Sponsored by:

LRP club race

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2007, 07:59 AM
Van
Rennlist Member

Received 92 Likes on 62 Posts
Default LRP club race

Well, I just put some video on You Tube of the red checker group's enduro race from yesterday.

I'll apologize in advanced for the slightly fuzzy picture -- some condensation built up behind the camera lens from all the rain we had earlier in the day.

The video is also of all the hot laps from the 60 minute enduro (about 34 minutes) -- watch as much or as little as you like!

To my fellow racers, thank you for an enjoyable race!

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...50571338250672

Last edited by Van; 04-29-2007 at 12:13 AM.
Old 04-28-2007, 08:15 AM
Brian A.
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The video you have requested is not available.

Old 04-28-2007, 08:20 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Received 271 Likes on 165 Posts

Originally Posted by Brian A.
The video you have requested is not available.

Yep, terms of use violation..
Old 04-28-2007, 08:56 PM
RICHVIZZ951
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well How was It???
Old 04-28-2007, 09:01 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Don't have the time (wife insists I take her out NOW!) to go into details now and will leave that to the real racers but suffice it to say I had an absolute BLAST, was shown very quickly what I DON'T know, and did I mention I had a BLAST?

My goal was to finish and that I was able to do. 5th in G Sprint, 7th in G Enduro..

DE's are gonna be rough from now on... WGI Clash here I come!
Old 04-28-2007, 10:15 PM
38D
Nordschleife Master

Received 797 Likes on 404 Posts

Friday was rainy, but our enduro was dry. I started way back on the grid in 23rd. I got a decent start and worked my way up the field, eventually finishing in 6th overall, 4th in GTC1. Charlie Boyer (JUpeman) took the overall and GTC1 win. The traffic was insane, with GTC1 down with the slower cars like I. I think I did three laps in a rows of 3 wide down the hill. I also went agro at least twice...it was insane. Some people were just freaking clueless about watching their mirrors. I must have been chopped by lappers at least a dozen times, if not more. But it was still really fun.

Sprint race was also great. The top 6 cars were all GTC1 (Savenor, Scotto, Boyer, Noveck, Me, and Berlack). Polesitter Ron Savenor spun going into T1 on the first lap. I managed to get inside and move up to 3rd overall, while Al dropped back a few spots. About 10 laps in, Al finally tracked me down and made a good move inside move into Big Bend. I His late braking swung him a bit wide and I tried a repass move...but just couldn't make it stick. Al an I battled for basically the rest of the race. We sliced thru traffic (with some less aware than others...). Ronnie eventually caught me as well, pushing me down to 5th overall. So, I'm still learning the car, but had a great time. Charlie battled with Bob Scotto for most of the race, finishing just .7 secs back at the end. Really good stuff.

D winner was Ernie. E was Justin Draper followed by Mike P (Analog Man)

I am really having a great time in GTC1. Great class with some great drivers.
Old 04-28-2007, 11:10 PM
DrJupeman
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Which is the "official" LRP Race Thread? We have two...
Old 04-28-2007, 11:47 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 38D
The traffic was insane, with GTC1 down with the slower cars like I. I think I did three laps in a rows of 3 wide down the hill. I also went agro at least twice...it was insane. Some people were just freaking clueless about watching their mirrors. I must have been chopped by lappers at least a dozen times, if not more.
Let me add that while it was my 1st race I spent a LOT of time in my mirrors (to the detriment of my finish) because the Cup cars were there and I was quite aware of it. More than once I stayed behind a slower car in order to keep a safe lane open for Colin, Juper, et al while even I, in my infinite lack of newbie wisdom, knew I could have owned the corner. Just want to be sure that there is a distiction between "Some people were just freaking clueless" and those of us that were just a "little" clueless...
Old 04-29-2007, 12:13 AM
Van
Rennlist Member

Received 92 Likes on 62 Posts

It turns out my video was too long for You Tube, so I've put it on Google Video: http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...50571338250672
Old 04-29-2007, 07:40 AM
38D
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Gary R.
Let me add that while it was my 1st race I spent a LOT of time in my mirrors (to the detriment of my finish) because the Cup cars were there and I was quite aware of it. More than once I stayed behind a slower car in order to keep a safe lane open for Colin, Juper, et al while even I, in my infinite lack of newbie wisdom, knew I could have owned the corner. Just want to be sure that there is a distiction between "Some people were just freaking clueless" and those of us that were just a "little" clueless...
Gary, you were totally fine (my video didn't seem to work so no shot of us going 3 wide down the hill together). Anyway, it was some of the slower cars that would literally start to pinch down when you were completely beside them, as if they never even saw you make the pass. On the bright side, I think I got to do my first ever 3 wide outside pass thru the left hander...now that was fun .

Originally Posted by Van
It turns out my video was too long for You Tube, so I've put it on Google Video: http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...50571338250672
Nice to see my start. It was hard to stay patient with and not want to dive bomb ever corner.
Old 04-29-2007, 08:29 AM
Sean F
NASA Racer
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

You guys aren't doing it justice. The racing was awesome to watch. The start of the spring race was amazing with all those cup cars diving into turn 1 and Ron Savenor going off in a cloud of smoke. I don't know how everyone avoided him. Charlie and Bob Scotto were dicing back and forth in lapped traffic. The cups were really fun to watch in the sprint.

Colin was really moving through the field in the enduro. There were some really interesting moments with all the slower cars out there.
Old 04-29-2007, 09:22 AM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Sean, to say it was fun doesn't do it justice, that's for sure... you are gonna love it.
Old 04-29-2007, 09:27 AM
38D
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by 1957 356
You guys aren't doing it justice. The racing was awesome to watch. The start of the spring race was amazing with all those cup cars diving into turn 1 and Ron Savenor going off in a cloud of smoke. I don't know how everyone avoided him. Charlie and Bob Scotto were dicing back and forth in lapped traffic. The cups were really fun to watch in the sprint.

Colin was really moving through the field in the enduro. There were some really interesting moments with all the slower cars out there.
Yeah, starting from the back can be interesting. I wish I could have kept up with Bob & Charlie in the sprint, but I just had nothing for them. I was slowly migrating back each lap, and then the tires just got too hot and I was dunfer. By the time Al got up to me I had nothing left. Ron should have some decent video of me nearly losing it in Big Bend.

I can hardly wait for the Glen!
Old 04-29-2007, 09:48 AM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Van
Thanks Van, I put my camera battery in my truck to charge and in all the (my) confusion I left it there...

About 1/2 way through your video I heard a real familiar sound coming up behind you, was a brown 944 with tiger stripes that was the bane of my existence in the Enduro.. Smart driver (John?), between his ability and my not taking any chances we diced it for quite a few laps before I got by him.. then on the restart I was napping and back we were at it again! In the Sprint ANOTHER 944 (43?) held me off for 1/2 the race, got by him and a couple laps later came up the uphill and saw the flagger waving a blue flag, looked quick, no one there, crested the hill and WHOA nellie there is a white/blue 944 going about 45MPH.. Now i'm stuck as #43 is coming up fast on my right and I didn't want to cut him off.. like bees 2-3 944's and Stephan Grevious (G) go flying by me before I can get by him.

Wish I had a vid of the Sprint, that green 944 was driving the ***** off that car.. 1st in I.
Old 04-29-2007, 10:02 AM
DrJupeman
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by 1957 356
Here's a teaser of details to come:

Quick Reply: LRP club race