Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Road America Race Update

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2006, 11:59 PM
Dr.Porsche
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dave, I was cheering you on again!. Good job.
Old 09-05-2006, 12:50 AM
rsa
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey Mo,

I had fun chasing you Sunday in DE. See you at Autobahn.

Congratulatins to Shawn Young and Mike Keck who took first in F and E respectively in the enduro. Great Job.
Old 09-05-2006, 01:24 AM
944TURBOS
Racer

Originally Posted by rsa
Hey Mo,

I had fun chasing you Sunday in DE. See you at Autobahn.

Congratulatins to Shawn Young and Mike Keck who took first in F and E respectively in the enduro. Great Job.
That was a blast! Can't wait to do that again. The weekend was a blast. I am so sick though. 102 fever, cough like hell and just feel like crap. Just ordered my lip spoiler and now I need to order some new tires. That one tire is leaking pretty bad now. It was a slower leak on the track(about 4psi lower when I came out that one session) but not its worse. I was thinking about going with hoosiers, but will probably go with one more set of MPSCs before I go with hoosiers.
Old 09-05-2006, 11:13 AM
joey bagadonuts
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice to see, everyone, after the extended absence ... yes, even, you guys from Texas.

I had some good races--would've gained 13 spots on the enduro had I not been DQ'd (late pit stop) and picked up 6 places during the sprint. Now, all I need to do is figure out how to qualify and I'll be set. Also managed a new personal best at RA (let's hope so in the new car) and the car ran like a champ and left unscathed.

Pefect weekend.
Old 09-05-2006, 11:23 AM
Jerrygreene
Burning Brakes

Received 68 Likes on 37 Posts

Charlie - Colin - Great to meet you guys, Thanks for coming all the way to the Heartland! For a new track you both did very well!! I’m glad I had new shoes. FYI – the last race I was low on fuel and stumbling the last 2 laps, Charlie, I saw you in the mirror looming! I hate to say this, 1 more lap & you would have gotten me. Now to get you up to BIR...., or what about this, (depending on the track schedule this next summer, If I come to your home track, the Glen, & we have a GTC-1 love-fest with all your go-fast buddies & you, then perhaps we could have a re-match @ my home track @ BIR?? . Seems you guys from out east have a few more GTC-1’s then us. I might be able to get 3 - 4 GTC-1’s to come out and play here as well. Again great to meet you both, good luck the balance of year!
Old 09-05-2006, 12:54 PM
JimB
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

One last thanks to the Chicago gang for a great weekend and hello to all the new and old friends I got to hang out with this weekend.

Colin, great driving but you know this is coming!

Repeat after me, "996s are tough, 996s are durable, 996s are fast"

See you all in Daytona.
Jim
Old 09-05-2006, 01:40 PM
38D
Nordschleife Master

Received 830 Likes on 417 Posts

Originally Posted by Jerrygreene
Charlie - Colin - Great to meet you guys, Thanks for coming all the way to the Heartland! For a new track you both did very well!! I’m glad I had new shoes. FYI – the last race I was low on fuel and stumbling the last 2 laps, Charlie, I saw you in the mirror looming! I hate to say this, 1 more lap & you would have gotten me. Now to get you up to BIR...., or what about this, (depending on the track schedule this next summer, If I come to your home track, the Glen, & we have a GTC-1 love-fest with all your go-fast buddies & you, then perhaps we could have a re-match @ my home track @ BIR?? . Seems you guys from out east have a few more GTC-1’s then us. I might be able to get 3 - 4 GTC-1’s to come out and play here as well. Again great to meet you both, good luck the balance of year!
Jerry, good to meet you too. Charlie & I were wondering what was going on with you in the sprint. He kept radioing to me that he was catching you at the end.

You should definitely make the trip out east next year to partake in the GTC1 battle at the Glen. The track is similar to RA (high speed, fast corners), but with more elevation change and only one second gear turn.

Originally Posted by JimB
Colin, great driving but you know this is coming!

Repeat after me, "996s are tough, 996s are durable, 996s are fast"
How ironic was it after all my 996 bashing that my car broke and yours ran so flawlessly. And your 2:29 was definitely impressively fast.
Old 09-05-2006, 02:45 PM
MarkSchu
Instructor

Default Thanks from the Houston contingent

The Valkyrie racers from Houston want to add our appreciation to the Chicago group for an outstand weekend. Can't wait to do it again next year.
Old 09-05-2006, 03:11 PM
RSRRacer
Rennlist Member

Received 182 Likes on 96 Posts
Default Thanks

I also would like to thank the Chicago Region for this event. Very well run and what a great group of people.

I forgot to pick up any photos.... does someone have the contact info for the photographer who had his pics under the tent?

I'll be back next year but this race will be a tough one to follow.
Old 09-05-2006, 03:14 PM
Larry Herman
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 38D
How ironic was it after all my 996 bashing that my car broke and yours ran so flawlessly. And your 2:29 was definitely impressively fast.
JimB ran a 2:29? I'd better tune up the RSA before Daytona.
Retired Club Racer & National PCA Instructor
Past Flames:
1994 RS America Club Racer
2004 GT3 Track Car
1984 911 Carrera Club Racer
1974 914/4 2.0 Track Car

CLICK HERE to see some of my ancient racing videos.

Old 09-05-2006, 03:28 PM
GG Allin
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by RSRRacer
I also would like to thank the Chicago Region for this event. Very well run and what a great group of people.

I forgot to pick up any photos.... does someone have the contact info for the photographer who had his pics under the tent?

I'll be back next year but this race will be a tough one to follow.

I believe this is the guy you're refering to. You're not talking about Photographic Images by Edmund right?

Last edited by GG Allin; 09-05-2006 at 03:53 PM.
Old 09-05-2006, 03:35 PM
JW in Texas
Three Wheelin'

Hey Joey, Thanks for letting us rub your door panels. Mauve & white are your colors, man It was great seeing/meeting all you guys! I'll see some of you guys @ Daytona & don't forget, we start racing down here in March. Let's see, shovel snow or race? That's a tough call Come on down!
Old 09-05-2006, 03:45 PM
JimB
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry Herman
JimB ran a 2:29? I'd better tune up the RSA before Daytona.
I like rounding down but just for the record, it was a 2:29.902.

Daytona should be fun. I think the 996s aerodynamics should help us out but now that I've given Colin so much crap I'm pretty sure I'll blow my engine to pieces on the first lap.
Jim
Old 09-05-2006, 03:47 PM
Larry Herman
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by JimB
now that I've given Colin so much crap I'm pretty sure I'll blow my engine to pieces on the first lap.
Jim
Just make sure that you are behind me when you do.
Old 09-05-2006, 04:55 PM
GG Allin
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Did anyone happen to see the 904/6 by the fuel pump on Saturday? I saw the car there for about a half hour, the guy was changing the tires or something. Then I never saw the car again.

Quick Reply: Road America Race Update