Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking for input from the track masters.....

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2008, 01:36 PM
Qwickrick
Three Wheelin'

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Three things jump out to me:
Big Bend: You're turning in way late for Big Bend/start braking at 3, turn in at 2 trail braking thru the first apex, lift, back on gas, and let the car rotate and set up for second apex and exit...
Left Hander: you're turning in way early and not using the whole track. Enter the turn further to the right, trail brake half way around the outside radius, get back on power and aim for the small patch of asphalt between the curbing and concrete patch. This sets you up for the right hander, which sets you up for no name etc....
Uphill: You're turning in too late (remember that all at DE's, most cones are placed for late apexing)
turn in sooner and get back on power sooner (tons of camber on the uphill) and crest the hill left of center. Hint: on one of the first couple of yellow flat laps in the beginning or at the end of the session, look for the blue "skippy" turn in marker on the left side curbing before your normal turn in.
This is a good reference point for turn in, and there is also a blue "skippy" apex marker on the right curbing for the uphill.
Old 02-03-2008, 05:22 PM
BostonDMD
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by roketman
sure thats fine .
I will be racing in 2 other venues this season as well .Won't be at many DE'S .
The only de I know I will be at is Mt TREMBLANT IN AUG, WITH RENNSPORT.
See you at Tremblant.......
Old 02-03-2008, 06:45 PM
sjanes
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BostonDMD
Sjanes, are you going to be attending LCMT in August and Calabogie in Sept. with Rennsport?
If so, maybe we can hook up and you can show me a thing or two in those great Canadian tracks.......
I don't have my track schedule picked out yet. If I'm at either of those events, I would be happy to help out.
Old 02-04-2008, 02:38 AM
Brian P
Rennlist Member

Received 29 Likes on 11 Posts

Paolo,

If you will be at the NNJR LR event this spring, look me up. I intend to be there, and barring some catastrophe, I'll have my car with me. Hopefully we can do some back to back drives so I can demonstrate what some people on the board are describing.
Old 02-04-2008, 03:08 PM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 995 Likes on 595 Posts

[QUOTE=38D;5059479] The first 1/2 of Big Bend should be a braking adventure. [QUOTE]

I think this is an appropriate quote for Big Bend. My entrance to Big Bend is usually commentated in my helmet with "Oh @!$%!.......Woooo.....That was Awesome!!!!!!"

Last edited by Matt Romanowski; 02-04-2008 at 03:08 PM. Reason: fix quote
Old 02-04-2008, 04:22 PM
BostonDMD
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Matt, in case you missed the video of part of our session together at NHIS........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qZr6bzMBsU

Quick Reply: Looking for input from the track masters.....