Sponsored by:

Lower Your Porche's Insurance

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2008, 11:40 AM
DonP
AutoX

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Lower Your Porche's Insurance

Since I worked for an insurance company for like 4 years before quitting, I learned a few tricks that can really help you save on insurance, some of these may or not work depending on your state or country, but hey its worth a shot. BTW, use any of these at your own risks, because if you get caught you'll probably be screwed.

1) Insurance rates are based on where you live, if you happen to have a cottage or know someone who lives in a rural area, just tell the insurance company you live there. I've seen prices fall as much as $500 when I would play around with the system.

2) If you are under 25, you are going to get seriously rapped on costs. Tell your insurance company you are married or are common law if that is same thing where you live. Why? Apparently if your under 25 and married your less likely to get into an accident. Your insurance company can't ask details of your spouse do to the privacy act, again if there is one in your area. I personally did this and saved about $900 per year.

3) If you are a bad driver meaning you have a lot of accidents and tickets, you have to convince some one who really loves you to take out an insurance policy in their name and even register your car in their name. But the catch is that person cannot live with you, or at least on paper not live with you. Then you drive your car as normal and if you get into an accident you say so and so let me borrow their car. My friend whose an insurance broker did this and got into an accident and got away with it. I personally wouldn't ever do this though.

4) If you get into an accident and the damage is not bad and its your fault, convince the other driver not to go through insurance but say you'll pay for the damages. This is because if the damage is around $2000, your insurance premium will probably go up around $500-$1000 per year for the next few years. So you gotta look at the cost benefit analysis.

5) If you get a ticket, you must fight it till the death. Usually, getting more than three tickets and being under 25 is like giving out free money to your big bad insurance company.

6) Pay your bills on time. Not that many people know but insurance companies in the US are allowed to use your credit history to factor in to the costs of your auto insurance. I know you must be thinking wtf. But this is because there is a correlation between people with bad credit and bad driving. I know crazy, but pay your credit card bills on time.

7) Put your car and house insurance with the same insurance company. In some cases, this can lower your rates a little.

8) Shop around every year for new insurance quotes. It was so funny seeing some people get rapped on their insurance premiums when all they had to do was shop around. This means go to different insurance companies or get a better insurance broker whose going to help you find the best deal. You can also compare insurance companies quickly on the internet at places like MyQuoteWizard.com. It compares some of the cheapest insurance rates around, I personally know this for a fact. So make sure you shop around every year and don't just forget about it or else your being taken advantage of.

That's all I can think of for now, if anyone has any questions just leave them in here. But I know I just saved some of you a couple hundred bucks. Your welcome.
The following users liked this post:
PJSD (06-03-2020)
Old 01-14-2008, 11:44 AM
Geoffrey
Nordschleife Master

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Isn't insurance fraud a serious offense and penalties pretty stiff?
The following 3 users liked this post by Geoffrey:
dan212 (04-09-2021), Hella-Buggin' (07-11-2020), lcjhnsn (04-11-2021)
Old 01-14-2008, 11:51 AM
jester911
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Talk about being seriously raped. Try going to prison for insurance fraud.
Old 01-14-2008, 11:51 AM
FLA997
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Yes, it is Geoffrey....this is NOT good advice.
Old 01-14-2008, 11:57 AM
FLA997
Drifting

OFF TOPIC:

Jester-

You gonna be at RRR this weekend?
Old 01-14-2008, 12:01 PM
jester911
Drifting

I wish I was. I am upgrading the suspension in my car in the next couple of weeks so I am off track for a little while.

Our local region is doing a DE at RA this weekend so I may go up there to at least be at the track for a fix even though I won't be driving.
Old 01-14-2008, 12:12 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Received 292 Likes on 174 Posts

Originally Posted by Geoffrey
Isn't insurance fraud a serious offense and penalties pretty stiff?
Yes, and his like suggestions of #1-3 are like out and out fraud.
1. Lie about where you live
2. Lie about your marital status
3. Lie about who owns the car - love this one. If someone is stupid enough to let you do it and you kill someone with their car and insurance, they lose everything!
Old 01-14-2008, 12:16 PM
jester911
Drifting

Oh Gary, I didn't know you were so like cool.
Old 01-14-2008, 12:27 PM
FLA997
Drifting

Like, that is so funny.....lol
Old 01-14-2008, 12:31 PM
jester911
Drifting

So then you go and edit your post and like let me hang out there Dood.
Old 01-14-2008, 12:32 PM
paradisenb
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by DonP
3) If you are a bad driver meaning you have a lot of accidents and tickets, you have to convince some one who really loves you to take out an insurance policy in their name and even register your car in their name. But the catch is that person cannot live with you, or at least on paper not live with you. Then you drive your car as normal and if you get into an accident you say so and so let me borrow their car. My friend whose an insurance broker did this and got into an accident and got away with it. I personally wouldn't ever do this though.

Nothing says I love more than this little diddy.
Pass all your problems to a loved one.
Brothers and sisters beware!
Old 01-14-2008, 12:37 PM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Not only the serious crime of Insurance Fraud....I guess that the potential money "saved" is supposed to be worth being a known LIAR?????
Old 01-14-2008, 12:38 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Received 292 Likes on 174 Posts

Originally Posted by jester911
So then you go and edit your post and like let me hang out there Dood.
You like type so darn fast dood!
Old 01-14-2008, 12:39 PM
chrisp
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The best part about point #3 is that an insurance broker did this.

It's the actions of idiots like this that increase the rates good drivers have to pay.
Old 01-14-2008, 12:41 PM
jester911
Drifting

All of this advice from a former insurance salesman. Hmm...

Quick Reply: Lower Your Porche's Insurance