cooleyjb
Documenter of Ineptitude
Rennlist Member

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Racing incident.

Protest on that = Whiny bitch move

If you are gonna protest contact like that don't race wheel to wheel. That was 2 people fighting for the corner. You can't drive the outside of a turn like that and not expect the guy who just went inside of you to not use all of trackout you can hope they won't but hope is not a strategy. He put his car in that spot knowing that you were driving the inside hard.
Old 06-02-2007, 04:22 PM
Geo
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by A.Wayne
I did not say you have to give it to him i said he had the lead to the corner , on exit he has to track out or concede the gas pedal works both ways for both of them if no room boom , if you take to the outside you assume this risk , as no pass is made without the co-operation of the driver being passed, and you are right it is not DE , if i was in the 928 and the honda tried that he would be dirt tracking......
If you give someone room to turn in, you can't just go running into them at track out. He has NOTHING to conceed at that point. In this case it was incumbent upon Mark not to make contact since Mr S2000 didn't dive down on him. What happened is Mark did not control his car sufficiently to not run into the guy. That is a lack of control (yes, this is racing, but I don't subscribe to "rubbin's racin'). If he could not make the corner with the guy outside his door he needed to back off.

Again, Mark let him in. Period. This guy owes Mark nothing. In fact, since Mark let him in, had this guy not tracked out and simply held Mark to a car width on the inside, that is his prerogotive. Sorry. He doesn't have to give Mark track-out anymore than Mark had to give the guy turn-in.

If I were on the outside and you punted me, we'd have way deeper than a friendly conversation and I WOULD protest.

This was a racing incident, but Mark did cause it IMHO, first by even letting the guy get into the corner and second by not controling his car enough on exit.
Old 06-02-2007, 04:22 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by cooleyjb
Racing incident.

Protest on that = Whiny bitch move

If you are gonna protest contact like that don't race wheel to wheel. That was 2 people fighting for the corner. You can't drive the outside of a turn like that and not expect the guy who just went inside of you to not use all of trackout you can hope they won't but hope is not a strategy. He put his car in that spot knowing that you were driving the inside hard.

+1

If i was in the S2000 , i would be expecting something for occuping the exit and i do believe mark in racing hard and trying made contact , not from a lost of control ... or deliberately trying to make contact ....that's a big heavy car ...
Old 06-02-2007, 04:23 PM
Geo
Race Director

Originally Posted by cooleyjb
You can't drive the outside of a turn like that and not expect the guy who just went inside of you to not use all of trackout you can hope they won't but hope is not a strategy. He put his car in that spot knowing that you were driving the inside hard.
BS. The SCCA GRC sides with the guy on the outside. He is entitled to racing room since Mark let him in. Simply punting someone because they occupy the real estate you want is a cheap move.
Old 06-02-2007, 04:25 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Geo
If you give someone room to turn in, you can't just go running into them at track out. He has NOTHING to conceed at that point. In this case it was incumbent upon Mark not to make contact since Mr S2000 didn't dive down on him. What happened is Mark did not control his car sufficiently to not run into the guy. That is a lack of control (yes, this is racing, but I don't subscribe to "rubbin's racin'). If he could not make the corner with the guy outside his door he needed to back off.

Again, Mark let him in. Period. This guy owes Mark nothing. In fact, since Mark let him in, had this guy not tracked out and simply held Mark to a car width on the inside, that is his prerogotive. Sorry. He doesn't have to give Mark track-out anymore than Mark had to give the guy turn-in.

If I were on the outside and you punted me, we'd have way deeper than a friendly conversation and I WOULD protest.

This was a racing incident, but Mark did cause it IMHO, first by even letting the guy get into the corner and second by not controling his car enough on exit.
GEo, if you thought that little incident , deserved a conversation afterwards , you are going to have a lot of conversations in racing ....... If Mark had really leaned on that dude on the exit , i guarentee he would not attempt that move again , if i was the s2000 drover , i would shake Marks hand , GOOD RACE MATE.......
Old 06-02-2007, 04:25 PM
Geo
Race Director

Originally Posted by garrett376
Opinions will vary by club... If you race with the POC, you would be at fault for that move and likely receive a 13/13 and be removed from the event.
"You" who?
Old 06-02-2007, 04:28 PM
garrett376
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 597 Likes on 459 Posts

Originally Posted by Geo
"You" who?
Sorry! The 928!
Old 06-02-2007, 04:29 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Hey,
Speed touring and GT races on Speed Now ,,,,, Geo you seem a bit worked up over this , you must be upset about something ...Else .... it was a minor racing incident and one to me that would have required no conversation afterwards , other than to say thanks and good racing ......
Old 06-02-2007, 04:44 PM
SundayDriver
Lifetime Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

No one was punted off - it was a minor side-to-side bump. Mark took the chance. He is obligated to give racing room, but what exactly does that mean. He gave a full car width less about 6 inches. Other car got bumped but did not spin, go four off or loose a position.

IMO, it was a very minor mistake by Mark and a crybaby move to protest if he did, in fact, run his best lap after the incident. If the guy expects to avoid minor bumps like that, he is in the wrong club - he should move to vintage or any other 13/13 group.
Old 06-02-2007, 04:46 PM
Geo
Race Director

GEo, if you thought that little incident , deserved a conversation afterwards , you are going to have a lot of conversations in racing
No biggie, but I'd probably have a small conversation. FWIW I've never had contact in a car so it's not like "rubbin's racin" out there.

....... If Mark had really leaned on that dude on the exit , i guarentee he would not attempt that move again , if i was the s2000 drover , i would shake Marks hand , GOOD RACE MATE.......
Leaning on the dude would be a BS move.
Old 06-02-2007, 04:47 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by SundayDriver
No one was punted off - it was a minor side-to-side bump. Mark took the chance. He is obligated to give racing room, but what exactly does that mean. He gave a full car width less about 6 inches. Other car got bumped but did not spin, go four off or loose a position.

IMO, it was a very minor mistake by Mark and a crybaby move to protest if he did, in fact, run his best lap after the incident. If the guy expects to avoid minor bumps like that, he is in the wrong club - he should move to vintage or any other 13/13 group.

+1
Old 06-02-2007, 04:49 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Geo
No biggie, but I'd probably have a small conversation. FWIW I've never had contact in a car so it's not like "rubbin's racin" out there.

Leaning on the dude would be a BS move.
Yes, so is protesting a bump , to gain a position off the track .....
Old 06-02-2007, 04:50 PM
Geo
Race Director

Originally Posted by SundayDriver

I agree. Not a big deal but Mark simply asked about fault. Very minor incident, but the "car width less about 6 inches" puts what little fault there is on Mark.
Old 06-02-2007, 04:51 PM
Geo
Race Director

Yes, so is protesting a bump , to gain a position off the track .....
I've already agreed with that.
Old 06-02-2007, 05:03 PM
paradisenb
Rennlist Member

Quick Reply: racing incident or someone at fault? List opinon