Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MAVPCA DE 9/22-9/23 MSR Cresson. Who's going?

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2007, 06:05 PM
TR6
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by David 23
I think a bunch of us should all show up the 7th for the 3.1 day. It might be more fun than the DE!
Yeah, just keep rubbing it in, David. I have to be out of town that weekend. Although, I could come back early on Sunday....
Old 10-03-2007, 11:54 AM
juddtaylor
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by td873
Well, on occassion, my line does. doh!

It's always good to see you at the track Judd. You just need to pony up the 10 bucks for a real number lol

Oh congrats on your first post! and welcome!

-tom
Ok, I went through my video, (which I may be able to post sometime later this week), and I can say with certainty that not going through the grass with worth a lot of time

I only had tape up to the first couple of laps on sunday, where I was going like hell to catch Colin (never got there...), and I ran a 2:38 there (but I also got stuck behind a 944 on that lap...). Most of my more "relaxed" laps were closer to 2:41's.

So, considering the terrible understeer I was dealing with, I'd say keeping out of the grass is apparently worth about 4-8 seconds

And BTW, by using el-cheapo walmart painter's tape, I save that tiny bit of weight over some fancy schmancy vinyl or magnetic numbers Plus, after a couple of runs you get to say "man! I ran the numbers off this thing!".

-Judd

Quick Reply: MAVPCA DE 9/22-9/23 MSR Cresson. Who's going?