Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who's going to the Lonestar region Sep 15 DE at TWS?

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2007 | 07:52 PM
jacksonrw
Three Wheelin'

i will try to get you a video of it....should we post it on my youtube account?????
Old 09-17-2007 | 08:02 PM
Electric Lizard
Pinecone Watchman
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by jacksonrw
Greg
you looked pale at lunch
I was just hungry! As for the video - whatever is most convenient for you, just let me know. Thanks.
Old 09-17-2007 | 08:20 PM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Electric Lizard
Yeah Mike, we're OK. Although I did have plenty of time to consider the consequences of taking a late pass on the front straight, then lifting into T2 after I'd early apexed (at least I kept the rear from coming around). I tore up several hundred yards of perfectly good dirt and weeds. Definitely a sphincter tightening moment! Lisa was behind me with the camera on so she caught a pretty good cloud of dust on tape.

Hmm, you may have the credentials to be a HWFMR member. That is if you weren't going too fast. We'll have to see what the video shows.
Old 09-17-2007 | 10:07 PM
boze_man
Pro

Originally Posted by deep_uv
I saw you out there in the weeds. I was riding with my instructor in my car in that session.

Funny, a few hours later, I was out there too. Drove off straight between 1 and 2. Took a bad line into T1 due to a pass and traffic and just couldn't get the car settled to brake enough, so I opted for the straight off instead of the sideways off. Had to dodge a few holes and ditches out there.

More exciting was the backwards off in T12 I had on Sunday, last session. Too fast, too late to turn in and I tried to force the car to apex, around it went. I tried to save it, but it was way ahead of me. I skidded backwards in the grass all the way from 12 to just short of the flag station at 13. I didn't think it would ever stop. The only damage was a major clench mark in the leather. I'll be cleaning dirt and grass out of my car for quite a long time.
steve...was good to finally meet you and your family this past weekend...see you in oct...

hope you car is ok
bill
Old 09-17-2007 | 10:10 PM
boze_man
Pro

Originally Posted by trackjunky
Since I sold my track car, I will be available (by appointment only) to test drove any vehicle that needs a "second opinion". This is the sacrifice that I will make for students.
hey bill...was hoping you would have tracked me down for a test drive...i would have gladly offered...maybe next time

later
bill
Old 09-17-2007 | 10:44 PM
deep_uv
RIP

Originally Posted by boze_man
steve...was good to finally meet you and your family this past weekend...see you in oct...

hope you car is ok
bill

Bill, Enjoyed meeting you too and hope to do many more DE's with you. Greg and I are doing the MSR DE the following weekend. Join us.

The car seems fine, just filthy inside and out much like the shorts I was wearing. I drove it home, no problems.

Steve
Old 09-17-2007 | 11:18 PM
trackjunky
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by boze_man
hey bill...was hoping you would have tracked me down for a test drive...i would have gladly offered...maybe next time

later
bill

My bad. I got caught up covering some students for other instructors and giving etiquette lessons to VR. I mean, when a guy strips to his underwear in a garage with mixed company you really need to step in and help out. Needless to say, some of the attractive young ladies at this event have been scarred for life!

Let's try to make plans to grab coffee some weekend. I saw someone else trailering a silver 930 back to The Woodlands as well. Any idea who that is?
Old 09-17-2007 | 11:25 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

My bad. I got caught up covering some students for other instructors and giving etiquette lessons to VR. I mean, when a guy strips to his underwear in a garage with mixed company you really need to step in and help out. Needless to say, some of the attractive young ladies at this event have been scarred for life!
Um....scarred? no....spoiled? yes.

I caught them looking. Several times.
Old 09-17-2007 | 11:46 PM
weneversleep
Racer

I saw someone else trailering a silver 930 back to The Woodlands as well. Any idea who that is?
That's probably JC. His car is usually out at Curt's. '79 930, Andial tuned.

I have a great video from this weekend of him spinning out of turn 2 right in front of me. He never left the track, did 3 360s, ended up straight, and kept on going. We both had a good laugh about it after the session. Great guy.

--michael
Old 09-17-2007 | 11:48 PM
weneversleep
Racer

Oh, and while we're thanking instructors...

Thanks VR again for going out with me, for taking me for a ride, and for the suspension tuning advice. Your pointers definitely made me faster, judging by corner entry and exit speeds, especially in the areas that we discussed. I've made notes, and get to work on things even more next weekend with Driver's Edge...

--michael
Old 09-17-2007 | 11:49 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

JC is a great guy. You need to post that video!

Glad that I was helpful, Michael. Next time we ride together, we will focus on other areas!
Old 09-17-2007 | 11:51 PM
eclou
Addict
Rennlist Member

it would scare anyone

Old 09-17-2007 | 11:56 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Throwing the Shocker! ROLMFAO

It's been a while since I heard that one. Good job.
Well...then there is the Spocker:

Last edited by Veloce Raptor; 02-20-2009 at 07:13 PM.
Old 09-18-2007 | 12:04 AM
boze_man
Pro

Let's try to make plans to grab coffee some weekend. I saw someone else trailering a silver 930 back to The Woodlands as well. Any idea who that is?
NO BAD, its all good...next time for the drive....i guess worth missin the drive if you caught some VR skin would think that would scar u for life...NO offense VR

kinda remember the silver 930 on the trailer...cant remeber who tho...let me think

coffee or something even stronger always good with me...later
Old 09-18-2007 | 12:13 AM
boze_man
Pro

Originally Posted by weneversleep
That's probably JC. His car is usually out at Curt's. '79 930, Andial tuned.

I have a great video from this weekend of him spinning out of turn 2 right in front of me. He never left the track, did 3 360s, ended up straight, and kept on going. We both had a good laugh about it after the session. Great guy.

--michael
sounds like we have half the yellow class in here??...nice to meet y'all this last weekend...hoping i didn't slow anyone down...

was my first weekend in yellow and boy is it fast, big variation in speed and experience, i felt like i was driving with one arm out the window the whole time pointing everyone by...a good group to be on track with

maybe some video of me gettin passed as well? i can remember pointing you by michael

Quick Reply: Who's going to the Lonestar region Sep 15 DE at TWS?