Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LRP club race

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2007, 10:43 AM
DrJupeman
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Sequence pics of the Green Sprint's soon to be famous start. Good job everybody for avoiding a pile-up!!

Old 04-29-2007, 10:49 AM
38D
Nordschleife Master

Received 797 Likes on 404 Posts

Nice to have my brief foray in 3rd caught on film
Old 04-29-2007, 10:50 AM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Received 271 Likes on 165 Posts

What's the saying?
I think it goes "You can't win a race in turn one but you sure can LOSE a race in turn one!"
Old 04-29-2007, 10:51 AM
DrJupeman
Rennlist Member

I did lead the race at one point!

Old 04-29-2007, 10:57 AM
Sean F
NASA Racer
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

It's funny, but the pictures don't really show how much tire smoke there was. It looked like a Nascar moment. I thought for sure someone would have plowed into him with all that smoke.

Charlie was that last picture when you got him on the inside and went wide and he re-passed you back on the inside in Big Bend? That was fun to watch.
Old 04-29-2007, 11:00 AM
DrJupeman
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 1957 356
It's funny, but the pictures don't really show how much tire smoke there was. It looked like a Nascar moment. I thought for sure someone would have plowed into him with all that smoke.

Charlie was that last picture when you got him on the inside and went wide and he re-passed you back on the inside in Big Bend? That was fun to watch.
Actually, I had passed him up the hill and he got me back at Big Bend. It was sloppy on my part to let him get by me again so easily. I did a much better holding Bob off during the first half of the enduro on Friday.
Old 04-29-2007, 11:04 AM
Food Angel
Off-Topic Admin
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

When I look at that sequence of photos, Len Berman's Spanning the World intro comes to mind.

"And nobody got hurt!"
Old 04-29-2007, 11:33 AM
DrJupeman
Rennlist Member

Chris Castagna driving his dad's car. This kid is awesome. I'm a fan.

Old 04-29-2007, 11:38 AM
fstockcarrera
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by DrJupeman
Actually, I had passed him up the hill and he got me back at Big Bend. It was sloppy on my part to let him get by me again so easily. I did a much better holding Bob off during the first half of the enduro on Friday.
Charlie nice race, The pass after the uphill when I got picked by 911 turtle was a gift. You had such a huge run I didn't have the heart to block the inside line where I had just come thru. I have some video but the racecam looks like crap compared to you 1080p cam. Thanks fot the amazing pics.

Bob
Old 04-29-2007, 12:01 PM
roketman
Rennlist Member

Received 221 Likes on 93 Posts

I have to admit ,I was praying!!! A HUGE COMPLIMENT and THANX TO ALL DRIVERS who avoided me in my lock up !!
From pole to last and back to 4th! Boy was I tired.The thumping from the left front was a bit annoying! 2 races starting from last.Did manage to get fastest lap in both races. Rather be up front than have good video!niice job to all.
Old 04-29-2007, 12:15 PM
DrJupeman
Rennlist Member

Pic of new rookie racer Brian Paulsen. With the price of these cars and their classing, I suspect we'll be seeing more Boxster race cars on the grid soon...

Old 04-29-2007, 12:32 PM
analogmike
Rennlist Member

Received 103 Likes on 43 Posts

Thanks for posting those shots, that start was crazy... All I saw was smoke till I was within a few car lengths of Ron... so I went into the smoke SLOWLY and you can see 3 E cars got by me on the inside. Got back by 2 of them on the same lap in the downhill when one spun. Then had a great race catching up to and passing Justin Draper, who repassed me after a while. We both had problems getting stuck behind the slower but more powerful C and D cars (996 and bloxter) and we ran out of laps just after Justin got the 996 and I was alongside the 996 at the checker. It's really funny how, with all the craziness of the race, the top 10 were pretty much in qualifying position except for a little shuffling and I ended up just where I started...

Got to hang with Charlie and Colin a bit, they did great, keeping up with Scotto, Ronny, etc who basically call LRP their home, is an amazing feat! GTC1 would be a great class but they are not making them anymore... if the PCA could agree on allowing you to build a cup car out of a street car and specify what parts you need to install it would solve that problem.

Great event, thanks to all the workers, and friendly people who stopped by.
Old 04-29-2007, 02:59 PM
bauerjab
Burning Brakes

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Great series of pictures. As you can see my from my avator, I am car 34 - THE ONE PARKED BEHIND SAVENOR - as the field went buy. I couldn't see a thing and when the smoke cleared, Savenor is dead center and everone is saying "seeya."

Mike, thanks for helping on the electronics. There was a compartment for the two inputs that we couldn't find... go Figure.

All in all, a suprisingly great weekend at LRP, including the enduro. Does anyone know what happened to the cup car that lost it on the downhill and stuffed their nose into the tire wall?

John
Old 04-29-2007, 04:48 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Received 271 Likes on 165 Posts

It was John G. who appeared shaken up but unhurt, the car was new with only 300KM on it and will need a whole new front clip at the very least. My guess is a whole new tub.
Old 04-29-2007, 06:30 PM
JasonAndreas
Technical Guru
Rennlist Member

Received 112 Likes on 90 Posts

The ride side of the front end up to the firewall pretty much no longer exists and the left side was squished like it had hit a telephone pole. I was standing in big bend and didn't see the accident but when I saw the damage I thought he had taken out one of the fence posts. Its great to hear that he is okay, the damage looked pretty bad.

Last edited by JasonAndreas; 05-01-2007 at 03:54 AM.

Quick Reply: LRP club race