Sponsored by:

Where are the Alonso detractors Pt 3

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2008, 12:19 AM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Go ahead finn , at least they will be pissing on someone else for a change maybe banter without the constant crap, I will send you and larry cheers from Sebring !

Pete and ray can kiss my ****! The Bums and the other numbnut ITC , will be in the canal at Moroso next week.

Last edited by A.Wayne; 02-08-2008 at 01:38 AM.
Old 02-08-2008, 01:15 AM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 179 Likes on 126 Posts

Hey, life is too short stop taking this stuff personal here on the internet. I though you all were just poking at each other and having fun.

I will be at Sebring on Saturday and then down in Lauderdale/Miami next week. finn and Wayne why don't we meet up for dinner or lunch!

If any of you are at Sebring Saturday and you see a very tall guy with a silver prosthetic leg walking around stop me knock me over or something and introduce yourself.

see ya! Mike
Old 02-08-2008, 01:41 AM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

we have always poked at each MD , but the thread was starting to get cluttered with too much of it , i started a new thread to clear that trend and Bam , it came back , now i think we need a new thread "Where are the Kimi detractors " Let them batter the finn for a change

PS You will never get the finn to come, He prefers to take it and run
Old 02-08-2008, 03:44 AM
pole position
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Waynski is just upset that Alonso could only get a seat at a mediocre team. Good ol' Fonzi build himself already a excuse because he will be fighting midfield for the 08 season.What happened to your claims that the midget is a star developer of F1 machinery, brought Renault two WCC's by his pure skills not rulechanges /Michelins, how come he is not doing it for 08 instead of already doing the pre race whine ?

The F car drive is pure Waynski spin, nothing is for certain in F1 but Alonsos chances to land that seat are slim to none.

FYI, Daimler wanted him gone after Hungary aka no likey threats, it was Ron with his mega$$$ Mac shareholder buddy who saved Alonsos seat until season end. But he could only delay the Daimler axe because it was set in stone that he would be a goner by the end of the season. It was ,get fired or leave , take your pick. BTW, they also fired your other hero Montoya on the spot after the US GP, only this time Ron agreed..................

Teams that spending almost half a bil a season are not putting up with primadonnas like in the old days, no matter how good the driver is. Those days are over and will never come back.
Old 02-08-2008, 08:53 AM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by A.Wayne
Go ahead finn , at least they will be pissing on someone else for a change maybe banter without the constant crap, I will send you and larry cheers from Sebring ! ...
Name changed! Now I feel weird...

Originally Posted by mdrums
Hey, life is too short stop taking this stuff personal here on the internet. I though you all were just poking at each other and having fun.

I will be at Sebring on Saturday and then down in Lauderdale/Miami next week. finn and Wayne why don't we meet up for dinner or lunch!
Mike,
Like I said, next week lunch here in Miami Beach would be great. Let me know what day works. And as I said, you need to me able to take the punishment of looking hot girls in tight outfits...

PS You will never get the finn to come, He prefers to take it and run
Mike and I are already going, now we only need you to join. Any day next week, lunch at Lincoln Road or Ocean Drive, can you make it?
Old 02-08-2008, 10:21 AM
Sean F
NASA Racer
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

Okay, I have a droving question. In the February F1 Racing magazine, Peter Windsor talks about one of the aspects of Alonso's droving style and how impacts car dynamics. He writes about his initial inputs for a corner. He thinks Alonso is overloading the front tires with an initial "flick" at turn in causing mid-corner understeer. He also talks about "his dedication to mid corner speed and thus prolonged lateral load" as a potential problem for wheelspin at exit.

I realize that most people think Windsor is a tool, but are his comments accurate? I can't tell from watching the broadcasts on tv if it is accurate or not.
Old 02-08-2008, 10:26 AM
Larry Herman
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I saw something about the contrasting driving styles of Alonso, MS and someone else (I forget who). They talked about Alonso's abrupt initial steering input as a way to set the car in an understeering mode throughout the corner. Driver #2 had a smoother style with very neutral handling and MS was the fastest and smoothest on entry but had to deal with oversteer on corner exit. I wish I could remember where I saw that. It was quite interesting.
Retired Club Racer & National PCA Instructor
Past Flames:
1994 RS America Club Racer
2004 GT3 Track Car
1984 911 Carrera Club Racer
1974 914/4 2.0 Track Car

CLICK HERE to see some of my ancient racing videos.

Old 02-08-2008, 10:38 AM
Bob Rouleau

Still plays with cars.
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 255 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry Herman
I saw something about the contrasting driving styles of Alonso, MS and someone else (I forget who). They talked about Alonso's abrupt initial steering input as a way to set the car in an understeering mode throughout the corner. Driver #2 had a smoother style with very neutral handling and MS was the fastest and smoothest on entry but had to deal with oversteer on corner exit. I wish I could remember where I saw that. It was quite interesting.
I'd like to know more about that. Watching the drivers from track-side it looks as if they "twitch" the cars into the fast corners (i.e. abrupt turn-in) which I assume relates to the big downforce they have on the way in. It reminds me of a video game with digital (all or nothing) steering.

best,
Old 02-08-2008, 10:39 AM
adrial
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Larry Herman
It's on youtube, Jenson Button was the 3rd driver...
Old 02-08-2008, 11:07 AM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Windsor is correct. If you watch Alonso's in-car footage, it's weird the way he drives. Or I should say, drove with Renault. McLaren handled differently so he had to adapt. I assume this season with Renault again, he'll do the same as he did before with Renault.

he turns first a little and then just basically "yanks" the steering wheel to almost to full lock to the way he's turning. Definitely mid turn understeer.

I thin that was part of '05 & '06 Renault inheritently and with Alonso combination that worked.
Old 02-08-2008, 11:11 AM
Sean F
NASA Racer
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

That's basically what Windsor was getting at. In the article he was talking about the return to Renault and how he might be very quick as the car would better suit his driving style. He also said the Mclaren was much better suited for Hamilton's more muted initial inputs.
Old 02-08-2008, 11:15 AM
Ray S
Ironman 140.6
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Pete and ray can kiss my ****! The Bums and the other numbnut ITC , will be in the canal at Moroso next week.
Ahhh, wait just a moment while I bask in the warmth of all of this love...

Ok, that's enough...

Originally Posted by mdrums
+1 Although some posts seemed to be getting more vitriolic as many reply's are getting less substantive and more ad hominem.

Originally Posted by pole position
What happened to your claims that the midget is a star developer of F1 machinery, brought Renault two WCC's by his pure skills not rulechanges /Michelins, how come he is not doing it for 08 instead of already doing the pre race whine ?
This is a substantive point. Wayne has implied that a great deal of Renault's previous success (and much of Mac's success and even some of Hamilton's success) was due to to Alo's car development and car set-up skill's.

Why is Alo out whining (before race one has even been run) that they are out of it? Develop that Renault Alo, it's the only ride you've got for now
Old 02-08-2008, 11:29 AM
Ray S
Ironman 140.6
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by adrial
It's on youtube, Jenson Button was the 3rd driver...
Do you have the link? I could not find it, but I did find this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZxuL4Mt5Qk
Old 02-08-2008, 11:38 AM
mitch236
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by M3Pete
Didn't you ever have any brothers that would rib you to death.
Awwwwww, you guys are brothers now!!!

Group hug!!!!!!!!!!

Back to F1, Kimi is showing his superiority by besting last year's best qualy time WITHOUT TC!!!
Old 02-08-2008, 11:41 AM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 1957 356
That's basically what Windsor was getting at. In the article he was talking about the return to Renault and how he might be very quick as the car would better suit his driving style. He also said the Mclaren was much better suited for Hamilton's more muted initial inputs.
I'm interested to see how well he does without TC.

Before he came to F1, this old Finnish rally driver (who lives in UK and who's name escapes me now) who is a driving coach had Hamilton with him to learn oversteering etc.
He said Hamilton sucked big time in slippery conditions, didn't have a clue really but after a lot of work he finally learned how to control the car. That might have an effect with new F1 cars & no TC.

Quick Reply: Where are the Alonso detractors Pt 3