cooleyjb
Documenter of Ineptitude
Rennlist Member

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by A.Wayne
Joe ,
What is more important , can you Bowl a googylee...
Please let's move on ......
There are other things to discuss , what about wing angle , or the fact they shut the engine down to 4 cylinders to reduce heat soak, Hey , how's dat

Bowling... When did we start into bowling... I was in a bowling league in grad school. Me, another student and 2 professors. Definitely an interesting site to see academics in a bowling league I bet.

An odd thing to have on the car to run a 4 cylinders but it finally paid off. Lucky for hamilton, even if he didn't get any points.

Screw wing angle, what about the name of the next wing someone is going to create after pulling the design from a Dr. Seuss book.
Old 08-05-2007, 12:30 AM
tchandler
Instructor

Fernando Alonso
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Alonso: Fernando Alonso Díaz (born on July 29, 1981 in Oviedo, Asturias, Spain) is a Spanish Formula One racing driver and a sniviling, winning little ******.One of the biggest Puzzys you'll ever meet.

Alonso demoted to sixth.

Someone at the pub needs to give this guy an attitiude adjustment. What a wus.
Old 08-05-2007, 01:15 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Default Alonso blames traffic for missing podium

By Pablo Elizalde Sunday, August 5th 2007, 14:01 GMT

Fernando Alonso behind Ralf Schumacher during the Hungarian GPFernando Alonso was satisfied with his fourth place at the Hungarian Grand Prix, and blamed traffic for missing out on a podium finish.

Alonso, who was demoted from pole position to sixth place on the grid following Saturday's qualifying incident, was stuck behind Toyota's Ralf Schumacher for several laps, losing a lot of time to the leaders.

Once in clean air, the McLaren driver was able to lap a lot faster, but eventually had to settle for fourth, right behind BMW Sauber's Nick Heidfeld.

"We knew it's very hard to overtake at this circuit," the Spaniard said after the race. "We know it's hard starting from behind, and we were dreaming about reaching the podium.

"We were close but it wasn't enough. But fourth place is not bad. I lost one point compared to the maximum that was possible for us.

"I spent the whole race with traffic, first with Ralf and then with Heidfeld and it was pretty hard to drive with someone in front."

The world champion, whose teammate Lewis Hamilton won the race, is now seven points behind the Briton, and he reckons Saturday's penalty robbed him of a possible victory.

"It's a lost opportunity because I think this weekend I was faster," Alonso added. "Yesterday I got pole and today when I was in clean air I was very fast, so I think I could have won, but it was not to be. In three weeks there's another race and I'll try again."

The Spaniard, however, reckons the title battle is still far from over.

"I think it's not going to be decided until the last race. I was two points behind and now I'm seven behind, but we were 14 behind a few races ago, so we are doing fine."
Old 08-05-2007, 02:00 PM
Ray S
Ironman 140.6
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

While I am not a huge Alonso fan (he often cries like a baby), he was screwed by the FIA in this decision.

I believe this was a team issue and should have been solved within the team.
Old 08-05-2007, 07:32 PM
MJSpeed
The Rebel
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 40 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Ray S
...Alonso...was screwed by the FIA in this decision.

+1
Old 08-05-2007, 08:09 PM
cooleyjb
Documenter of Ineptitude
Rennlist Member

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Originally Posted by Ray S
While I am not a huge Alonso fan (he often cries like a baby), he was screwed by the FIA in this decision.

It was a team issue until it physically spilled onto the track. Hamilton not listening to team orders was a team issue. Ron Dennis and Alonso changing there stories after the FIA had their radio transmissions and the physical blocking of another competitor made it something that FIA had a right to be involved in.

Had Ron Dennis on the radio flat out told Hamilton that his qualifying session was over and didn't change his tires, etc, instead of the hokey crap that did happen this would not have been an FIA issue.

Ron Dennis has come on to say after the decision and all the facts came to light that everybody on the team screwed up and that there will be repercussions because of what happened in Q3
Old 08-05-2007, 08:23 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by cooleyjb
It was a team issue until it physically spilled onto the track. Hamilton not listening to team orders was a team issue. Ron Dennis and Alonso changing there stories after the FIA had their radio transmissions and the physical blocking of another competitor made it something that FIA had a right to be involved in.

Had Ron Dennis on the radio flat out told Hamilton that his qualifying session was over and didn't change his tires, etc, instead of the hokey crap that did happen this would not have been an FIA issue.

Ron Dennis has come on to say after the decision and all the facts came to light that everybody on the team screwed up and that there will be repercussions because of what happened in Q3
No other competitors where blocked joe, hamilton wanted pole even if he had to steal it , it became an FIA issue because of Hamiltons whining , Ron tried to pacify the situation as best he could HAMILTON hung him out to dry .....with his comments
Old 08-05-2007, 08:32 PM
cooleyjb
Documenter of Ineptitude
Rennlist Member

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Hamilton a competitor was physically blocked by Alonso. It shouldn't matter if they are on the same team in the eyes of the stewards. As I said this could have been easily fixed by not even attempting to send Hamilton out for a final Q lap as punishment. However Alonso looks to have taken matters into his own hands juding by his radio transcripts.

Hamilton should be hammered pretty hard for this, but by Mclaren and not the F1 since his actions didn't physically manifest themselves on the track in the 'odd' way that Alonso's did.
Old 08-05-2007, 08:49 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by cooleyjb
Hamilton a competitor was physically blocked by Alonso. It shouldn't matter if they are on the same team in the eyes of the stewards. As I said this could have been easily fixed by not even attempting to send Hamilton out for a final Q lap as punishment. However Alonso looks to have taken matters into his own hands juding by his radio transcripts.

Hamilton should be hammered pretty hard for this, but by Mclaren and not the F1 since his actions didn't physically manifest themselves on the track in the 'odd' way that Alonso's did.
All alonso had to do was look down at his belt and pretend it was not right , kill 4-7 seconds and then move on , his lack of experience ,in such situations like lewis did him in ,
You can agree or dis-agree with alonso's tactic's,or justification thereof but in no way would i agree with lewis in the way he was willing to throw mclaren and ron dennis under the bus....
Old 08-05-2007, 08:53 PM
cooleyjb
Documenter of Ineptitude
Rennlist Member

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Originally Posted by A.Wayne
All alonso had to do was look down at his belt and pretend it was not right , kill 4-7 seconds and then move on , his lack of experience ,in such situations like lewis did him in ,
You can agree or dis-agree with alonso's tactic's,or justification thereof but in no way would i agree with lewis in the way he was willing to throw mclaren and ron dennis under the bus....

I think we agree on this. I don't agree with Hamilton hanging people out to dry with his non-comittal answers.

I also agree that there were other totally legal ways to deal with Alonso being the last Mclaren out on the track. Alonso got caught because of the age old saying, they always catch the retliation punch and never the first punch.
Old 08-05-2007, 10:09 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Default Q & A with Fernando Alonso

By Pablo Elizalde Sunday, August 5th 2007, 17:41 GMT

Q. Has the FIA been fair or unfair?

FA: They should know. If they have penalised me and the team they must have a reason. But I repeat what I said before: it's the first time that a rule has been created our of the blue, since there's nothing written in the regulations about the time you take to make a pitstop.

Now they'll have to watch all teams closely and whoever takes a bit longer to end the pitstop will have to be penalised.

Q. What have you learned from this?

FA: Nothing I didn't know. We all know what we have here.

Q. What has been more disappointing in this Grand Prix, your team, your teammate or the FIA stewards?

FA: Nothing has disappointed me. You come here wanting to make up ground, you get pole, but in the end it wasn't to be. My teammate has probably had a different weekend than the rest of drivers, he didn't obey his bosses, he behaved in a new way with the team and maybe that was a surprise, but everybody can do whatever they want.

And I don't want to think too much about the stewards. It's a difficult situation and a difficult decision, but they made it and in the end we scored five points, which is better than nothing.

Q. In the next race that you have to let Lewis pass to give him an extra lap, what will you do?

FA: I'll let him by.

Q. That easily?

FA: If the team asks me to, I'll let him by. The team pays me to do what they want.

Q. How is the relationship with your team and your teammate now?

FA: It's the same as before the race. Each of us looks at his own interests, trying to do the best race possible, with the best strategy, and I try to do the same with my group of engineers and mechanics.

But I guess he will have a different relationship with the team in the next race, because I don't think they are very happy, and I will have the same one (relationship).

Q. Has this made you more motivated to win the title?

FA: The same as before. Always a lot.

Q. Will McLaren take any measures?

FA: No. These things happen in every sport, and also in F1, and it happened to me. But we have stop thinking about it. It's a new kind of penalty and that's it.

Q. Is this the worst penalty you have been given?

FA: No, Monza was the worst one, that's for sure.

Q. With all the difficulties that you are having this year, is it harder to think about the title?

FA: It gets very hard. It's not easy. I don't know if it's because in previous years I had to defend myself, but it seemed a little easier. This year I'm always on the limit, tied in the first half of the season, and now I'm a bit behind.

The races are going by and you arrive each Thursday and you know you have another mountain to climb, that you are going to have to fight against a lot of things, but until the final lap in Brazil you can't ease off.

Last year it was looking bad too, but two races from the end Michael broke his engine and I won the title. Anything can happen and the last one to throw in the towel will be me.

Q. The celebrations have changed a lot today. Hamilton was applauding himself and the team seemed to ignore him a bit.

FA: Well, what happened yesterday was something new for the team. Hamilton not listening, disobeying them, was something they hadn't experienced and I guess they wanted to make him see that. But anyway, in the next race I guess everything will be back to normal and we will both try to win the race.

Q. Could what happened here change the attitude of the team towards you and Hamilton?

FA: No.

Q. Do you think it's possible to go on like this for three years?

FA: I don't know.

Q. Do you plan to think it over?

FA: I don't know.
Old 08-05-2007, 10:31 PM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by tchandler
Fernando Alonso
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Alonso: Fernando Alonso Díaz (born on July 29, 1981 in Oviedo, Asturias, Spain) is a Spanish Formula One racing driver and a sniviling, winning little ******.One of the biggest Puzzys you'll ever meet.

Alonso demoted to sixth.

Someone at the pub needs to give this guy an attitiude adjustment. What a wus.
Man, that's just funny! And true, he whines a lot.
Old 08-06-2007, 12:10 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Default Alonso's future at McLaren in doubt

By Biranit Goren and Mark Glendenning Monday, August 6th 2007, 06:10 GMT

Fernando Alonso during the post-qualifying press conference at HungaryMcLaren CEO Ron Dennis hopes world champion Fernando Alonso will complete his multi-year contract with McLaren, amid growing speculations that the Spaniard is looking to leave the team at the end of this season.

Alonso is signed with McLaren until the end of 2009, but his relationship with the team has been visibly strained in recent weeks, the Spaniard hesitating when asked at Hungary yesterday if he would see out his contract with the Woking-based outfit.

Recent rumours suggest Renault want Alonso back, while other teams are likely to be interested in signing the Spaniard should he be freed by McLaren.

Renault have yet to confirm their 2008 line-up and team boss Flavio Briatore made clear at the weekend that he was in no hurry to do so.

"I know nothing about that. We have never had any discussions about that," Briatore said on Sunday when asked about the rumours.

"This is a McLaren problem, not mine."

But Dennis dismissed these rumours as inevitable, and said his team intend to respect the contracts they have with both Alonso and Lewis Hamilton.

"There is an inevitability that these things are rumoured and discussed in other teams," Dennis said on Sunday in Budapest.

"We have two drivers who are contracted for several years into the future. We will respect our part of that bargain and that part of the situation - we hope that the drivers respect theirs, because that's what a contract is about."

According to sources, Alonso appears disillusioned by McLaren's treatment of both drivers, believing he should have had more support from the team due to his status as a double world champion.

A Spanish flag in the crowd on Sunday summed up the feelings of many Spanish fans about their hero's position - "McLaren=Traidor (Traitor)".

But Dennis was adamant that his team would not change their long-held belief of treating both drivers equally.

"That is our position," Dennis stated. "It is a challenging situation to manage, and I fully recognise that. But that goes with my job.

"I have to take any decisions that are in the interests of the team. But at the moment, we are most definitely going to maintain a very firm commitment to our principle of equality.

"We appreciate the pressure and the difficulties and the level of competitiveness that the drivers have to each other. We understand that there are always moments of indecision and a feeling of trust being stretched to the limit.

"But our team principles were not compromised; we make every effort as a team to generate equality.

"We will continue to function as a Grand Prix team with specific values, and if anybody does not want to be part of those values - irrespective of where they sit in the organisation - ultimately they all have a choice. But we will not deviate away from our values."
Old 08-07-2007, 08:57 AM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Default Alonso told to leave McLaren: report

ABC news
Posted 1 hour 20 minutes ago

Fernando Alonso, who is at loggerheads with his McLaren co-driver Lewis Hamilton, has been told by boss Ron Dennis that he can leave the Formula One team at the end of the season, a report claims.

The double world champion's future is up in the air as his relationship with Hamilton broke down at the Hungarian Grand Prix last weekend when he was penalised for his part in trying to prevent the Briton from starting in pole.

British newspaper The Times quoted what the paper described as a 'well-placed' source as confirming Alonso may quit the team two years ahead of schedule.

"My understanding is that he's been told he can go because they're so fed up with him. Ron is just very pissed off with both of them (Alonso and Hamilton)," the source said.

The comments follow Alonso's confirmation that his future at the British team was uncertain.

The unsettled Spaniard, asked by sports daily Marca if he was planning to stay with McLaren, replied: "I don't know."

Two likely destinations for Alonso if he were to sever his ties with McLaren are Renault, with whom he won his two world titles, and BMW, who are yet to contract German Nick Heidfeld for 2008.

The F1 rumour mill began to work overtime following a controversial weekend's racing in Hungary with Hamilton emerging the winner after replacing Alonso on pole position following a steward's inquiry.

Alonso, who trails Hamilton by seven points in the race for the 2007 drivers' crown, was penalised five grid positions for blocking Hamilton and preventing him completing a final qualifying lap.

McLaren said the delay at the pit-stops in qualifying was Hamilton's fault, for causing confusion in the team by disobeying an order to let Alonso pass him ahead of the pit stops.
Attached Images  
Old 08-07-2007, 09:37 AM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Here we go, here we friggin' go.

Flavio, I need a ride back to Enstone, blue color suits me better than silver!
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: Where are all the Alonso detractors