Sponsored by:

Fuji F1

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2007, 11:36 PM
BC
Rennlist Member

Received 82 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by Ray S
If there was any question about how the McLaren team feels about Alonso it was certainly clear in the final moments of Q3.

The pit crew was jumping for joy when Hamilton knocked Alonso out of the top spot.

An interesting reaction for sure.

+1 Totally Evident from what was shown. It was more the absence of something else than the presence of them cheering.
Old 09-29-2007, 11:54 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If there was any question about how the McLaren team feels about Alonso it was certainly clear in the final moments of Q3.

The pit crew was jumping for joy when Hamilton knocked Alonso out of the top spot.

An interesting reaction for sure.
Not really my boy, they have been doing that all year , go back and watch the tapes, Indy , Silverstone and now Japan , not sure about hungary due to you know what , it has been like this for the WC all year .

Not to worry , Hams car has less fuel , so he should be good in the first stint , we will see if Mclaren gives Alonso a miss step....if not stint 2 wil be interesting ...
Old 09-30-2007, 03:40 AM
PTurbo965
Team Owner

Received 1,654 Likes on 1,060 Posts

That "race" was a joke.

Either have a race, cancel it, or hold it later. What the FIA did here was lame.
Old 09-30-2007, 03:45 AM
Ray S
Ironman 140.6
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I thought that was one of the most exciting races of the season. Actual passing, tons of position changes, and a true exhibition of the drivers skill in VERY difficult conditions.

However, Ferrari looked like a pack of amateurs at the start (what were they thinking starting on inters). Kimi from third, to last, all the way back to third again.

Finally the Masa fight with Kubica was very exciting!!
Old 09-30-2007, 03:53 AM
PTurbo965
Team Owner

Received 1,654 Likes on 1,060 Posts

Well, those were difficult conditions.

It didn't bother you that they started the race behind the safety car? How many laps was the car deployed?

I don't know. The whole thing seemed lame.
Old 09-30-2007, 04:28 AM
pole position
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by A.Wayne
Not really my boy, they have been doing that all year , go back and watch the tapes, Indy , Silverstone and now Japan , not sure about hungary due to you know what , it has been like this for the WC all year .

Not to worry , Hams car has less fuel , so he should be good in the first stint , we will see if Mclaren gives Alonso a miss step....if not stint 2 wil be interesting ...
lol, your "best driver in F1" is running out of conspiracy excuses...............it is almost certain that he got handled like a red headed stepchild by a freaking green rookie this season, your boy needs a lot of luck to pull it out , no matter how much you keep sucking on his hairy n*ts.

I expect you to be on suicide watch after Interlagos.

BTW, who had less fuel ? LOL.
Old 09-30-2007, 08:11 AM
trumperZ06
Burning Brakes

The rookie showed well against Alsono, the two time World Champion, in the rain no less...

and Hamilton has probably cinched the WDC this year.

A truly Remarkable achivement which must be satisfying to Ron Dennis and Team McLaren.
Old 09-30-2007, 10:56 AM
carreracup21
Three Wheelin'

I think Hamilton put on quite a performance. In retrospect it might have been smarter for him to wait till after the season to negotiate his contract. Probably could have received more with the WDC clinched. Then again he just made a deal for more money than most drivers will ever see in their entire careers.

Tough break for Kimi with the wet tire issue. I would have liked seeing him contend up front a bit more.
Massa had an exciting battle there at the end.

Alonso's chances seem much more remote at this point. Would have been nice if the cameras could have caught exactly what happened when he went into the wall. I imagine conditions were not the greatest for the camera crews. I can't say I am sorry to see him lose though, given his turncoat antics against his team. I just don't buy it that he was treated unfairly, and even if he was, he would have been better off just keeping his mouth shut and moving on after the season was over.

Wonder if Vettl will be feeling any pressure now. Bad mistake there. No hiding of emotions with the pit crew either. What a tragedy for that team.
Old 09-30-2007, 11:24 AM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 180 Likes on 127 Posts

Enjoyed the race...there was actual racing and passing. this race showed those that can and can't control a car and the rookie drove brilliantly!

I can't wait till traction control is gone next year!
Old 09-30-2007, 11:36 AM
MetalSolid
Addict
Rennlist Member

Excellent race! The battle for 4th was - wow! Hamilton is a machine, and worth more than $22m a year!
Old 09-30-2007, 12:36 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by pole position
lol, your "best driver in F1" is running out of conspiracy excuses...............it is almost certain that he got handled like a red headed stepchild by a freaking green rookie this season, your boy needs a lot of luck to pull it out , no matter how much you keep sucking on his hairy n*ts.

I expect you to be on suicide watch after Interlagos.

BTW, who had less fuel ? LOL.
I see your technical input is as astute as ever.
Take your medication pole , as My boy , handed it to your boy 2 years straight

In case you missed it , i guess it was an accidental miscalculation on Mclaren part to pit Alonso so he comes out behind 6 cars , while Ham comes out in front of them , if Alonso had pitted 1 lap later there would have been no traffic and ham pitting on the next lap would have had the same , placing the 2 cars back to their 1-2 position as in the first stint, this is why i said stint 2 would be interesting as i suspected Mclaren would have tried this. In the end Alonso did not finish so it does not matter , but it did not help where mclare nhad sent him back out in traffic. But your focus seems to be more me than the race, i can forward a pic of that hairy sac to satisfy your fantasy , you numb Nut....

Regardless Ham had a fantastic drive , in what can be described at best , an rediculous race , where luck topped skill and if certain drivers luck had been differently A Toro Rosso could have won this race...
The Last 10 mins with Kimi was the only real racing and his pass was off the chart clean calculated and well executed.... in the end it was stupid with the real performance being deliverd by the safety car , THe safety car was really hauling **** in the wet conditions Kudos to the driver .....

Last edited by A.Wayne; 09-30-2007 at 01:04 PM.
Old 09-30-2007, 12:52 PM
Ray S
Ironman 140.6
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by A.Wayne
In case you missed it , i guess it was an accidental miscalculation on Mclaren part to pit Alonso so he comes out behind 6 cars , while Ham comes out in front of them , if Alonso had pitted 1 lap later there would have been no traffic and ham pitting on the next lap would have had the same , placing the 2 cars back to their 1-2 position as in the first stint, this is why i said stint 2 would be interesting as i suspected Mclaren would have tried this.
Come on Wayne, did you miss the part where Alo screwed up his out lap (this played a huge part in him not ending up behind Ham after the stop)? Did you see how much fuel they put into his car (Maybe, just maybe they brought him in to actually put needed fuel into his car, rather than stategically mess him up)

When will you stop only seeing the "best" in Alo and the "worst" in other top contenders? Alo is a good driver, but he was not that good at Fuji.

Several drivers put on absolutely brilliant drives in Fuji, but Alo was not among them IMHO.
Old 09-30-2007, 12:56 PM
Ray S
Ironman 140.6
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by PTurbo965
Well, those were difficult conditions.

It didn't bother you that they started the race behind the safety car? How many laps was the car deployed?

I don't know. The whole thing seemed lame.

I would have prefered to see a traditional start. However, the race after the safety car pulled off was pure excitement.

I wish F1 races had that much passing and excitement in the dry. It was a great race to watch and it really showed the drivers skills.
Old 09-30-2007, 01:00 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Come on Wayne, did you miss the part where Alo screwed up his out lap (this played a huge part in him not ending up behind Ham after the stop)? Did you see how much fuel they put into his car (Maybe, just maybe they brought him in to actually put needed fuel into his car, rather than stategically mess him up)

When will you stop only seeing the "best" in Alo and the "worst" in other top contenders? Alo is a good driver, but he was not that good at Fuji.

Several drivers put on absolutely brilliant drives in Fuji, but Alo was not among them IMHO.

When was that ray , he came in 2 seconds behind Ham and exited the pits behind 5-6 cars , you wanted him to pass them all on his out lap , where ham exited the pits in front of them , putting him 10-15 seconds ahead after his pit stop, but i guess you see what you want to see....
I saw what took place it is not my opinion , ham exited in front of traffic Alonso exited behind them A fact ,not my opinion , Alot of drivers Where LUcky , VERY lucky , some not
many went off many times , So focus on the details instead of Alonso ...and if you stop taking me out of context you would see where i said it did not matter in the end ..

Let me know where to mail your bottle bottle ... pre -emptive delivery

Last edited by A.Wayne; 09-30-2007 at 01:22 PM.
Old 09-30-2007, 01:16 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Default FIA to back up emails with printed notices

By Jonathan Noble Sunday, September 30th 2007, 13:35 GMT

All email correspondence sent by the FIA to the Formula One teams will be backed up in the future by written confirmation as well, the governing body announced.

After Ferrari failed to receive before today's Japanese Grand Prix an email from the race stewards instructing all teams to fit extreme weather tyres on their cars before the race, the stewards discussed the matter late into the evening at Fuji.

A statement from the race stewards cited the 2007 Formula One Sporting Regulations, stating that "in exceptional circumstances Stewards or Race Director may give instructions to Competitors by means of special circulars in accordance with the Code and these circulars will be distributed to all competitors who must acknowledge receipt.

"At a meeting of the Formula One Sporting Working Group held in Monaco on 7th December 2006, all teams agreed to an electronic distribution system to ensure that all competitors received communications simultaneously, with no time advantage for a team by virtue of their location in the pitlane. This system has been used throughout the current championship year.

"To avoid any recurrence of today's problem, the agreed method of using electronic communications will continue to be used but in the future will be backed up by the traditional method of written confirmation."

Quick Reply: Fuji F1