Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2006, 08:36 PM
Rick DeMan
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 649 Likes on 203 Posts

Hey Colin,

I forgot about the LRP time... thanks!....don't forget the WGI record 1:55.3. Those records will probably be smashed this year by Stewart Tretaunt...he is just FLYING in his GT1R 935..!

Rick DeMan

DeMan Motorsport
Upper Nyack, NY
845 727 3070
Porsche Sales & Service
Porsche Race services and parts
www.DeManMotorsport.com
Old 04-23-2006, 09:47 PM
Tim Pruitt
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's a crappy analogy.

Rehersal is the practice sessions leading up to qualifying.

Qualifying is when you lay it on the line with fresh sticker tires and do the best you can do for 3 to 4 laps.
Old 04-23-2006, 10:18 PM
carreracup21
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Tim Pruitt
Qualifying is when you lay it on the line with fresh sticker tires and do the best you can do for 3 to 4 laps.
Old 04-23-2006, 11:00 PM
Rick DeMan
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 649 Likes on 203 Posts

Lay it on the line for what..!! So you can start the race maybe a little better than where you should..? It's all about the race performance....

And have some manners would ya..!
Old 04-24-2006, 07:59 AM
Tim Pruitt
Addict
Rennlist Member

Pardon me for being so cheeky.
Old 04-24-2006, 10:26 AM
ngoldrich
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It will be cool to see what Stewart will run at the Glen. Now he just needs the rest of us to get our 'stuff' up to speed so he can have some competition

Norm
Old 04-24-2006, 10:32 AM
Greg Fishman
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

I believe SCCA keeps both a qualifying and a race record for the National RunOffs.
Old 06-05-2010, 10:43 PM
Brian P
Rennlist Member

Received 29 Likes on 11 Posts

I'm digging up a thread from the dead, but RennPoints now keeps track of records for different sessions. So, if you are a believer in the idea that records only count if they are set during a race session, there's a way to see class records using only those sessions.
Old 06-06-2010, 12:03 AM
FredC
Drifting

Received 68 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by Brian P
I'm digging up a thread from the dead, but RennPoints now keeps track of records for different sessions. So, if you are a believer in the idea that records only count if they are set during a race session, there's a way to see class records using only those sessions.
you're the man.
Old 06-06-2010, 02:30 AM
Greg Phillips
Racer

Received 25 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Qualifying

The records should be based on qualifying or as we do on the West Coast, time trial laps.
Driver and clear track is most accurate.
No drafting down a long straight from a faster car to pick up a few MPH to help your time.

Greg
Old 06-06-2010, 06:12 AM
cgomez
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 8 Posts

Its already done and you can search every Track where there is a PCA race. Brian Paulson does a great job at keeping Rennlist up to date
www.rennpoints.com

If you want lap records, all sessions of a race weekend should, most importantly qualifying where you really go for your best lap posible.

Racelaps, IMO, are far from ultimate pace, as what counts is to get there first, and not necesarily post the fastest laptime. For the record or qualifying you really try to lay out all you have. You can't do this lap after lap during a race. Tires, brakes will go away and ultimate race pace is always slower than that ultimate qualifying lap
Old 06-06-2010, 07:46 AM
Brian P
Rennlist Member

Received 29 Likes on 11 Posts

One thing to note: at events like Watkins Glen where the 3rd practice session is used as qualifying, that session is shown as a practice session and not as a qualifying session. So, if you filter by qualifying, those sessions won't show up. (I hope I explained that clearly)
Old 06-06-2010, 03:21 PM
TRT41
Burning Brakes

Received 62 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by cgomez
Its already done and you can search every Track where there is a PCA race. Brian Paulson does a great job at keeping Rennlist up to date
www.rennpoints.com

If you want lap records, all sessions of a race weekend should, most importantly qualifying where you really go for your best lap posible.

Racelaps, IMO, are far from ultimate pace, as what counts is to get there first, and not necesarily post the fastest laptime. For the record or qualifying you really try to lay out all you have. You can't do this lap after lap during a race. Tires, brakes will go away and ultimate race pace is always slower than that ultimate qualifying lap
Good info, I had not seem this before, thanks!
Old 06-06-2010, 03:27 PM
cgomez
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by FredC
you're the man.
Yep. Big kudos for Brian P. Rennpoints is a great resource, not only to keep track of records but also to know your competition ahead of a race.

One thing I have failed to understand how it works is the predictive laptime. How does it work (when a racer has not been to that race)? Seems that it compares race laps (so doesnt count the racer best lap vs the benchmark opponent) vs. lap records (that do consider fastest lap including all sessions).
Old 06-07-2010, 09:11 AM
Coco_951
Instructor

To chime in on the practice vs. qualifying vs. race track records I think they should count all the same. I love that Rennpoints is now breaking down for each category but for a PCA track record I think it should be the fastest time, period. I race in a stock class and get lumped into the fast race groups quite often, undoubtedly there will be that guy in a GT car who pulls you by 6 car lengths down the straight but ends up parking it in the every corner so it’s impossible to get a shot at anything resembling a clean lap. Certainly you would be handicapping everyone who races and isn’t lucky enough to have their class of car in the front of the race group.

Quick Reply: PCA and lap records