Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Where are all the Alonso detractors

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2007 | 01:56 AM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Any shredd of respect I had for Alonso is completely gone. Sure the guy can drive, but the more that comes out, the more clear the picture becomes on what type of person he is behind the scenes.

If I was Renault, I'd take him back because of the ties and they're in horrible shape right now, but I wouldn't want him at Ferrari. He appears to be a cancer when things are going sideways. I can't pull for either he or Hamilton to win. The constructors title is locked up by default.

I'd love for he and Hamiton to take each other out like what nearly happened today when Alonso clearly moved over and pushed Hamilton off the road.

KIMI IN 2008!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-17-2007 | 02:21 AM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by M3Pete
Any shredd of respect I had for Alonso is completely gone. Sure the guy can drive, but the more that comes out, the more clear the picture becomes on what type of person he is behind the scenes.

If I was Renault, I'd take him back because of the ties and they're in horrible shape right now, but I wouldn't want him at Ferrari. He appears to be a cancer when things are going sideways. I can't pull for either he or Hamilton to win. The constructors title is locked up by default.

I'd love for he and Hamiton to take each other out like what nearly happened today when Alonso clearly moved over and pushed Hamilton off the road.

Alonso has proven he is almost as cut throat , as Schumacher , wow he might now go on to win 7 WC ,,,,

There is no way team Mclaren will keep him now , He goes against everything the team stands for, He lacks integrity and has shown he will do whatever it takes to win a WC. But wait a minute Sweet baby Jesus, this sounds like Team Mclaren , Ferrari , Ron , Ham, Schumi ... stepney, coughlan,

Last edited by A.Wayne; 09-17-2007 at 02:44 AM.
Old 09-17-2007 | 02:24 AM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Ohhh Pete,
He has away to go before he get's to ham's level ......

Monza

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abEShdaJNOc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCP-Yt77Dts

Last edited by A.Wayne; 09-17-2007 at 02:43 AM.
Old 09-17-2007 | 11:51 AM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by A.Wayne
Alonso has proven he is almost as cut throat , as Schumacher , wow he might now go on to win 7 WC ,,,,

There is no way team Mclaren will keep him now , He goes against everything the team stands for, He lacks integrity and has shown he will do whatever it takes to win a WC. But wait a minute Sweet baby Jesus, this sounds like Team Mclaren , Ferrari , Ron , Ham, Schumi ... stepney, coughlan,
The difference is one driver alienates the whole team where the other has the team working their tail off for him. And when that particular driver wins, he heaps praise on his team for all their hard work and dedication. He didn't throw them under the bus when things weren't going well. Sounds like I favor the driver who is a team guy not the me guy.

Trust me, Hamilton is no saint. Ron Dennis deserves both these drivers.
Old 09-17-2007 | 12:21 PM
Nano
Racer

wild guess here... Hamilton seems frustrated

Japan

Hamilton Takes out Alonso in an impossible move to overtake him (a la monza/spa, but harder)
Team orders finally fall in place at Ferrari
Raikkonen wins
Ferrari takes 1-2
Raikkonen is within 3 points of Hamilton with 2 races to go

some funnier variants are possible as well ...

Hamilton takes out Raikkonen, giving Alonso the WDC

Old 09-17-2007 | 12:53 PM
Trucho-951
Pro

The difference is one driver alienates the whole team where the other has the team working their tail off for him. And when that particular driver wins, he heaps praise on his team for all their hard work and dedication. He didn't throw them under the bus when things weren't going well. Sounds like I favor the driver who is a team guy not the me guy.

Trust me, Hamilton is no saint. Ron Dennis deserves both these drivers.

Alsonso only spoke wtih Ron, he did not call the FIA. What I don't understand is why did Ron call the FIA? Did he think the FIA would come after Alsono only?
Old 09-17-2007 | 12:56 PM
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

I think as soon as Ron knew that Alonso had this information and that he *might* take it to the FIA he (i.e Ron) really had no choice, as if Alonso did tell the FIA, then Ron would be seen as possibly trying to cover it up by keeping silent.
Old 09-17-2007 | 12:59 PM
Nano
Racer

Originally Posted by Trucho-951
Alsonso only spoke wtih Ron, he did not call the FIA. What I don't understand is why did Ron call the FIA? Did he think the FIA would come after Alsono only?
He called the FIA to tell Max Mosley that Alonso had made an threat, though he assured Max it was baseless.

In simpler words, preemptive defense
Old 09-17-2007 | 01:30 PM
M758
Race Director

I think Ron was trying to Call Alonso's Bluff.

I think he was worried that Alonso would call the FIA and that it he would make up some stuff. He figure if he called Max right away he could tell Max.

"This hot head Alonso is going to call you about some stuff, but he is LYING. He is trying blackmail me and will say he has something, but he does not. Don't believe him."

Well it backfired in way since FA never contacted the FIA and Max decided he needed to look for himself.
Old 09-17-2007 | 02:05 PM
Nano
Racer

Hey Honey, Jerry called, he said he has evidence I banged his wife and he's trying to blackmail me for a raise. He has NOTHING though. I told him to send you whathever he has because he has NOTHING. It's a bluff. If I banged his wife, I assure you, I would have told you.

makes sense?

If you know your opponent's hand, there is no need to call him a bluff
Old 09-17-2007 | 02:17 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Exacto mundo, The english is making Alonso out to be the bad guy , Alonso comment was out of frustration , an empty threat , Dennis made his move to protect his image as Mr integrity , because he was not suppose to know any of this.......... All top drivers are a ME guy , Pete escuses Schumachers underhanded behavior because the team is Happy , makes no sense .

I also dis-agree with the assumption Alonso is not a team player, He wants what his and felt the team has Dis-respected him and i see him no more selfish than other past champions , less so if anything . As a matter of fact they all where love em or hate em guys, exception being Prost , who was underhanded in his french ways of playing the behind the scene games....when he had to , but for the most part was pretty clean .....
Old 09-17-2007 | 02:20 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by amjf088
I think as soon as Ron knew that Alonso had this information and that he *might* take it to the FIA he (i.e Ron) really had no choice, as if Alonso did tell the FIA, then Ron would be seen as possibly trying to cover it up by keeping silent.

Ron already knew this information , the threat to expose it to the FIA , was what was new......
Old 09-17-2007 | 02:48 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

McLaren is a snake pit. The funniest thing I keep hearing is Ron Dennis' integrity. check out www.f1racing.net and click on the top story on Sept. 15th.

Max Mosley believed Ron Dennis based on their 40 year relationship and his integrity. The evidence reveals he is a flat out liar.

Yes, take what the British press reports with a grain of salt and everything the Spanish press says the same way. Everyone is pulling for their own.

The FIA is watching McLaren closely to make sure they don't do anything underhanded to Alonso and that it's a straight fight the rest of the way, but I can't see them pulling together for Alonso.

A. Wayne, make sure you put a new bottle of Vodka in the frig for the Finn as Kimi's looking good right now. My guess is whomever has the 1st mechanical DNF between them, will come out on the short side of the ledger.
Old 09-17-2007 | 04:32 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

McLaren is a snake pit. The funniest thing I keep hearing is Ron Dennis' integrity. check out www.f1racing.net and click on the top story on Sept. 15th.

Max Mosley believed Ron Dennis based on their 40 year relationship and his integrity. The evidence reveals he is a flat out liar.

Yes, take what the British press reports with a grain of salt and everything the Spanish press says the same way. Everyone is pulling for their own.

The FIA is watching McLaren closely to make sure they don't do anything underhanded to Alonso and that it's a straight fight the rest of the way, but I can't see them pulling together for Alonso.

A. Wayne, make sure you put a new bottle of Vodka in the frig for the Finn as Kimi's looking good right now. My guess is whomever has the 1st mechanical DNF between them, will come out on the short side of the ledger.

Ferrari has had the best car all year, If Ham or Alonso was in a ferrari , this would be over by now , Todt needs to step up and get one of them ....
Old 09-17-2007 | 04:42 PM
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Where is it confirmed that Dennis knew about the emails prior to Alonso's conversation with Ron? Is that speculation or it it a confirmed fact?

Mosley says Dennis lied to him, but that would only be if Dennis knew about the emails at that time. But (IIRC) Dennis specifically said that he did not. I'm sure there are many that may BELIEVE one thing or the other, but facts are thin on the ground from what I've seen, but I certainly have not read everything either.

Quick Reply: Where are all the Alonso detractors