nice seeing so many folks.

A big shout out from me to Joel Furey for his incredible times in his Cayman. I think he smoked last year's Cayman S' time which we all thought was pretty good. Very impressive rookie racer!
+1,000

His first race ever and he wins his class in the sprint and the enduro and runs a 59.4 which I think is probably the fastest time ever at LRP for a PCA stock class car. Bad news for H class is he's only going to get better. He is a very fast driver with a very well setup car and just starting to learn to race. Watching that car go through the esseses was something else - flat, balanced and hunkered down.

I can't believe they gave the rookie award to Sabine after Joel's performance...talk about an oversight.
Old 04-27-2008 | 01:18 PM
joel-cs
Instructor

Originally Posted by 1957 356
+1,000

His first race ever and he wins his class in the sprint and the enduro and runs a 59.4 which I think is probably the fastest time ever at LRP for a PCA stock class car. Bad news for H class is he's only going to get better. He is a very fast driver with a very well setup car and just starting to learn to race. Watching that car go through the esseses was something else - flat, balanced and hunkered down.

I can't believe they gave the rookie award to Sabine after Joel's performance...talk about an oversight.
Thanks guys. The car was really dialed in and I was in the zone. What a fun weekend. How do you go back to "plain old DE's" after an experience like that!?

Charlie - love the grass pass. I have to remember that move...
Old 04-27-2008 | 01:29 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

+1,000

Yep, great job Joel!

Sean, the REAL oversight was giving the hard charger award to Delbert because he spun and got back in the race quick????

YOU were positioned last (23rd?) next to me (were were DQ'd, that's another story) and you moved up to 3rd overall!! You won the hard charger award regardless of what was voted on...
Old 04-27-2008 | 02:35 PM
richard glickel.
Drifting

+1,000

Politics. She's a CVR member and it's a F-L car. But, we know who had the best rookie drives.

BTW, Sean, you drove really well all weekend too.
Old 04-27-2008 | 03:35 PM
38D
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by joel-cs
Thanks guys. The car was really dialed in and I was in the zone. What a fun weekend. How do you go back to "plain old DE's" after an experience like that!?
Stout times Joel. The prior fastest time to my knowledge was Jeff Burger with a 59.9 back when the cups ran in the old D class. Get ready for the scrutineer **** probe that will come with being that fast in a stock class . And you can still win the rookie award at the Glen...just don't beat my 2:10.2
Old 04-27-2008 | 03:44 PM
DrJupeman
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 38D
Stout times Joel. The prior fastest time to my knowledge was Jeff Burger with a 59.9 back when the cups ran in the old D class. Get ready for the scrutineer **** probe that will come with being that fast in a stock class . And you can still win the rookie award at the Glen...just don't beat my 2:10.2
He'll be up for Novice award, right, for 2nd time racer? You only have one shot at rookie, right?

As for the Scrute "probe"... It is becoming clearer why you volunteered to be a scrute...
Old 04-27-2008 | 06:16 PM
joel-cs
Instructor

Originally Posted by 38D
Duly noted and no worries about the "probe". I did everything by the book! BTW - I don't think your 2:10.2 is in danger at the glen. That is smokin'!!

Quick Reply: LRP April 24, 25, 26........