Lewis Hamilton Rant

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2008, 01:11 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MTosi
I love the way hamilton can do nothing wrong in the eyes of the british media, first it was alonso's fault, now its because the wing failed? When it comes down to it he drove over the back of alonso and that is in his hands, even if his wing did fail its most likely because of contact on his part. I still can't get over the way he made no evasive action, its like he was asleep or adjusting something on the wheel and on top of all that he alone blew the start.

Yep, we will see if the rain falls in Spain .....
Old 04-08-2008, 01:14 PM
Ray S
Ironman 140.6
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by A.Wayne
Yes the team appears to be covering up Hammy's mistakes , very similar to what Ferrari used to do for schumacher , he has this team wrapped around him in the same tradition, now he needs to deliver .....
It's funny just how far Shummi has gotten under your skin. Gone for over a year and you still constantly bring him up...
Old 04-08-2008, 01:20 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Ray S
It's funny just how far Shummi has gotten under your skin. Gone for over a year and you still constantly bring him up...
read thru mate , he was brought up by the previous poster .....
Old 04-09-2008, 04:32 AM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3,483 Likes on 2,076 Posts

Originally Posted by Ray S
It used to amuse me how all I'd have to say is "MS" and Wayne could produce several paragraphs of hate, youtube clips and fabrications about this and that about Schumacher. It then became boring to me as Wayne would just bring MS up out of the blue and get himself all riled up. It's like a dog chasing it's tail around and around. Amusing at first, but then gets old.
Old 04-09-2008, 04:35 AM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3,483 Likes on 2,076 Posts

Originally Posted by MTosi
I love the way hamilton can do nothing wrong in the eyes of the british media, first it was alonso's fault, now its because the wing failed? When it comes down to it he drove over the back of alonso and that is in his hands, even if his wing did fail its most likely because of contact on his part. I still can't get over the way he made no evasive action, its like he was asleep or adjusting something on the wheel and on top of all that he alone blew the start.
After Hamilton's crash into Alonso, I was thinking of how little the SPEED announcers were saying about the mental mistakes that Hamilton has been doing. If you think about his last 5 races, he's finished 1st in one (on pole) and make unbelievable mistakes in the other 4 to cost him a WC twice (could have locked it up in China, beached it, could have locked it up in Brazil, raced his teammate when he didn't have to and hit the speed limiter button), a podium in another and points in the last. Yet there is no critical analysis from our SPEED team?
Old 04-09-2008, 10:43 AM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by flight747
It used to amuse me how all I'd have to say is "MS" and Wayne could produce several paragraphs of hate, youtube clips and fabrications about this and that about Schumacher. It then became boring to me as Wayne would just bring MS up out of the blue and get himself all riled up. It's like a dog chasing it's tail around and around. Amusing at first, but then gets old.
pete it's time to get away from your tiptronic....
Old 04-09-2008, 11:00 AM
mitch236
Rennlist Member

After Hamilton's crash into Alonso, I was thinking of how little the SPEED announcers were saying about the mental mistakes that Hamilton has been doing. If you think about his last 5 races, he's finished 1st in one (on pole) and make unbelievable mistakes in the other 4 to cost him a WC twice (could have locked it up in China, beached it, could have locked it up in Brazil, raced his teammate when he didn't have to and hit the speed limiter button), a podium in another and points in the last. Yet there is no critical analysis from our SPEED team?
I still can't believe that there was no mention of steward's investigation. If Alonso had driven up the **** of Hamilton, I'm sure Peter Windsor would have personally gone over to the stewards and demanded an investigation. Certain members of the Speed team seem to be so biased that even Matchet occaisionally tries to distance himself from some of the comments. I really used to love their commentary until Hamilton came along.
Old 04-09-2008, 02:52 PM
Trucho-951
Pro

Does anyone know if Lewis Hamilton will endure a 10 place penalty as Kazuki Nakajima did after hitting Robert Kubica in Oz?
Old 04-09-2008, 03:27 PM
mitch236
Rennlist Member

RD is smart. The first thing they did was to say that after reviewing the footage they decided that Alonso wasn't to fault and that it was a racing incident.
Old 04-09-2008, 03:52 PM
insite
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

After Hamilton's crash into Alonso, I was thinking of how little the SPEED announcers were saying about the mental mistakes that Hamilton has been doing.
no kidding; we all thought it looked like he might be on cold medicine or something. slow reactons & boneheaded mistakes.
Old 04-09-2008, 04:58 PM
bet
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

The thing that really annoyed be about the Speed coverage of Hamilton during the Bahrain was the lack of any discussion of this hand gestures to Fisi when passing him. It was a fight for position it wasn't a blue flag situation where Fisi was holding him up. Just because Fisi is driving a Force India car doesn't mean he has to give way to the all powerful Hamilton in the silver arrow. In the end justice was served with Fisi finishing ahead. It is only now starting to get some press in the F1 media.

It really does seem the media is just too smitten with Hamilton to report on him objectively. Massa was torn apart for his mistake ridden drive in Australia (and he should have been). The only difference between Hamilton in Bahrain was that the MB engine didn't go boom and Alonso's car didn't explode like Coultard's did. Hamilton should be taken to task for his mistakes.
Old 04-10-2008, 02:16 AM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Default Lauda - Hamilton in bad shape

f1 technical

Hamilton is in pretty bad shape - Lauda

Only a month ago, former World Champion Niki Lauda, hailed McLaren driver Lewis Hamilton as a genius. After attending the Bahrain Grand Prix, Lauda seemed to have changed his praises into criticism. At Sakhir, Hamilton only finished the race in 13th position.

Niki Lauda was quoted saying to the 'Daily Mirror': "At the moment, he absolutely doesn't impress me. I thought he would become better this year, but he has become worse. He's in pretty bad shape. The crash with Alonso, and into the tyre wall on Friday, were absolutely needless. He showed nothing in Bahrain. That's because of the pressure he is putting on himself."

McLaren team boss Ron Dennis disagrees with Niki Lauda as the Briton is convinced his protégé will bounce back after his bad weekend in the desert. Dennis said: "What happens is you rationalise everything for a couple of days, go through a mental dip and then you come back. The only thing you look at as you go into the last weekends is the points standings, and they're all so close at this stage it's almost immaterial. When it's so close, you don't suddenly start panicking, you concentrate on starting the weekend and working though it and doing a really good job."
Old 04-11-2008, 10:30 AM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Default Hamilton was disrespectful , say's JV......

F1-live.com

Jacques Villeneuve, the 1997 world champion, has made it clear that he is not among McLaren driver Lewis Hamilton's legions of fans.

Speaking in Dubai, where he is again racing in the Speedcar stock car series, the French-Canadian singled out his current Formula One favourites as Felipe Massa - his 2005 team-mate at Sauber - as well as former double world champion Fernando Alonso.

Villeneuve, 37, said the clash between Alonso and then rookie Hamilton at McLaren last year was ‘in bad baste’.

He thinks Hamilton did not show his experienced and successful team-mate enough respect.

"It was just fitting that Hamilton treated Alonso with a little more respect," Villeneuve told the Gulf Times. "I didn't like that sort of treatment, it was very disappointing to see it in the open.”

Villeneuve said Hamilton should have followed his example of 1996, when he entered Formula One and was pitted at Williams alongside experienced veteran Damon Hill.

"I was there to learn and I wanted to learn, something that Hamilton did not show last season being in the company of a two-time world champion," he said.

Villeneuve even plays down the comparison between the Hamilton-Alonso spat and his fierce rivalry with Michael Schumacher in 1997.

"I always held him in respect," he insists, referring to Schumacher.

One of Villeneuve's contemporaries, Heinz-Harald Frentzen, similarly spoke out against Hamilton when he made his Speedcar debut in Bahrain last weekend.

The German, a winner of three Grand Prix, said he would gamble money that BMW Sauber will get the upper hand on Mercedes-powered McLaren in the near future.

"Why? Because Nick Heidfeld is better than Lewis Hamilton," Frentzen, Heidfeld's team-mate at Sauber in 2003, told Sport Bild.

"When there are three teams that are so close together, drivers that are able to push the development forward are even more important.

"To me, it is very clear that Heidfeld is the better one," he added.

Source: GMM
Old 04-11-2008, 11:00 AM
roberga
Nordschleife Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think a lot of people are falling off the Hammy wagon. I did not pick up on his attitude until this year. He had the chance to be seen as a great driver and competitor (like Tiger). Not any more. He spends more time complaining about other drivers than anything else.
Old 04-11-2008, 01:30 PM
Deanriffs
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I have to say I was less than impressed with LH's performance last weekend, but he did have a pretty good crash before the race, right? Maybe that messed with him a bit/threw him off. Not making excuses for him, but he obviously didn't make decisions like he usually does that weekend.

Regarding the kid gloves treatment by the Speed crew, I think it may be simply because they genuinely like him. Yeah, he's been whining a bit, but overall has a good, positive attitude (vs. some of FA's antics) which makes it easy for the press to do their job. Don't get me wrong, I respect FA a lot, but he does get tiresome at certain points.

LH also, as a person of African descent, makes some (maybe also Speed) want to root for him kind of like Tiger W., I think. He's an outsider and insider all at the same time.

I am eager to see if he can move up the pack when behind, like Kimi and FA are able to. It should be another interesting F1 season - already is.

Quick Reply: Lewis Hamilton Rant