Sponsored by:

Really...how bad is Seneca Lodge?

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2006, 06:11 PM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Compared to the Seneca - The Falls Motel is closer, is less expensive, is new/remodled in the last few years, has a new Pub on premises. If you see the Falls as a 7/10, The Seneca Lodge is a 1/10. There is a reason that the Cabins are commonly referred to as "The Dog Houses"....that is where they let people with pets stay. Don't worry about the A/C working in some of the Cabins...there isn't any! The bar IS worth a visit, the food is OK.

If you can't get Phil to get you in The Falls, I would go to Elmira. If you want to keep the GF, see if the Longhouse or The Inn at Glenora have space, which is where we stay when my wife attends (as she is this month.
Old 08-02-2006, 06:13 PM
Arrwin
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ltc
When at WGI, I normally stay at the Villager Inn, downtown.

Good parking for trailers, walking distance to restaurants, Super WalMart, etc.
It was something like $80/night.

Not 4 star, but clean room, courteous folks.
"Make sure that your shots are up to date."
You guys are too funny.....

Thanks ltc! Just made a reservation at the Villager Inn. $80 w/PCA discount (only $10 more than the "dog house"). I like how it's in town and walkable to restaurants and such. Now...time to make the cancellation call to the Seneca. Didn't need too much convincing there!

Thanks again everyone!

BTW...anyone going up on the 25th-26th of August with Metro NY?

Last edited by Arrwin; 08-02-2006 at 06:34 PM.
Old 08-02-2006, 06:16 PM
993944S2
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 66 Likes on 30 Posts

Even if you don't stay at the Seneca, go to the bar and have a beer. It is worth the trip.
Old 08-02-2006, 06:23 PM
MJR911
Three Wheelin'

Stay in Corning, go to a bar called McHales... new "pole" was just put in. 2 min walk from Days Inn and Holiday Inn.
Old 08-02-2006, 06:47 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,538 Likes on 811 Posts

During pro race weekends, EVERYBODY eats there.
Old 08-02-2006, 06:59 PM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Arrwin
"Make sure that your shots are up to date."
You guys are too funny.....

Thanks ltc! Just made a reservation at the Villager Inn. $80 w/PCA discount (only $10 more than the "dog house"). I like how it's in town and walkable to restaurants and such. Now...time to make the cancellation call to the Seneca. Didn't need too much convincing there!

Thanks again everyone!

BTW...anyone going up on the 25th-26th of August with Metro NY?
I'll be there on the 18th, 19th and 20th.
Old 08-02-2006, 07:03 PM
Jerseybean
GT3 Track Junkie
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MJR911
Stay in Corning, go to a bar called McHales... new "pole" was just put in. 2 min walk from Days Inn and Holiday Inn.
Wonder if McHales have rooms available
Old 08-02-2006, 07:04 PM
mhm993
Rennlist Member

Received 221 Likes on 148 Posts

Arrwin, we're going to metro advanced, returning to the scene of my crime last year at that event. See you round the paddock.

As to the S Lodge, I kind of think it reminds me of summer camp, with crappy cabins in the woods (we had a main motel room once and it actually wasn't so bad) but Mindy won't go near the place. Though we had a funny-ish thing there the last time we stayed there. A couple on a real loud harley pull up to stay in the next room just as everyone was returning from the track in the afternoon. They take a look at the dozen track cars and the noise we're all making and gleefully proclaim that for the first time their Harley isn't the noisiest vehicle in the parking lot.
Old 08-02-2006, 07:10 PM
Arrwin
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mhm993
Arrwin, we're going to metro advanced, returning to the scene of my crime last year at that event. See you round the paddock.

As to the S Lodge, I kind of think it reminds me of summer camp, with crappy cabins in the woods (we had a main motel room once and it actually wasn't so bad) but Mindy won't go near the place. Though we had a funny-ish thing there the last time we stayed there. A couple on a real loud harley pull up to stay in the next room just as everyone was returning from the track in the afternoon. They take a look at the dozen track cars and the noise we're all making and gleefully proclaim that for the first time their Harley isn't the noisiest vehicle in the parking lot.
Great. Looking forward to seeing you guys there. I do remember the "incident" last yr as I was there, but looks like everything worked out.

BTW...i'll be at the Auto-X on Sunday....yourself? Trying to get Wilson (your fellow Club Coupe member) out as well.
Old 08-02-2006, 07:19 PM
shiners780
Rennlist Member

I've stayed there 25+ times. I always request one of three same rooms, and they're always clean. Best part for us light sleepers, it's really quiet at night. No traffic noise at all. Some of those downtown motels you'll hear the main street traffic all night long. Not bad if you can sleep through it, but I can't.
Old 08-02-2006, 07:33 PM
krC2S
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what about seneca clipper Inn?
is it better or worse..i have a reservation at the lodge but should i change it?
i've only been to the falls before
Old 08-02-2006, 07:47 PM
mhm993
Rennlist Member

Arrwin, I'm a no show at ax this week....going up to Mt tremblant w/ CVR for a 3 day event. Three track days trump AX by like 9 times!
Old 08-02-2006, 08:31 PM
bobt993
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by krC2S
what about seneca clipper Inn?
is it better or worse..i have a reservation at the lodge but should i change it?
i've only been to the falls before
arrrrrggggghh worse....... stayed there, rooms "dank" and noisy from the street. Not as bad as the Tikki bar hotel with the rubber slip covers

Hey, Mitch clicked on the website for your Mchales and ended up with damn spyware link to wiggle bars, thanks, now I need to explain that one to the Mrs.

Hey, if we were to buy a house there, who would be willing to part with 90.00 bucks a night per person for a clean place with speedvision, PS2, plasma and racing stuff all over the place? Oh, add hot tub and massaging chair to that.
Old 08-02-2006, 08:47 PM
analogmike
Rennlist Member

Received 102 Likes on 42 Posts

REALLY REALLY BAD in the Seneca Lodge cabins (only place I stayed, wont try the other rooms after that experience.) Had more terrible rooms in most of the other fleabag motels downtown.

I found a good cheap small motel last month, very cheap! the Seneca Clipper Inn. I didn't think the noise was bad, I had the best sleep ever at the Glen there (I usually can't sleep before a race). Just check out the room before OKing it, some are renovated (on the right I think) while others are not.

Good luck!
Old 08-02-2006, 08:59 PM
mhm993
Rennlist Member

tiki bar!!!!

Quick Reply: Really...how bad is Seneca Lodge?