Daytona USA '06 Update

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2006, 07:26 PM
Greg Fishman
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by JimB
Jeeze Colin did you have go and post the results. I was just beginning to forget them. My favorite part was losing to Chris Dooley who didn't even finish the race!

Eon, that is my car behind the RSCS. I'd love to see any pics you have.
Jim

Jim,
We got passed on track by Larry twice and managed to be 4 laps down to him. Bad luck of the draw with our pit stop timing, couldn't have been worse.
Old 10-16-2006, 07:29 PM
87_944s
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry I didnt get so see much of the red group run on saturday we were busy helping some fellow Mardi Gras region PCA guys get their cars ready for the enduro. What i did get to see I didnt have my camera for. Sunday we only stayed for the first enduro.

Eon S.
Old 10-16-2006, 08:51 PM
DHinkle
Rennlist Member

Received 108 Likes on 17 Posts

Colin:

I am w/JimB on the post showing purple group results. Imagine my surprise when I got the results and the pack I was racing with was penalized for passing under double yellow when the 1st time we saw it was at start/finish. That double yellow that dropped when Larry and Chris just got into the pits killed any chance I had. It was a great weekend and enjoyed racing with you.
Old 10-16-2006, 09:09 PM
jrgordonsenior
Nordschleife Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by bill walczak
Leh, Your driving makes the car not the other way around. Tough to beat your WG video from dead last to first in 3 (?) laps.

Chris, Sorry to hear about the mechanicals. I know you are wicked fast at CMP but I will try to stay on the same lap.
Bill same car w/different paint and numbers?
Old 10-16-2006, 09:48 PM
DrJupeman
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Some pics, sorry, biased to 38D and myself (the photographers' fault... ).

Car 138 was the D class sprint winner.

Car 013 won GTC1 in both the sprint and enduro.

Old 10-16-2006, 09:50 PM
Geoffrey
Nordschleife Master

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Gotta love those 964 Cups. Nice pictures
Old 10-16-2006, 10:05 PM
JimB
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 87_944s

I believe this is the only other one I have. I didnt get to take any pics of the enduro we only stayed for the first one because we had to head home. I have them in a much larger size if you want me to email them to you. I also have pics of many other cars if anybody wants me to check just give me a car # and a type i have mostly 944s lol sorry guys....

Eon S.
Hey Eon, Got any shots where I'm in front? Just kidding. I'd love a copy if you have one. jimbreakey@hotmail.com
Old 10-16-2006, 10:14 PM
DHinkle
Rennlist Member

Received 108 Likes on 17 Posts

Those are great photos except #198 passing start finish last in that group....I to love the 964 Cups and the 993 Cups. Great cars!
Old 10-16-2006, 10:17 PM
Larry Herman
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Here's one for you, Jim!
Attached Images  
Retired Club Racer & National PCA Instructor
Past Flames:
1994 RS America Club Racer
2004 GT3 Track Car
1984 911 Carrera Club Racer
1974 914/4 2.0 Track Car

CLICK HERE to see some of my ancient racing videos.

Old 10-16-2006, 10:26 PM
87_944s
Addict
Rennlist Member

I forgot to mention this was a pretty interesting battle....... that 914 got sideways a few times trying to get around the 911

Jim B sending the email now
Eon S.
Old 10-16-2006, 10:30 PM
JimB
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry Herman
Here's one for you, Jim!
Pretty funny Larry.
Old 10-16-2006, 10:45 PM
dmw44
Burning Brakes

Eon- I was at turn 5 all three days. I specifically remember the "incident" and car you are talking about. Turn 7 first reported the car as low in the rear, and Race Contol asked all turns to observe it around the track. He came through turn 5 again and the drivers-side rear was low--we marveled that he made it around the banking! All corners had reported his "problem". At that point Race Control asked that a black flag be put out. At the end of the day someone came up to me (driving a white pick-up) and asked me if I had found a spring, and we walked both sides of the armco into the turn, but did not find it...sorry.
Glad you like the pic--I agree that it is a beautiful car! It was really easy to pick out the car at speed during all sessions.
Regards, Doug
Old 10-16-2006, 11:26 PM
Greg Fishman
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Glen
We all need to share with each other the need to make a fundamental rule of only one move. You get one move, up or down, left or right, then You have to stay there until You are passed or apex the corner. It is common practice amongst real racers and we need this club to embrace it immediately and enforce it. One move, share it with Your Race Friends, practice it yourselves. We all benefit from it. It can save lives and equipment.

The costs for errors is high in the game we have all chosen to play...

GodSpeed,

Glen,
Your group wasn't the only one where I saw some suspect driving. One car sticks out in my mind is a red 944 in F class, #667. That guy blew past two people in the horseshoe under a full course yellow! Then he proceeded to run off track in the kink as he passed another guy. Fortunately they did give him a lap penalty. Then I see this same guy squeeze a guy within an inch of the wall on the backstraight because he was getting a run on him. I wish my video hadn't stopped working or I would send the video to the scruits, that kind of driving isn't just unsportsmanlike, it is down right dangerous. I don't even like to think about what could have happened.
I think this is the same guy that hit another rennlister at Road America and didn't even realize he had done so....
Old 10-16-2006, 11:32 PM
Rick
Addict
Rennlist Lifetime Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Greg Fishman
I think this is the same guy that hit another rennlist at Road America and didn't even realize he had done so....
Yup...he's the one...don't get me started on that story again. I will say this...(and then I'll shut up) he hit hit me hard enough to bend a wheel, bend a tie rod and destroy a fender but somehow claimed that he wasn't aware that he'd made contact. The scruits took one look at my video and immediately cleared me & I'm certain he wound up with a 13.

Cheers,

Rick
Old 10-16-2006, 11:42 PM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kingleh
got any pics of the number 1 car?
Because you were driving, you just can't begin to imagine how much faster you were moving than your competition. It was freaking incredible to watch. The sensation from in the car has to be different than the view as a spectator. Well Done!

Quick Reply: Daytona USA '06 Update