2 seats available in Overall Race winner, for 25 Hours of Thunderhill

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2007, 03:22 PM
Steve Rea
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2 seats available in Overall Race winner, for 25 Hours of Thunderhill

Hello All,

Since there are some die-hard racers with good attitudes and healthy passion for our motorsport here, I wanted to present this opportunity to the rennlist community.

Two seats are available to drive in this year's 25 Hours of Thunderhill, Dec. 1-2 in our proven Overall Race Winning, PorVette. (Thunderhill is about an hour and a half north of Sacramento and is an excellent 3 mi. track with 15 turns and some elevation change.)

2007 Western Endurance Racing Championship Wins (3 hour enduros):
Thunderhill -
1st in Class (ES)
2nd Overall

Willow Springs -
1st in Class (ES)
1st Overall

We had to retire with 20 minutes left at the October WERC race, due to an off and a crack in our differential case. We were 1st in class and 2nd overall at that time. Other than this case, we have had zero mechanical issues throughout this season of races and over 27 hours of track time. Needless to say we have already upgraded the rear end with a fully built, new transmission and differential.

We have a great car, a great professional crew and a great team.

A few race photos can be seen here: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2640341 . In addition, if you are interested, I will send a more detailedr summary sheet of our car and program.

We are making a competetive run at the 2007 25 Hours of Thunderhill and also are committed to enjoying ourselves in the process.

To discuss further or to join our winning team, experienced and funded drivers can contact me, Steven Rea, at Steven@ReaRealtyGroup.com or (310)913-0742

Thank you for your interest.
Old 11-10-2007, 06:31 PM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

Received 165 Likes on 64 Posts

What type of times did the car run at Thunderhill when it was here last?

Funded drivers only? Interested in driver help to win the 25hour race?

Love the car! Should be quick at T-hill.

By the way, the times at thunderhill 25hours, do they run the bypass or the hill?

Mk

Originally Posted by Steve Rea
Hello All,

Since there are some die-hard racers with good attitudes and healthy passion for our motorsport here, I wanted to present this opportunity to the rennlist community.

Two seats are available to drive in this year's 25 Hours of Thunderhill, Dec. 1-2 in our proven Overall Race Winning, PorVette. (Thunderhill is about an hour and a half north of Sacramento and is an excellent 3 mi. track with 15 turns and some elevation change.)

2007 Western Endurance Racing Championship Wins (3 hour enduros):
Thunderhill -
1st in Class (ES)
2nd Overall

Willow Springs -
1st in Class (ES)
1st Overall

We had to retire with 20 minutes left at the October WERC race, due to an off and a crack in our differential case. We were 1st in class and 2nd overall at that time. Other than this case, we have had zero mechanical issues throughout this season of races and over 27 hours of track time. Needless to say we have already upgraded the rear end with a fully built, new transmission and differential.

We have a great car, a great professional crew and a great team.

A few race photos can be seen here: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2640341 . In addition, if you are interested, I will send a more detailedr summary sheet of our car and program.

We are making a competetive run at the 2007 25 Hours of Thunderhill and also are committed to enjoying ourselves in the process.

To discuss further or to join our winning team, experienced and funded drivers can contact me, Steven Rea, at Steven@ReaRealtyGroup.com or (310)913-0742

Thank you for your interest.
Old 11-10-2007, 08:47 PM
MarkPcar
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Did this car run the 25 last year?

Yes, we run the bypass. Last year the GT3 Cup that won was running mostly sub 2:00. Except when Stanton was driving early in the race, he did some sub 1:50 laps.

See you there in the Pacific Power Motorsports 993.
Old 11-10-2007, 08:50 PM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

sub 1:50 laps in a cup car? (not Speed GT cup car?)
thats pretty fast, even with the bypass

mk

Originally Posted by MarkPcar
Did this car run the 25 last year?

Yes, we run the bypass. Last year the GT3 Cup that won was running mostly sub 2:00. Except when Stanton was driving early in the race, he did some sub 1:50 laps.

See you there in the Pacific Power Motorsports 993.
Old 11-10-2007, 09:04 PM
MarkPcar
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

I'm pretty sure it was a regular Cup, but who knows for sure. Craig Stanton is, well Craig Stanton. Other drivers were within the quick but reasonable Cup speeds with the bypass.
Old 11-10-2007, 09:06 PM
MarkPcar
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Here are the race results. Note the fast lap was in lap 3 - tires warm and not lapping traffic yet. http://www.mylaps.com/results/newResults.jsp?id=456381
Old 11-11-2007, 06:29 AM
Steve Rea
Advanced

Very cool, I saw your 993 and team on the entry list and look forward to running together. It's going to be a huge field with a wide variety or race cars.

Last year's Gt3, in my understanding, was a car and team that was testing before they ran that very car at the 24 of Daytona. One of our POC racers, Kevin Roush, ran with that team at Daytona. They were crazy fast at Thunderhill, from the results.

We were not there last year, but did win our class (Super Unlimited) and 2nd Overall earlier this year there. We were very pleased with this, considering that we had just started to tune the chassis and still had the original Porsche 944 turbo brake master cylinder (made for a booster), and the 944 stock uprights with large amounts of pad knockback as well. In addition our spring rates were not balanced at all, with a significant oversteer present. Even so, with the set-up we had, we would have surely been in the 1:50's with a little more time.

Now we have a 3 pedal tilton pedal assembly, plus the 996 GT3-R front uprights (stiffer), and are experiencing a wonderfully firm and consistent brake pedal with no knock back. In addition, we have been testing with Doug Baron and have established a very nice balance on the spring rates and sway bars. So conservatively we should be solidly in the 1:50's.

History shows over the last few years (Lost and Spaced showed it!) that if you can run around the 2:00/lap mark as a fast time, but run without any significant problems (driver or mechanical) you are poised for an Overall Podium finish. So here's to reliability and conscious drivers!
Old 11-11-2007, 06:33 AM
Steve Rea
Advanced

Originally Posted by mark kibort
What type of times did the car run at Thunderhill when it was here last?

Funded drivers only? Interested in driver help to win the 25hour race?

Love the car! Should be quick at T-hill.

By the way, the times at thunderhill 25hours, do they run the bypass or the hill?

Mk
ps - We have many pro drivers and instructors who would love to run with us, however we are not a multi-million dollar pro team, so can't afford to sponsor such racers (as much as I would really love to!). The car will be fully prepped with a new, forged engine (Z06 style with 400+hp), new fully built with top of the line internals transmission and differential, all new bearings, etc...so we are serious racers and prepping to make a solid run at this race, but do need drivers with both good attitudes, skill and funding. If you can bring a tire deal to the table, then you could run for free.

Thanks for your interest...it should be a blast and a great race!
Old 11-11-2007, 12:39 PM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

Hey, no one understands the grassroots effort better than me!
(91 race days on a single chassis, no dnfs, same engine sitting as it was assembled in the porsche plant 21 years ago, no purchased tires )

The only tire deal i could bring to the table would be the "SpeedGT garbage can RA1 deal" ive been sponsored by over the last 6 years!
(But if I used them, for 24hours, i wouldnt have a season next year, as I think you could use 1 set every 4 to 6 hours at 1:58-2:00 laps)

I wish i could do it. The car would be very similar to my 928 i imagine, but faster!

Choosing good drivers is one thing, but you need to choose the driver that can run fast, be good in traffic and keep the car on track. a tire deal or sharing costs of the car, goes out the window for the entire team, if an avoidable mishap happens.

Best of luck!

Mk

ps - We have many pro drivers and instructors who would love to run with us, however we are not a multi-million dollar pro team, so can't afford to sponsor such racers (as much as I would really love to!). The car will be fully prepped with a new, forged engine (Z06 style with 400+hp), new fully built with top of the line internals transmission and differential, all new bearings, etc...so we are serious racers and prepping to make a solid run at this race, but do need drivers with both good attitudes, skill and funding. If you can bring a tire deal to the table, then you could run for free.

Thanks for your interest...it should be a blast and a great race!
Old 11-11-2007, 04:23 PM
schwank
Herr Unmöglich
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

OT, but Mark you avatar is HOT! Nice shot!
Old 11-22-2007, 12:08 PM
Steve Rea
Advanced

Some drivers are waivering on the fence, so we still have 2 seats available if you want to get into what will surely be a great, fun race in a competetive car.

For drivers with good experience and the right attitudes for this kind of endurance race, we'll work with you on the price.

Thanks for the interest so far.

Steve
Old 11-24-2007, 01:09 PM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

what if i bring my own tires??

mk

Some drivers are waivering on the fence, so we still have 2 seats available if you want to get into what will surely be a great, fun race in a competetive car.

For drivers with good experience and the right attitudes for this kind of endurance race, we'll work with you on the price.

Thanks for the interest so far.

Steve
Old 11-24-2007, 01:21 PM
Steve Rea
Advanced

Thanks for the offer, but we already have the Daytona Prototype slicks ordered and on the way. So we're set for tires, which includes rains also.

There are about 4-6 drivers sitting on the fence now for the last 2 spots, so if you can bring some funding to the team, we can talk and I'll be willing to be flexible.

It's going to be a great race and weather looks sunny as of now (per weathe.com).

Cheers...

steve

Quick Reply: 2 seats available in Overall Race winner, for 25 Hours of Thunderhill