Sponsored by:

Watkins Glen Club Race 2006 Update

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2006, 12:37 PM
richard glickel.
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Manny Alban

What really surprised me was how quite the cup cars were on the track compared to the E, F, G, classes.
Manny,

It's like this, I figure at least my 968 should SOUND fast.

Mac,

Sorry I didn' t get to say "Hi". Between the car and the dog I didn't have lots of time to visit with friends - and there were so many guys there that I always enjoy seeing.

Dave Nazaroff (my 1-man pit crew), Richie V., Larry Herman, Henk W., John Colasante and Bill Walzak, (we shared space in the garage) were all very supportive of my rookie voyage. Thanks guys.
Old 06-12-2006, 12:40 PM
DrJupeman
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Here's a pic of the Group 3 start that Larry referred to. Can you find Larry in this picture? Can you find me? How many Rennlisters are in this shot? As Manny points out, it was a cool start to me because 4 of the 6 964 Cups were lined up in a row (positions 5, 7, 9, 11) and a 5th was in the 12th spot. A cool shot!

Old 06-12-2006, 12:41 PM
993944S2
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 68 Likes on 32 Posts

Is there anyone else from F or G that pitted when the 944 hit the wall between T10 and T11 in the enduro? There were about 5-6 of us that were DQ'ed. I fully understand that it is a no no to pit under full yellow but I went through T10 at full tilt with no yellow showing. Everyone checked up hard, I went through T11 and tried to sneak into the pits. I don't remember if T11 corner workers were showing double yellow or not. There was another black 968 that left the pits 10 seconds before be and he did not get DQ'ed, but I did notice that he DNF'ed. Just curious...
Old 06-12-2006, 12:47 PM
kingleh
Burning Brakes

Received 67 Likes on 17 Posts

yooo... wuts up everybody.... thanks for the gud comments....

i had a good time... its BS why i started in the back.. but it was REALLY fun.... so wutever...

Larry.... i tried to find your camp 3 or 4 times... i think u lied to me about where it was...... but yea good to see you.. and i DID try to find u to hang a little more..... sorry to hear about your motor..... good job in C in the sprint tho.....

good Job to Norm on running the 54.... i talked to him before the enduro.. and he is like " yea i got some suspention issues fixed and i think i can run a 55.. maby a 54".... so then he goes out and does it... class act.. i like guys who are legit.......

i have incar from my spin in the coolant in the first session FRI.... the qualifying lap... and the entire race..... my dad took it home with him tho... but i will get it back in 2 weeks and i will edit it and post it up.......
Old 06-12-2006, 12:49 PM
RICHVIZZ951
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thats the best pic I have seen thus far Charlie. Wish I qualified better, may have made that frame, lol.
Old 06-12-2006, 12:51 PM
DrJupeman
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by RICHVIZZ951
Thats the best pic I have seen thus far Charlie. Wish I qualified better, may have made that frame, lol.
38D was taking the pictures with my camera. I think he took some shots of the pack coming down the straight so I will look tonight when I'm home and post one.
Old 06-12-2006, 12:53 PM
Larry Herman
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by kingleh
Larry.... i tried to find your camp 3 or 4 times... i think u lied to me about where it was...... but yea good to see you.. and i DID try to find u to hang a little more..... sorry to hear about your motor..... good job in C in the sprint tho.....
Thanks Leh. We were camped in the corner of the lot behind the snack bar, but it was kind of closed off. You should have told me that your Dad was there, I would liked to have met him.

You were blinding through the bus stop, like you were on rails, and that car has such a great exhaust sound. Maybe I'll buy it from you when you're done with it.
Retired Club Racer & National PCA Instructor
Past Flames:
1994 RS America Club Racer
2004 GT3 Track Car
1984 911 Carrera Club Racer
1974 914/4 2.0 Track Car

CLICK HERE to see some of my ancient racing videos.

Old 06-12-2006, 01:00 PM
analogmike
Rennlist Member

Received 103 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by 38D
Here's the last two laps of the group 2 sprint, and battle that Mike, Bill & I had going.

D class sprint - last 1.5 laps (15MB). You can see my 2nd the 5th upshift where Bill blows by me .
thanks for posting it! I will try to post some, like the Ice Car's ping pong incedent, Bill's flaming 935, some silly passes I pulled off, and my tire delaminating if I can.

I love your scream when Bill almost collides with Mike entering the off camber lefthander. Your car is so quiet and seems like an auto trans (we shift 2-3 times more than you). You guys really fight hard, giving the minimum amount of racing room (or less, good thing you know when to back out!).

Sorry I did not get to meet you, just met Larry for a few seconds at the Sat PM party. Did not see Bill Martin all weekend.
Old 06-12-2006, 01:01 PM
kingleh
Burning Brakes

Received 67 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry Herman
Thanks Leh. We were camped in the corner of the lot behind the snack bar, but it was kind of closed off. You should have told me that your Dad was there, I would liked to have met him.

You were blinding through the bus stop, like you were on rails, and that car has such a great exhaust sound. Maybe I'll buy it from you when you're done with it.

haa..... yuh.. i hurd that before... "behind the snack bar".... i went back there a buncha times.. never saw u..... well... u culda met him if you came down to our camp.. we wernt hiding it.......

and thnx.... the exhuast note it awsome and alot of guys told me that how they knew i was behind them.... so it helps out a bunch too.... and ude hafta pry this car from my lifeless fingers!!!!
Old 06-12-2006, 01:17 PM
Larry Herman
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by kingleh
.... and ude hafta pry this car from my lifeless fingers!!!!
Why am I not surprised? 1:52s at the Glen? Hopefully I'll make a fall race down in your area, like the CMP race. Maybe I'll put in my spare trans with the standard R&P and do Daytona.
Old 06-12-2006, 01:19 PM
JCP911S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Geoffrey
"Do any of you share the same feelings when having to watch a race going on the you should be in? Disappointment, anger, jealousy, guilt, melancholy..."

It certainly is frustrating when you cannot do the things you enjoy doing, however, I always consider it a privelage to be able to do this at all so that helps some and feel fortunate to be me.

Yes, all the above... it really sucks when things go wrong after all the time, effort, not to say money that gets invested for 3-4 races a year... to lose one is really difficult...

But that's all part of racing... it makes it so much better when things go well... the more you do this, the more you understand that the wheel always goes back around..

Remember:

Rule #1: IF anything can go wrong it will... if anything can't possibly go wrong,... it still will.

Rule #2: If anything does go wrong it will always be during qualifying or the race

Rule #3: If anything does go wrong during the race it will always be when you are kicking ***... not when you are getting your butt kicked.
Old 06-12-2006, 01:55 PM
RICHVIZZ951
Racer

Bet most of you guys wish we were racing there again this weekend. I know I would do a quick oil change and turn right around if I had an HSR car. Mosport is coming soon!!!
Old 06-12-2006, 02:17 PM
carreracup21
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by analogmike
thanks for posting it! I will try to post some, like the Ice Car's ping pong incedent, Bill's flaming 935, some silly passes I pulled off, and my tire delaminating if I can.

I love your scream when Bill almost collides with Mike entering the off camber lefthander. Your car is so quiet and seems like an auto trans (we shift 2-3 times more than you). You guys really fight hard, giving the minimum amount of racing room (or less, good thing you know when to back out!).

Sorry I did not get to meet you, just met Larry for a few seconds at the Sat PM party. Did not see Bill Martin all weekend.
Sorry I didn't get a chance to say hi Mike.

Hey, Colin that's a cool video. What you can't see was that for a very brief moment I had the lead going into the off camber, but Mike stuck it in there some how to counter my pass. Almost a little rub !! He's a heck of a driver and a nice guy too. We had fun out there definetely. Also a nice example of how "the line" gets a bit different in the heat of battle.
Old 06-12-2006, 02:27 PM
PMS993
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by RSRRacer
Sorry to pour salt in the wound, but check the enduro results, 1:58.7 baybeee and 1st in class.
Oh yeah, I saw that...where did that come from you sandbagger? You were WAY off that for practices and qualifying!
Old 06-12-2006, 02:32 PM
carreracup21
Three Wheelin'

Mac, it was perfect for going quick on Sunday. The track was cool and fast with just enough rubber laid down. If you had been running I bet you would have had a personal best time as well.

Quick Reply: Watkins Glen Club Race 2006 Update