Sponsored by:

Eagle Canyon Raceway Video

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2007, 11:19 PM
himself
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by George A
Ok, one long video and I'm off to bed. Here is my 40 (something) minute session (325 mg) the first day feeling the track out:

http://www.p993.net/EC/PCA-EC-Nov2007-Clinic.wmv

Lot's of f'ups and some cool power slides.

G.
Do you have any larger video files? As if I didn't suck up all my office bandwidth trying to download your other 120Mb file

Seriously, thanks for taking the time to upload these. Oh, and did you switch gloves??

-td

Last edited by himself; 11-20-2007 at 12:11 AM.
Old 11-20-2007, 12:01 AM
TR6
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ervtx
... like right as we came up on you again from 2 thru 5...
Yes, you caught me again...
Originally Posted by deep_uv
Here's another of your "exrercise" shots from the early wet session on Sunday. I've got another one too, I'll have to find it.
I'm sure you've got a few. You know, they bitch if you don't give passing signals, and they razz you if you do... Wait til my 911 is back.

And I wanna see some video of me from the last session on Sunday after I got my front brakes fixed at PST after they had been progressively giving up throughout Sunday! I swear I was a lot faster!
Old 11-20-2007, 12:56 AM
ervtx
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TR6
And I wanna see some video of me from the last session on Sunday after I got my front brakes fixed at PST after they had been progressively giving up throughout Sunday! I swear I was a lot faster!
Sorry, no video from the last session, but I don't recall any black gloves giving me a point-by, either. That should count.
Old 11-20-2007, 04:26 AM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Received 95 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by amondc

Its a new track built just outside Ft Worth TX. This was the first public weekend at the track. Looks like its going to be a very nice facility there are some things that still need to be finished up but what they have done so far is top notch.
Thanks amondc. Looks a lot of fun with a bit of everything. You guys in the US are lucky with so many tracks. We have one major track in Sydney and another that is getting closed down soon. This in a city with a population of over 5 million...and they wonder why the kids are racing on the street.
Old 11-20-2007, 10:59 AM
George A
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by td873
Do you have any larger video files? As if I didn't suck up all my office bandwidth trying to download your other 120Mb file

Seriously, thanks for taking the time to upload these. Oh, and did you switch gloves??

-td
FIOS is amazing.......

I've got one more session I can upload. I just need to process it. Yes, I switch gloves all the time. Why, I really don't know.

G.
Old 11-20-2007, 11:22 AM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,538 Likes on 811 Posts

George, I just watched your 340mb video. Do you remember how bad the sand & gravel were coming out of 8 when behind other cars? I remember getting repeatedly peppered by the cup cars unless I backed off or went to the middle of the track. Nasty stuff...
Old 11-20-2007, 11:29 AM
George A
Three Wheelin'

Yes I do remember. Do you see the hand prints on my dash from all the dust? Once the grass grows in, it will be gone.

G.
Old 11-20-2007, 02:26 PM
RSKY BIZ
Shark Slayer
Rennlist Member

Location: 'BETWEEN NORTH STAR BOROUGH...& THE CONCH REPUBLIC'
Default THE 'REAL DEAL', INDEED!

Originally Posted by TR6
I was out there today and will be again tomorrow. All I can say is, "wow, what a track!". This track is the real deal. You guys that haven't been on it yet need to find an opportunity to drive it. This track is going to be in a whole different class than the other options currently available in the region...
Nice to see David and Linda's vision, hard work, and diligence during the inclement summer weather which delayed their opening, finally become a reality. They should attract some 'top notch' events once their vision is complete!

Originally Posted by 333pg333
Looks like the sort of track you would build if you had the land and a bit of spare cash. Plenty of runoff areas which is safer in my book. Is this a new track and where is it?
That pretty much sums it up! Great peeps, too!
Judging by the responses and local interest, their calendar should fill up fast...
Wish them all the best.

EAGLES CANYON RACEWAY LINK

Kim
Old 11-20-2007, 02:33 PM
SWA911
Instructor

I am mostly on the PP board but I heard there was a place for ECR videos over here.
Here's mine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1qi5oqWHTg
Old 11-20-2007, 02:43 PM
George A
Three Wheelin'

SWA911, I can't believe you let my neighbor pass you like that..........

G.
Old 11-20-2007, 07:09 PM
TR6
Drifting

Photos are up...
http://hart-photography.com/photocar...ewGallery=2698
Old 11-20-2007, 08:57 PM
SWA911
Instructor

Originally Posted by George A
SWA911, I can't believe you let my neighbor pass you like that..........

G.
Well......he is our customer so I thought I'd be nice. His car is quite a bit better than mine and has all the goodies and mine is a work in progress lacking certain things like aftermarket sway bars. I thought we were pretty equal on power but he can corner much better than I can.

I tried to keep up with him but it just wasn't possible. He is a pretty good driver. He was happy to stay behind me and watch me screw up but it was making me nervous so he needed to go on.
Old 11-21-2007, 10:47 AM
George A
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by SWA911
Well......he is our customer so I thought I'd be nice. His car is quite a bit better than mine and has all the goodies and mine is a work in progress lacking certain things like aftermarket sway bars. I thought we were pretty equal on power but he can corner much better than I can.

I tried to keep up with him but it just wasn't possible. He is a pretty good driver. He was happy to stay behind me and watch me screw up but it was making me nervous so he needed to go on.
Yup, he's improved dramatically since he got that car. It was almost like a night and day transformation when he got out of the 996.

G.
Old 11-21-2007, 10:51 AM
George A
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
George, I just watched your 340mb video. Do you remember how bad the sand & gravel were coming out of 8 when behind other cars? I remember getting repeatedly peppered by the cup cars unless I backed off or went to the middle of the track. Nasty stuff...
Hey Dave, check out the next to last lap again... It's my favorite asshat. Notice how he pits rather than give me a passing signal? Not even a cool down lap. He's done that the past couple of times I've caught him. You know, to me that's ultimate "I don't want to admit" statement. Hell, I'd have ten times more respect if he'd stayed and given the passing signal.

G.
Old 11-21-2007, 11:28 AM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,538 Likes on 811 Posts

Yup, saw that. I hate to admit it, but I love getting right behind him (not that hard to catch him, really) and just hang there. I know he will wait 2-3 laps to give a point by...and I also know that he will drive his mirrors with red mist overload, and put at least 2 wheels off on at least every other corner. It's fun to make him over-drive rthe car!

Even this past weekend, as crappily as I was driving & as crappy as my car was handling, he delivered like clockwork!

Quick Reply: Eagle Canyon Raceway Video