Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who's going to the Lonestar region Sep 15 DE at TWS?

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2007 | 03:56 PM
boze_man
Pro

#390...red 964
Old 09-13-2007 | 05:25 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by boze_man
TIHSON?
Yes.

Eugene...LMAO!
Old 09-13-2007 | 08:43 PM
weneversleep
Racer

I just found out that even though when I registered for the event, garages were still available, and I chose to get one AND I paid for it, just like always...

I don't have a garage (yet). Apparently LSRPCA has changed their policy for garage assignment: LSRPCA members, PCA members, then non-members in timestamp registration order.

This really sucks. Even though I don't think it's ethically correct, I'm tempted to "become a PCA member" with someone else's VIN, just so that I can be guaranteed a garage when I register. (I wouldn't really do such a thing, but still...)

I don't think this is a very fair policy. Since BMWCCA members can register early, just as PCA members can, we should have as much of a shot at getting a garage as anyone else.

--michael
Old 09-13-2007 | 08:51 PM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by weneversleep
I just found out that even though when I registered for the event, garages were still available, and I chose to get one AND I paid for it, just like always...

I don't have a garage (yet). Apparently LSRPCA has changed their policy for garage assignment: LSRPCA members, PCA members, then non-members in timestamp registration order.

This really sucks. Even though I don't think it's ethically correct, I'm tempted to "become a PCA member" with someone else's VIN, just so that I can be guaranteed a garage when I register. (I wouldn't really do such a thing, but still...)

I don't think this is a very fair policy. Since BMWCCA members can register early, just as PCA members can, we should have as much of a shot at getting a garage as anyone else.

--michael

Well you could start by getting a car with the engine in the back where it belongs.

For the June DE, I (LSRPCA member) signed up the very first day it registration was open. There were maybe 10 people MAX signed up in front of me, and I didn't get a garage. Not sure what that is about, but I just went out and bought a Quik Shade Weekender, dropped by TWS on Friday & set it up (and payed the $15 ransom to enter TWS on Friday grrr). It worked out great, as I had something to shade my car and me to keep from getting too hot. Garage is better of course... I'm pretty sure instructors get first dibs on garages (as they should). That takes a fair amount of garage spaces out of action.
Old 09-13-2007 | 09:54 PM
TR6
Drifting

I was also told that they typically have people already on the advance list for garages before registration even opens that may have cancelled a previous DE and just let their money ride rather than getting a refund.
Old 09-13-2007 | 10:46 PM
deep_uv
RIP

Originally Posted by mglobe
Well you could start by getting a car with the engine in the back where it belongs.

For the June DE, I (LSRPCA member) signed up the very first day it registration was open. There were maybe 10 people MAX signed up in front of me, and I didn't get a garage. Not sure what that is about, but I just went out and bought a Quik Shade Weekender, dropped by TWS on Friday & set it up (and payed the $15 ransom to enter TWS on Friday grrr). It worked out great, as I had something to shade my car and me to keep from getting too hot. Garage is better of course... I'm pretty sure instructors get first dibs on garages (as they should). That takes a fair amount of garage spaces out of action.
I signed up for one earlier this year, maybe 10 minutes after registration opened and didn't get a garage. I'm a PCA member but from HCR, not LSR, so I suppose that puts me further down the list.

No big deal, after using my pop up, I don't think I'll ever sign up for a garage again and will just keep that $50 in my pocket each time. The tent works fine to keep me out of the sun and the breeze is better.
Old 09-14-2007 | 12:37 AM
weneversleep
Racer

Fair enough. I have to keep saving my pennies though...

All good points. I was a little heated when I got the e-mail that I didn't have a garage, and now that I've cooled down (and gotten home from a wine tasting!), maybe it's time to buy the easy-up that I've always told myself that I should get...
Old 09-14-2007 | 09:27 AM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

I wish I could offer some guidance here regarding garages. Yes, instructors get them, although we are sardined 3 cars into 2 garage spaces. If we want to no tbe sardined, we also have to pay, but we do get priority.
Old 09-14-2007 | 09:39 AM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
I am a tall ectomorphic sort of guy.....
Originally Posted by eclou
I'm getting a mental image of something between Marilyn Manson and Buffalo Bill, and it's creeping me out
More like Charles Manson and Mr. Bill.
Old 09-14-2007 | 09:52 AM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Haters. I am MAGNIFICENT, Eugene:

Last edited by Veloce Raptor; 02-20-2009 at 07:13 PM.
Old 09-14-2007 | 11:09 AM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
Haters. I am MAGNIFICENT, Eugene:
See what I mean??????
Old 09-14-2007 | 11:11 AM
trackjunky
Rennlist Member

What's all this business about garages? Hell, I DE'd for years in the Rocky Mountain Region and there were never ANY garages. Try standing out in the Colorado sun for 10 hours! You will be deep friend and crispy in the first 55 minutes.

We even had open track days between Christmas and New years without garages and without heaters. Save the $50 bucks. You'll need it to buy gas at the track
Old 09-14-2007 | 11:42 AM
eclou
Addict
Rennlist Member

AHHHHHHHH!!!!!
Old 09-14-2007 | 12:14 PM
weneversleep
Racer

Originally Posted by trackjunky
What's all this business about garages? Hell, I DE'd for years in the Rocky Mountain Region and there were never ANY garages. Try standing out in the Colorado sun for 10 hours! You will be deep friend and crispy in the first 55 minutes.

We even had open track days between Christmas and New years without garages and without heaters. Save the $50 bucks. You'll need it to buy gas at the track
Yeah, Bill, I used to autocross up in Colorado with SCCA. We stood out in the Colorado sun all day as well. I know how it is.

I'm getting over the need for a garage. I just really like having one--it makes the weekend more enjoyable, in my opinion. But, I'm going to buy an easy-up today, and I'm going to get over the "need" for a garage. You're right, the money can be used for other things... (considering I just spent >$8K on the M3 over the past month )

--michael
Old 09-14-2007 | 12:15 PM
weneversleep
Racer

Originally Posted by eclou

AHHHHHHHH!!!!!
Who is that, Marilyn Manson?

Quick Reply: Who's going to the Lonestar region Sep 15 DE at TWS?