Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Eagle Canyon Raceway Video

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2007, 01:45 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,564 Likes on 822 Posts

LOL...watched it again. He brakes between 9 & 10!!!!!!
Old 11-21-2007, 01:54 PM
George A
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

He gets freaked out when I'm behind him......
Old 11-21-2007, 01:59 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

You are not alone in that with him....
Old 12-12-2007, 03:37 PM
kevinjscott
7th Gear

We've had a great time at the track recently. Here's another video of a clean lap with some room for improvement.

Here is the clip on YouTube and here is the original clip (.mp4) for download (higher quality).

A description of the camera/data setup with Trackvision is available here.

..Kev

Last edited by kevinjscott; 12-12-2007 at 06:03 PM.
Old 12-12-2007, 11:52 PM
George A
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by kevinjscott
We've had a great time at the track recently. Here's another video of a clean lap with some room for improvement.

Here is the clip on YouTube and here is the original clip (.mp4) for download (higher quality).

..Kev
Nice job. I couldn't help looking at some of the G readings. It shows over 1.5 on a couple of turns. Do you have the raw data? Oh yeah, what kind of tires were you running?

G.
Old 12-13-2007, 12:19 AM
DallasC4S
Advanced

Kevin: That is awesome! I love the G and Speed overlay. Great driving & your car is crazy fast. Thanks for taking the time to post.
Old 12-13-2007, 01:34 AM
himself
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 28 Posts

..Kev
Kevin,

Are you going to set up a Trackvision overlay of the wet sessions at MSR last weekend?

-td
Old 12-13-2007, 10:15 AM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by George A
Nice job. I couldn't help looking at some of the G readings. It shows over 1.5 on a couple of turns. Do you have the raw data? Oh yeah, what kind of tires were you running?

G.
Ditto. Nicely done.
Old 12-14-2007, 03:30 PM
kevinjscott
7th Gear

Thanks. I run Michelin Pilot Sport Cups at the normal sizes. The exported CSV data from the Traqmate is here. Based on my notes, I believe the video clip runs from "elapsed time" 337.0 to 468.44; the lap timer ticks around the middle of the front straight and the lap timer in the video corresponds to the start of lap 3 in the data (right-most column if you view the CSV in Excel).

I drive to/from the track on those same MPSCs (not a very fancy track day setup, eh?), so Sunday's MSR event in the rain was a no-go in that car. However, I used the opportunity to run around the track in my '07 MINI Cooper S grocery getter. I'm a bit reluctant to admit this on Rennlist, but that car was really fun in the rain :)

..Kev
Old 12-14-2007, 08:14 PM
APKhaos
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

..Kev
Kev and anyone else using You Tube:

If you're tired of the abomination that is You Tube's hack compression, you really should try www.vimeo.com. Its a free service, the resolution is really decent, the guys running Vimeo are really responsive and helpful, and you get 500Mb of free storage just for starters. Here's a nice example.

Noe that we've got TrackVision V2.0 out the door, I'm planning to set up a TrackVision channel on Vimeo. When I get that done, you will be able to submit any video you upload for the TrackVision channel. Should be a nice collection once a few guys get involved.

Cheers,
Tony K
TrackVision
944 SuperCup champ 2005, 2006
PCA Potomac Prez
[umm, must reinstate my sig......]
Old 12-16-2007, 03:41 PM
kevinjscott
7th Gear

Thanks, Tony. It seems that Vimeo offers 500MB of upload storage _each_week_ which is fine for sharing a few laps!

YouTube has the worst embedded quality, but best community (i.e. most eyeballs) and great storage space. Blip.tv offers great storage space (for now) and fair embedded quality, but minimal community...plus you can store/access the original clips there. Vimeo also lets you store/access the original clips on their site. Unfortunately, the total free storage space is slightly limited (although probably still plenty) and the community is small, but the embedded quality is definitely better (doesn't reduce the number of frames per second as much as the others)!

If you're handing out direct links or embedding the clips to a website, then the community aspect doesn't really even matter...it's just that when people search for clips, they use Google or go directly to YouTube (sorta the same thing).

For sharing track vids, I lean towards Vimeo at the moment.

If you want to compare, here's that same clip on the various sites:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARfYylR-8Aw
http://blip.tv/file/520677
http://www.vimeo.com/437555

..Kev
Old 12-16-2007, 04:23 PM
APKhaos
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Kev,
We've tried them all, and [for now at least] Vimeo's Flash settings are the best by far. Both frame rate and keyframe frequency are higher. Their 500Mb/week upload allowance is not too shabby, although Blip's 1Gb single file is bigger.

- You need to get RPM hooked up to what looks like your Traqmate?
- I see you are using TrackVision V2.0. You might want to try the Frame Margin setting to add a bit more room below the dash so it doesn't get clipped in full screen.
- Are you saving your video in H.264? There's much less loss in the Flash conversion if you save in TrackVision's H.264 format.

Great video! That track keeps coming at you. Not much time to relax there!
Old 01-09-2008, 03:57 PM
juddtaylor
Instructor

Originally Posted by SWA911
I am mostly on the PP board but I heard there was a place for ECR videos over here.
Here's mine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1qi5oqWHTg
Jeff, how did you find a full 7 mins of video from that event that didn't show me passing you?

BTW, nice video. I didn't catch the time on your first lap, but #2 was 2:14, and #3 was 2:17.

On sat I ran some 2:10s when I had the R6's on, but on sunday the best I could do was a 2:15 with my crappy Kuhmo's.

-Judd

Quick Reply: Eagle Canyon Raceway Video