Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SeaCay's Sebring Pics (more pics added by request)

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2007, 04:11 PM
SeaCay
Thefu
Rennlist Member

Received 658 Likes on 330 Posts

I shoot RAW + Large JPEG. I can go back and work those somewhat to tone down the white (I should do that just for practice with PS).

I'd actually consider flying to the race if I got a chance to go over the wall. I'll look into the series and get back with you.

Thanks for the offer! Rennlist rocks!

Originally Posted by cooleyjb
Hey I'll be the first to admit white cars are tough. The one thing I've learned is that shooting in .RAW allows me to cover up the many mistakes I make and learn how to correct them in the future. I'm not sure if you do, but with memory so cheap nowadays it should be the standard. However as I said before the pans are TOP notch and are a much tougher thing to get down than dealing with a white car in post processing.

I'm shooting most of the USERA Spec 9 series. If you are around for any of those, look me up. I might be able to get some credentials for you so you can get on the other side of the fence too. www.usenduro.com
Old 02-13-2007, 04:47 PM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Thanks again guys. Any info & tips are very much appreciated! My wing is RS so it's ok.

More holes to the floor...
Old 02-13-2007, 04:57 PM
Larry Herman
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Flying Finn
Thanks again guys. Any info & tips are very much appreciated! My wing is RS so it's ok.

More holes to the floor...
No, I don't think that your RS wing is legal for D stock. I do not know of any factory option for a US 993 that had the RS wing. And 993 RS (and the RSCS) runs in C as a stock car.
Retired Club Racer & National PCA Instructor
Past Flames:
1994 RS America Club Racer
2004 GT3 Track Car
1984 911 Carrera Club Racer
1974 914/4 2.0 Track Car

CLICK HERE to see some of my ancient racing videos.

Old 02-13-2007, 05:16 PM
Greg Fishman
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

Larry,
His wing is not a RS Club Sport wing but the RS stock wing probably less effective than the aero kit that was available. No 993 in the US had a 3.8RS wing either but they allow that in D (without the adjustable element). Actually there was a D car this weekend with a 3.8RS and the adjustable element but I don't guess any one caught that.
Old 02-14-2007, 09:44 AM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Greg Fishman
...You have time to get this together and get licensed and make it for Road Atlanta...
Sheesh Greg, I know you're fast and all but remember I am a turtle and slow. With my schedule etc. next 48 is realistic and of course would be best to have the first race at the track I know beforehand.

BTW, how do you guys figure out co-droving for enduro? Both pay 1/2 of all the cost or the co-drover (who doesn't own the car) pays little extra or?
I have someone who I might be co-droving and I'm also thinking I might need a co-drover?

TIA.
Old 02-14-2007, 07:49 PM
Greg Fishman
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Flying Finn
BTW, how do you guys figure out co-droving for enduro? Both pay 1/2 of all the cost or the co-drover (who doesn't own the car) pays little extra or?
I have someone who I might be co-droving and I'm also thinking I might need a co-drover?

TIA.

I think that is between you and your co drover. I have heard of guys paying to get a "pro" in the car and others that rent out 1/2 of the ride. Others that just let their friends drove for the cost of a few beers, etc.
Old 02-14-2007, 08:01 PM
Rick
Addict
Rennlist Lifetime Member

I think you just work it out...I personally took the middle ground of Greg's suggestions above & hired a pro beer drinker and it worked for me.

Seriously, IMHO, I'm not going to ask a co-drive to share in the cost of the car running for the day...my thought is that they pay their fee so they can drive & be willing to pay for any damages...other than that, let's go have some fun & finish strong.
Old 02-14-2007, 08:12 PM
Greg Fishman
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

The other part of the ride is being willing to be a beer winch for the weekend and to schlep wheels and tires around. Plus lots of tips on how to spend more money on the car.
Old 02-14-2007, 09:47 PM
Larry Herman
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Greg, you mean that a few beers is all it takes to get you to co-drove my car? You work cheap!
Old 02-15-2007, 09:01 AM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Rick
I think you just work it out...I personally took the middle ground of Greg's suggestions above & hired a pro beer drinker and it worked for me. ...
Originally Posted by Greg Fishman
The other part of the ride is being willing to be a beer winch for the weekend and to schlep wheels and tires around. Plus lots of tips on how to spend more money on the car.

OK, that's the plan, I'll hire a professional beer drinker so I'll have a full pro beer drinker team!
Old 02-27-2007, 01:44 PM
gt2r
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great Pics, thanks for posting.

Quick Reply: SeaCay's Sebring Pics (more pics added by request)