Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Great weekend at VIR....thanks to Potomac PCA! **UPDATE...VIDEO POSTED**

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2007 | 03:42 PM
BrianKeithSmith
Addict
Rennlist Member

Oh yeah, everything's cool and I'm fine. I sent you a PM back.

Nothing so far that can't be fixed. It just may not be "pretty" for a while... It may be Red with primer on it at the next event (if I make it back in '07).
Old 09-10-2007 | 03:44 PM
GT3 Nut
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Chris L.
Overall it was a great weekend. I hate it for my friend Brian Keith Smith. In fact what I REALLY hate is for those who have had their feelings hurt on this board by his comments in the past retaliate by stating " he got what he deserved" as one person did! I was not present but another good friend of his was and did the right thing by calling the guy on it.

We all take risks out there and if the person who said that happens to read this remember that you are no different. You take risks with your life and your car each and every time you go out on the track. If you feel that it is a good thing to wish someone bad luck while out there I care not to run with you. . . or for that matter to even associate with you.

There is NO room for that attitude at the track period!

Good luck getting her fixed BKS.

+1

I heard that a BIG headed woman driver said the same thing about Brian and the guy she said it to also called her out on it. It is a sad day when people make comments like that. I have heard that some said the same/similar things about me when I wrecked a few years ago. The next event one guy who made those comments went to wrecked BIG time. Watch what you say - or think for that matter - it could be you next time. No one is perfect and we all make mistakes out there - some just get off easier some times. You don't have to be best friends with everyone out there, but you should show respect for everyone out there. Sometimes people make comments like that because they feel insecure about the fact some are faster than they are. When someone wrecks they try and make themselves feel better by making remarks like "he got what he deserved" or "that's what he gets", etc.
Old 09-10-2007 | 03:54 PM
forklift
Rennlist Member

+ 2
I wish I would have been there when she (whoever she is) said it because she would have gotten an earful from me.
Old 09-10-2007 | 03:55 PM
forklift
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by GT3 Nut
I am glad you had good lap times - you rock in that car.

You never hold anyone up - you are always quick with the point bys to faster cars (even though it is probably the horsepower and not the skill that makes them faster) as far as I have noticed. It is usually the guys in higher horsepower cars that are not very good drivers that hold up the faster guys - this time it was mainly a 996 turbo and a 996 GT3 MK1 with blue and red stripes. (I hope they aren't Rennlist guys )

Thanks Matt!
Old 09-10-2007 | 03:56 PM
forklift
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by BrianKeithSmith
Once I came out of Oak Tree - this is no lie - I look up ahead and half way down the back straight (its 4000 ft long for those of you who don't know), and Jimbo already had his arm out the window for me...

I was laughin my head off...

That was funny, but not the first time it has happened.
Old 09-10-2007 | 03:58 PM
forklift
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Chris L.
Now I would like to say thank you to Jim Evans for his help this weekend. I have enjoyed all the assistance he has given to me in the past with regards to set up. It is obvious from his times/video that the guy is good behind the wheel.

Thanks again and please tell your friend (whose name slips me at the moment) thanks again for the dinner.

Looking forward to seeing everyone again soon.
Hey Chris,

Thanks and you are very welcome, glad I could help and hopefully didn't confuse the situation. Since yours are triples they are a bigger rubik's cube than I have.
Old 09-10-2007 | 04:13 PM
Carrera51
Rennlist Member

I was working at the CDOC store and happened to be at the consessions stand when BKS had his off. It was a big hit and I was glad when i heard he was OK because the way the car was positioned when I came to rest made it difficult to see if any movement on his part in the cockpit. All I can say is he is fast as heck.
Old 09-10-2007 | 04:25 PM
BrianKeithSmith
Addict
Rennlist Member

Well, I'll chime in on the comment that was made. If the individual truly made that comment, which I have no reason to believe that the person who told me about it lied about the whole thing, then they've got their opinion, and I'm cool with that. I only wish they had said it to me directly. That would have been the classy thing to do.

If an individual were to say something similar about a friend of mine, or even an acquaintance that I know well, I would certainly stand up, as you guys have, and fire right back with a pretty good wrath.

End of discussion on that particular subject as far as I'm concerned. If my wreck makes their day - to me that says enough about them... and why should the rest of us waste our time with 'em...
Old 09-10-2007 | 04:39 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by forklift
Great to see everyone and meeting Dell.
Great having a chance to put a face with a name. See you again soon at VIR. BTW, thanks for getting Chris moved up so we could run together. We had some AWESOME sessions together on Saturday and then 1 on Sunday morning.

It is usually the guys in higher horsepower cars that are not very good drivers that hold up the faster guys - this time it was mainly a 996 turbo and a 996 GT3 MK1 with blue and red stripes. (I hope they aren't Rennlist guys )
I don't think they are. FYI...they were paddocked right next to me so I actually got a chance to meet them. There was one session where Chris and I passed that silver MkI GT3 twice!

Dell, I guess if you turned a 2:10 in those conditions you will probably be in the 2:08's or 2:09's next time out! Just line up behind Brian and play chase the rabbit. Or if I have my RS out next time we can play
Actually it was a 209.9 It was about the 7th lap in on the Sunday morning 1st session. Chris and I were pretty much lapping the field and have no idea what got into us but we were movin! I'll post a video for that lap when I get home tonight. I hate to think how much quicker it would have been had a 944 that I came up on in the braking zone at the end of the back straight instead been a pass on the back straight. We had to wait to pass on the short straight b/t roller coaster and hogpen. What's funny about that lap is that I watched ALL my video last night and it was the ONLY lap I saw that I actually moved my arm up out of the way so I could see the tracqmate screen. Something told me that was a good lap. Just happened to hit all my marks on a single lap. Glad I got it on video
Old 09-10-2007 | 05:26 PM
smlporsche
Drifting

Originally Posted by LVDell
Most all the incidents were 2 and 4 offs. There were a few armco introductions and some tire walls that wish they weren't where they were

No injuries though. Only 1 of the serious impacts resulted in a totaled car (IMHO).

You going to the FSR event?

Boy, I got to work for a few hours and all hell breaks loose!

Yeah, I'll be at the FSR event. Hopefully the weather will be a little more cooperative.

BKS - Sorry man about your car. If you can't get it fixed by the next event I'll let you drive my MOMENTUM car but if you break 2:17 I'll be really pissed!
Old 09-10-2007 | 05:27 PM
smlporsche
Drifting

Originally Posted by BostonDMD
A bit surprised to hear about the large number of incidents .....

Is the track that difficult, or was it spilled fluids ?....

I hope to do an event at VIR in the near future......
Boston- You NEED to do VIR soon. It is one of the best tracks on the east coast. Plus then we'll have 2 paisans onthe same track!

Also, Congrats on being indoctrinated into the HWFM fraternity. That was a funny thread!
Old 09-10-2007 | 05:28 PM
BrianKeithSmith
Addict
Rennlist Member

My wife and I have a rule that forbids me from driving anyone's car except my own

I'd probably be lucky to break 2:45 in a non-turbo... so you are in no danger of being pissed
Old 09-10-2007 | 06:29 PM
dholling13
Burning Brakes

My wife and I were at the Glen 3 months ago and an instructor wrecked another friend's car going into the laces. My wife looks at me and said, "Who would you let drive your car?" I answered without hesitation; BKS. After the incident, I contemplated lending my car to Brian; but I thought it was best not to offer up a G50 five speed turbo with ABS. So today he's still married .
Old 09-10-2007 | 06:40 PM
smlporsche
Drifting

Yeah maybe that's the smart thing to do.
I see the guy I bought my car from all the time and he is constantly asking me to drive it again since I made all the modifications but I think I'll just continue to change the subject....
Old 09-10-2007 | 06:44 PM
George from MD
Drifting

Thanks Dave- it's really nice to hear that.

For what it's worth Potomac prides itself on giving- and receiving- quick pass signals. (well there is one person I won't name...) and it doesn't sound like those cars were from our region...

BKS sorry I don't know you, sorry you had the shunt and glad you're OK...I was kidding some friends while they were dragging away the remains and said well that's a pretty car- he's not gonna need those seats for a while and those are nice wheels...they chided me: "how can you say that?".

So walking away I stated "this sh*ts too dangerous I'm getting a sailboat" and another individual I won't name name (initials are KJ) quickly said "what're you doing with your wheels?"

Quick Reply: Great weekend at VIR....thanks to Potomac PCA! **UPDATE...VIDEO POSTED**