VIR Fun - PCA Zone 2 March 14

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2008, 08:32 PM
GT3CAR
Needs to Get a Life
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default VIR Fun - PCA Zone 2 March 14

We are having a blast at VIR. There are a lot of first time VIRers in our group from Tampa. Here are a few pics of our awesome set-up with Vortex Motorsports from Tampa. Bob (aka Viperbob) is treating us well.
I can't believe Bob had ladies here serving us water, diet pepsi, and other goodies after the track closed (ok, so I can dream a little can't I)
It was great to meet a lot of rennlist guys here, Dell, John, Matt, Michael and others.
Post some pics to this thread if you have them. We would love to see them.

Lindsey
Old 03-15-2008, 10:34 PM
jenk12m
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

this track is awesome and can be a bit much for a 1st timer at this track like myself. however, after a few sessions the track really starts to come to you and it been a blast since day 1. its been great to meet the whole tampa/vortex crew and finally put some faces with names.

lindsey, you should change your sig to the silver/white/black gt3...lol
Old 03-15-2008, 11:25 PM
sbelles
I'm in....
Rennlist Member

Received 258 Likes on 172 Posts

Yes, we're having big fun here at VIR but I think intructors out "terrorizing" the white group was an awfully strong term.
Old 03-15-2008, 11:43 PM
wanna911
Race Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Viper Bob's set up is awesome. Dont know what I would have done without them this weekend, and I'm not even with the Tampa crew. I've always wanted to move to Tampa though, at least I know my car would have a good place to call home.
Old 03-16-2008, 12:21 AM
FlyingDog
Nordschleife Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Some of you guys helped me create a track addict. He had been thinking about doing some DEs but thought it was just for crazy people like me with stripped out, loud, obnoxious track cars. He was driving to my office on Thursday and saw a flood of Porsches going south on I-95. He asked me what was going on and I told him PCA was at VIR. His reply "Dude, you win. I gotta try that!" He won't have a Porsche (yet) but he'll be on track sometime this year.
Old 03-16-2008, 02:01 PM
TedA
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by sbelles
Yes, we're having big fun here at VIR but I think intructors out "terrorizing" the white group was an awfully strong term.
Passing without a point in an unexpected place terrorizing maybe? Everybody is supposed to know the rules and abide in what ever run group. You are not above the guidelines and expectations because you are an instructor.

Did not happen to me, but it did happen to my son driving my car in the white group on Friday in to turn one. If he was the one passing without a signal he would have been more severely berated than the instructor.

That not withstanding any weekend at VIR is a great weekend. Great to se many Rennlisters and track buds.
Old 03-16-2008, 05:09 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Fantastic weekend and the weather for the most part even cooperated! With that said, my weekend was cut short on Friday when my LSD decided that it was done. ARGH!!! Anyway, I decided to stay through the entire weekend so I could at least hang with everybody in the paddock and socialize. Other than the driving that is some of the best times at a track event. I got to meet alot of new faces that I have only conversed with here on rennlist. Great to see everybody!

Hopefully Tom will chime in as I am curious why his car was towed in this morning. I'll refrain from posting that picture but will hold onto it should I need it in the future

Here are some pics for your viewing enjoyment. Of course, the pic of my car I had to sneak in to show where it spent the entire weekend
Attached Images              
Old 03-16-2008, 07:35 PM
930man
Rennlist Member

nice pic Dell!

I think Sub 2 is possible !
Old 03-16-2008, 07:38 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

I think that is very easily attainable.......for YOU!!! I'm thinking I can get to the 2:02-2:03 range after hitting the 2:04's on a used set of tires but that stealthy beast of yours is going be hard to chase down. She's looking great!
Old 03-16-2008, 07:45 PM
930man
Rennlist Member

i was really pleased with the set up on Saturday very confident feeling ... now i need to learn to drive her and may all work out... put the other seat in and steering wheel issue went away...

had a rear hub problem today... but will work out
Old 03-16-2008, 08:08 PM
datax
Burning Brakes

Here are some,

Old 03-16-2008, 08:34 PM
Mikelly
Rennlist Member

Received 155 Likes on 71 Posts

I had a great weekend, even with the mechanical issues we drove around... Nothing like a slipping clutch limiting your ability to attain "Dell"-like speeds! I still was able to get promoted to white run group (Thanks Tom K. and Woody!) and progress thru the weekend!

We bagged it after 20 minutes in the second session today, but I still got some good footage, and even with a slipping clutch and the car backfiring, I was able to run well in white!!!

Mike
Old 03-16-2008, 08:35 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Ken, those are some great pics! I'll email you offline so I can get that first pic. That is a great shot. You have one seriously nice camera. That was the 3rd and final Red session on Friday when I took out my good friend Arnie (ZAPmobile) and we discovered the blown LSD.

The last picture is the 2nd session on Friday waiting in the hot pits during a black flag when the silver 7GT3 stuffed it into the tire wall on the left after southbend on lap 2! Never saw the car (or the owner of the car) after the session. Hope he was ok.

ps. Mike, great meeting you this weekend. Great job on going solo!
Old 03-16-2008, 08:47 PM
Mikelly
Rennlist Member

Received 155 Likes on 71 Posts

Dell, sorry to hear of the loss of the diff... But it was great sharing a table and some good "cheer" with you Friday night! Good to meet your wife and the new addition to the family as well!!

Mike
Old 03-16-2008, 08:48 PM
datax
Burning Brakes

Here's more. I just noticed Dell is in a lot of pictures even though picture is taken for other cars. lol

Sporting the new wing.

A lot of white cars.

My friend and I took so many. Will post the rest later. It was great seeing some of you guys in person.

Last edited by datax; 03-16-2008 at 09:05 PM.

Quick Reply: VIR Fun - PCA Zone 2 March 14