Watkins Glen Club Race 2006 Update

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2006, 10:04 PM
Eric in Chicago
Three Wheelin'

Received 51 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by ngoldrich
Leon,

I just checked my data acq and it was 184 MPH...

Norm
Outstanding Norm!!!! I wonder what your monster would do at Road America???

Any chance you are going to run the National Championship at Mid Ohio with NASA in Sept?
Old 06-13-2006, 10:09 PM
richard glickel.
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ngoldrich
Leon,

I just checked my data acq and it was 184 MPH...

Norm
YIKES!
Old 06-13-2006, 11:07 PM
Mike S.
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

From this lowly spectator's view of the GT car enduro at the end of the back straight and beginning of the bus stop, Norm looked like a bullet. In addition, he trailed brake deeper than anyone I saw into the bus stop and he was so consistant in his line that it was hard to tell one lap from the previous...other than everybody else was further behind

But whether in GT1 or J, you guys put on a nice show as always. With my program in hand, I spotted many of you Rennlist Racers. Extra special to you.

Mike
Old 06-14-2006, 05:50 AM
ngoldrich
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mike,

Thanks for the kind words. It was very fun.

I just checked my front and rear vid cams and cant believe it - neither one was recording!

Really depressing - I used a remote control and had someone check on the grid to see if the the red record lights were on; they said yes; but obviously not :-(

Normally I start them manually in the garage before I get in, but wanted to make sure I recorded all 1.5 hours..

So no cool video from this race :-(

How will I make it through the winter????

Norm
Old 06-14-2006, 05:52 AM
ngoldrich
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Eric,

I would like to run the NASA nationals, but dont have time with all my travel. If they waived the 5 race requirement (which I am guessing they would not) then I might be able to do so...

Will you be running it?

Norm
Old 06-14-2006, 11:00 PM
esscape26
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Mac: Any sign in your video of the car next to you in the bus stop? Again, it appeared to me that there was another car to your left and this put your (only?) lane out of there across the final set of curbing.

Group 5 enduro (F-J): 'Split' results, ie at the one-hour mark, were put in the bin, not the finals.

DQ: I saw several cars pit on the lap after the yellow, against what was said in the meeting, making up many DQs.

Lastly, one of my best buds, who shall go nameless, took 10 seconds off my pit entrance lap by puttering to the timing gate off the track (and then I screwed up my stop by an additional 15 seconds) FYI: You don't have to go 30 mph 'til the gate! Use the old auto-cross training and go fast 'til the cone(s).....

Qualifying opening laps/warming of tires:
The 1st station or two out of pit lane should be YELLOW with no punishments for how one exits pit lane or starts one's pace.

PM
My personal opinions.
Old 06-15-2006, 12:16 AM
PMS993
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by esscape26
Mac: Any sign in your video of the car next to you in the bus stop? Again, it appeared to me that there was another car to your left and this put your (only?) lane out of there across the final set of curbing.

Group 5 enduro (F-J): 'Split' results, ie at the one-hour mark, were put in the bin, not the finals.
PM
My personal opinions.
Well, I could have argued further and talking to the racer I passed afterwards, he did indicate that he was beside me and so I was pushed out by him a bit. Next, I'm not looking at where I am, I'm looking at where I'm going so I totally miss the oil dry. Could I have argued some? Yes. Could I have avoided the oil dry? If I'd known it was there. Could I have seen it on the previous laps? Please, I'm racing not observing the conditions. Still, the 13 / 13 is there to settle down the drivers. I don't feel I was doing anything out of the ordinary or rash. I wasn't being overly aggressive and I wasn't driving out of control. Just call me a victim of circumstances and conditions. Paying the penalty for a crime that wasn't really there. Oh well...

Another mix up with enduro results involving YOUR run group. What's up with that? VIR now The Glen?
Old 06-15-2006, 09:02 AM
Geoffrey
Nordschleife Master

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Don't forget LRP where the leaders in GTC-1 were black flagged for a 2min pit stop. They were both over 5 minutes, I know this because I was running the pit stops and mylaps.com confirm it.

Quick Reply: Watkins Glen Club Race 2006 Update