Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

VIR Fun - PCA Zone 2 March 14

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2008, 12:34 PM
ZAPmobile
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Don I know how you feel, our car never made it to the event, but Margo and I had a great time instructing and riding with friends.
Old 03-17-2008, 02:06 PM
datax
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by KJinDC
Hey Datax,

Great photos! Any picts of my poor little number 27? I was running in red. She's not too pretty but she goes pretty good for a 99 C2. :-)

Overall it was a great weekend and lots of fun cars to run with. In Red, there were some FAST cars in the Sub GT3/Turbo/GT2 class! HAHA!

-KJ
I've some pictures of your car too, KJ. Will post later tonight.
Old 03-17-2008, 04:32 PM
RJFabCab
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by datax
I've some pictures of your car too, KJ. Will post later tonight.
Ken,

Terrific pictures! It was good to meet you.

Two thumbs up on the weather. Two thumbs down on Dell's LSD.

I assume you made it home ok, eh?
Old 03-17-2008, 05:12 PM
tkerrmd
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by sechsgang
hahahahahahah...Tom...comon man, get on here and save yourself!

OK no fair, we just go back monday at around 3pm the cars are not even back yet and damn a 3 page thread to read through!!

This was a FIRST CLASS event and the Zone 2 guys are to be congradulated!!!

Manny, Tom and the gang there were awesome.

The track was unbelievable and the people even better, really enjoyed meeting all you guys!!

Yes had an "off" the first run do to cold tires and being lost.........lost my front spliter and a brake duct, no big deal.

Car ran well but the computer shut it down and I was towed in!! Rebooted and car was fine (go figure?)

Got my times to near 2:10 with time I can see how you guys run low 2's but not in my future!!

Thanks everyone had a great weekend!!!!!!!!!!!

tom

Old 03-17-2008, 05:14 PM
930man
Rennlist Member

i ended up with a bad rear hub problem on sunday... come to find out porsche had a recall on part we think failed... but still had a good time learning a lil about this new car... have quite a bit to learn
Old 03-17-2008, 05:16 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Tom, great meeting you as well

Sorry to hear about the off and losing the splitter, etc.. Sounds like you were all fine after a "reboot". Good to hear it was nothing serious. I was packing my truck up the lodge when I saw you "in tow" on the bridge straight and was hopeful it was nothing serious. Glad it wasn't bad.

Hope to see you again at our slice of heaven we call VIR!
Old 03-17-2008, 05:24 PM
}{arlequin
Pro

tom, your car was spitting fuel or oil like crazy. fyi
Old 03-17-2008, 06:51 PM
tkerrmd
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by }{arlequin
oh yeah, well the first small thing was the "off" no damage and car still ran great.
the second thing was the engine shut down and the tow in, fun ride nothing serious, but the tow truck driver said to me every time my wheel hits their toe strap it is a $25 fine!!
and the last incident was on the last lap of the last day, blew a clutch line and dropped the clutch fluid, lucky didnt cause an accident or black flag but all was over and car on way back to shop.

Dell, hope your car is up and running soon!!

tom
Old 03-17-2008, 07:00 PM
jenk12m
Banned

didnt know you had that many incidents with the car, tom. glad to hear everything will be ok and you and the tampa crew had a great time
Old 03-17-2008, 07:38 PM
Mike Buck
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by }{arlequin

I chased your bumper around for an entire lap }{, I don't know how it didn't fall off!

Weather was great and my car ran perfectly. Still embarassing how slow I am on the straights now compared to newer machinery. At least most were good with the lifts in Black. Tried R888's for the first time and they are a real blast, even at full tread. My student was great and really enjoyed his first DE.
Old 03-17-2008, 08:16 PM
Trj
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 49 Likes on 33 Posts

It was a great weekend and my hats off to Manny and the Zone 2 crew for making it all happen.

I also want to put a big thank you out there to Viper Bob and his Vortex crew. I had a Cat come loose on the beginning of day three and was packing up to go home. Bob ( who did not even know me ) saw what was going on and they were right on it. I was back on the track for the next session! Without a welder on site my day would have been done!

I additionally kept throwing a ABS sensor on my right front wheel and Kenny from Werkstatt was all over it with his computer.

It is always great to see how people you do not even know will go out of their way to help someone out.

So thanks to everyone for a great weekend. Hope to see you all again soon. T.Roy

PS: 930mans new gt2 is insane and I will let him give you guys the run down on the mach 2 machine!
Old 03-17-2008, 08:50 PM
iLLM3
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well guy's finally have some time to gather thoughts and write out a little VIR first time experience.

First and foremost, we had damn good weather , met some AWESOME guy's and Manny thanks so much for organizing a first class event! I had a BLAST..

This was my first time at VIR in my GT2, was a bit nervous at first, especially since I was trying out a few new suspension components on my moton's, first time on full tread R888's and first time at VIR hah! It all went well, my car was SOLID hat's off to Lynmor Motorsports here in NY for setting it up to damn near perfection!

R888's were a bit greasy at full tread but still amazing even then, 2d day came around and the tires were a world of a difference, got comfy with the track, ran solo in blue and was getting quicker (lapping blue so I moved up last session).

3rd day is when I was having the most fun despite being a bit tired, found my tire temps at 28 cold all around 38 hot to be perfect, was very comfortable with the track and ran consistent 2:12's within my comfort zone, Matt I don't know HOW you pull off a 2 FLAT, in another universe, just unreal..

Well guy's, it was nice meeting some of you I have not met before (Tom Kerr, Dez, Jenk, LVDELL, Matt E, JCB Memphis, Chris from 6speed) and probably a few others I forgot, I apologize! Then the known faces (Drew, JoeyG, Stu997GT3 who I rode down with)

Overall what a way to kick off track season, can't wait for Summit Point/Watkins in the next upcoming month or 2.

My good ol' RUF treated me well, thanks again guy's.

Martin
Old 03-17-2008, 09:20 PM
TedA
Addict
Rennlist Member

My highlight of the weekend......

I'm at the kink, glance in the rear view mirror, see a red car, big red wing coming out of hog pen. Realizing that I had not signed the pre-pointby waiver, I immediately start pointing by to the right. By the 6 marker in the brake zone he is even with me. On the gas thru two........ and I see him disappear through my windshield by NASCAR. BKS claims another victim.

I await the video so that it can be passed on to my grandchildren.
Old 03-17-2008, 09:33 PM
Trj
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 49 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by TedA
My highlight of the weekend......

I'm at the kink, glance in the rear view mirror, see a red car, big red wing coming out of hog pen. Realizing that I had not signed the pre-pointby waiver, I immediately start pointing by to the right. By the 6 marker in the brake zone he is even with me. On the gas thru two........ and I see him disappear through my windshield by NASCAR. BKS claims another victim.

I await the video so that it can be passed on to my grandchildren.

Dude he was blowing 2 ft flames out of his tailpipes when he blew by me!
Old 03-17-2008, 09:44 PM
TedA
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Trj
Dude he was blowing 2 ft flames out of his tailpipes when he blew by me!
Honestly, I think he was coasting when he went around me to be polite. He knew I wasn't wearing a fire suit.

Quick Reply: VIR Fun - PCA Zone 2 March 14