Putnam Park Recap And PSM/ABS Disconnection

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2005, 08:25 PM
Mike in Chi

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 177 Likes on 113 Posts

Originally Posted by ColorChange
Mike:

No I do not have hard data. I based my guess on your displayed lack of technical understanding in numerous previous threads and with a high likely hood that you are therefore not particularly quick.
Imagine that! You of all people claiming something without hard data to back it up. Irony, subtlety and understatement are not your strongsuits, are they?

As Robert pointed out, I was hoping to help you understand how you are perceived in a non-confrontational manner. Yet again it goes to confrontation.

After reading your previous response, (and your lastest has the same demeanor) I didn't intend to prove I was faster than Rick, but only to prove you a fool and a hypocrite (the "h" word).

By the way, the logic above is not even specious. Just fractured.
Old 10-05-2005, 09:01 PM
ColorChange
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike in Chi
Imagine that! You of all people claiming something without hard data to back it up. Irony, subtlety and understatement are not your strongsuits, are they?

As Robert pointed out, I was hoping to help you understand how you are perceived in a non-confrontational manner. Yet again it goes to confrontation.

After reading your previous response, (and your lastest has the same demeanor) I didn't intend to prove I was faster than Rick, but only to prove you a fool and a hypocrite (the "h" word).

By the way, the logic above is not even specious. Just fractured.

OK, since you are a coward and will not post your vast and impressive racing resume, you are a middle of the pack 944 local club racer. http://www.pca.org/pca/clubrace/2005.../GreenQual.htm Does this mean you are slow? Not in my book, but as we previously discussed, slow to one is fast to another. What does this mean? Compared to Rick Gilhart (and Norm Goldrich) you are a freaking turtle. Which was my point, and was accurate!

Your lack of character in not admitting to the phenomenal difference between a highly accomplished race car driver (Rick Gilhart) who competes viscously with another extremely accomplished race car driver (Norm Goldrich) and ... you, is again a reflection of your extremely low character and why I will now jump all over you.

So, let’s get down to business you little low character looser, I THINK I AM FASTER THAN YOU IN YOUR OWN CAR. Yes, you got that right. This jerk (me) who has around 25 DE days total thinks he can whip your “highly accomplished racer ***” in your own freakin car. If you can show the financial capability to cover my car, I will offer it as I think it would be much fairer to do that, but I'm willing to accept the hardship and use your car.

You won’t understand this but high character people stand behind there claims. I’ve got $500 that says I can put down a faster lap in your car at Gingerman or Putnam than you can. I will need a couple of sessions to get used to your car and of course I will cover any damages I inflict. I will also give you $200 for wear and tear during my prep. Do you want to work out the details?

Step up Mr. Man!

Could I have called him out any stronger?

Last edited by ColorChange; 10-05-2005 at 09:41 PM.
Old 10-05-2005, 09:30 PM
Adam Richman
Pro

Can anyone get involved w/ this Solo 1 for pink slips or is it just an offer to Mike?
Old 10-05-2005, 09:36 PM
ColorChange
Three Wheelin'

Sorry Adam, Mike only at this time.
Old 10-05-2005, 10:12 PM
Mike in Chi

Lifetime Rennlist

Mike, I was writing this and did a quick refresh before I posted it so now I am willing to retract it as your second post is much more "reasonable". I can pull it or I'll let it stand and we can have some fun. Your call.

Mike, how about you pipe down a bit as your post is not serving you well.

Considering my radius at turn 1 is 370 feet and I am pulling 1.1 lat g's, you can't go much faster in my car as was set up on that day. So, I am clearly not driving, slow in - fast out as you wrongly and ignorantly claim I am (ignorant because I presented irrefutable data that shows I'm not@!).

Finally, I’m willing to put my money where my mouth is … How about you show up at the event and we have a little time trial … in your car, and I’ll bet I’m faster than you. Interested?

Of course, if I break your car I’ll fix it or buy it. Now what you gonna do?

Yes, the sound you heard was a gauntlet dropping.

Fianlly, I laughed out loud (almost blew my Dr. Pepper on the screeen) when you said "collect some data". LMAO
Tim

Glad you see the spirit in the original post.

Also glad you got the collect data line. And glad you drink Dr Pepper. My old company does ads for them.

Seriously though, when you make these posts, are you looking for input, or do you just want to show us what you've been doing? I thought you wanted advice and I always like to have fun here while doing it. If it's the latter, then I''ll respond accordingly (But I do stand by Eric not advocating slow in which is the wrong I was refereing to)

Finally on the subjects of gauntlets, I'm not afraid to pick one up

My next event will be Sebring. They have a DE there as well.

Come on down!

But since I don't have DAS, lets use your car. Then we both can learn. I need three sessions in it to get comfortable in it. After all, I'm not use to 400 plus horsepower and monster tires. ****, with 400 horsepower, even I might not be a turtle.

Otherwise we have to wait to Road America at the end of May
Gee Tim, you tried that a month ago, only then you called it a gauntlet.

Back then I threw it back at your feet. You ignored it.

When you didn't pick it up, I don't recall calling you cowardly.
But it's been at your toes for close to a month.

Did you grow a set of cajones since then? Obviously you didn't grow a sense of humor. Or a sense of how to interact with people on the internet. It appears only your ego has grown even bigger.

Of course Rick is faster than me, as is Norm. And Greg, who I believe coached you.

Again you nitwit, I asked you what hard data you had that he was. I guess you still do not see the irony in that.

If you had an ounce of wit, you might have said "because your team name gave me a hint", or that "you're often refered to as The Big Turtle".

As to just how fast I am, I don't have a resume, it's an entire website. There's a link at the bottom of this page.

But in the meantime go ahead and writhe on your own pitard.

As to the value of your diabolically handling pos, don't worry, I can write a check to cover it.

Everyone else:
I suggest you look at my other sessions from that weekend to get an idea of where I run in the F pack. If anyone wants a link, I'll be glad to provide it.

Finally the gauntlet is still at your feet Mr little Man with a Big Ego. Has been for a month.

Yours truly

A low character, highly accomplished turtle with a big mouth. (But be carefully Tim, it may be a snapping turtle.)
Old 10-05-2005, 10:38 PM
Mike in Chi

Lifetime Rennlist

And since you're so sure of yourself, lets say you cover anyone who wants in on the action.
Old 10-05-2005, 10:43 PM
ColorChange
Three Wheelin'

And since you're so sure of yourself, lets say you cover anyone who wants in on the action.

I was not willing to let a "highly accomplished racer" as yourself choose that venue (I won’t run there for safety reasons) against a slow, excuse making DE hack like me. I should have declined formally earlier, my mistake.

So let me understand this, you are accepting my challenge in my car?

Really?

And no way am I opening this up. Greg would fry me, and Rick or Norm wouldn't even know I was on the same track until they lapped me. Besides, I don't have an ax to grind with any of them.

An ego driven (slow driving according to you) DE hack.
Old 10-05-2005, 11:00 PM
Greg Fishman
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

And no way am I opening this up.
Tim,
What Mike was saying (correct if I am wrong) is that if someone wanted to bet on Mike would you cover that bet? Not allow other drivers into the mix.
Old 10-05-2005, 11:05 PM
Eric in Chicago
Three Wheelin'

Received 51 Likes on 12 Posts

First of all Tim, until you turn a wheel in anger you have no place to call someone out on racing. Middle of the pack, back of the pack or the lucky few in the front, are racing. Your doing DE with almost no danger unless you have a brain fade (ie.Blackhawk)There is a lot more than going fast to w to w.. Is the guy in G class having less fun than Norm? I doubt it. Your admiration of Rick and Norm are well deserved. Telling someone they cant smell their jock is sick and wrong. . As for the bet, I would take a exp. club racer over a DE newbie any day. 25 DE days? your not even close to good yet and you know it. Is Mike good, yeah he is. Skip Barber race series, PCA and NASA racing. He holds his own in one of the most brutal classes in racing. Unitl your kids grow up and your wife does not mind you racing, dont come here and tell people how slow they are on a race track. It is nice to see you wanting to learn but so many threads turn into internet fights, it gets old...
I hope the bet happens, it would be humbling for you Tim. Slow cars dont mean slow drivers.
Old 10-05-2005, 11:28 PM
Mike in Chi

Lifetime Rennlist

I was not willing to let a "highly accomplished racer" as yourself choose that venue (I won’t run there for safety reasons) against a slow, excuse making DE hack like me. I should have declined formally earlier, my mistake.

Really?

And no way am I opening this up. Greg would fry me, and Rick or Norm wouldn't even know I was on the same track until they lapped me. Besides, I don't have an ax to grind with any of them.

An ego driven (slow driving according to you) DE hack.
"Highly accomplished racer" are your words Tim, not mine. Again check out my website

You do seem to have a problem with communications. I don't think it's just me because this happens repeatedly with you.

I accepted it a month ago. The exact exchange is copied for you above. And for all to see. Make whatever EXCUSE you want about why you didn't accept it then or should have.

More communication issues: I already told you why I suggested your car. But I'll spell it out for you again. So we both could learn from your DAS.

But I was fully prepared to use mine. Now that I think about how you set up a car, I may definitely want to use mine.

My next event is Sebring, but I can wait. Road America. Then Gingerman. May not make it to Putnam as I will be in my other place out west.

As to your concerns for safety you're an ironic joke a minute. You're worried about Sebring, and you hit what 130 or 140? in a diabolically handling car at Putnam. You understand how foolish that sounds?
Safety concerns and your family were why you didn't want to race but you track a lambo and a TT. Or is safety and Sebring another EXCUSE?

Another communication issue:

I wasn't refering to Rick, Norm or Greg being on the track also.

I accepted your challenge a month ago and you never responded. But that was before you so confidently challenged me AGAIN and called me a coward.

I said above you need to cover anyone's "action" -- bets.

You're the confident one. The terms are you cover the bets of anyone else who wants to bet on me.
Old 10-06-2005, 08:56 AM
Mike in Chi

Lifetime Rennlist

OK, since you are a coward and will not post your vast and impressive racing resume, you are a middle of the pack 944 local club racer. http://www.pca.org/pca/clubrace/2005.../GreenQual.htm Does this mean you are slow? Not in my book, but as we previously discussed, slow to one is fast to another. What does this mean? Compared to Rick Gilhart (and Norm Goldrich) you are a freaking turtle. Which was my point, and was accurate!

Your lack of character in not admitting to the phenomenal difference between a highly accomplished race car driver (Rick Gilhart) who competes viscously with another extremely accomplished race car driver (Norm Goldrich) and ... you, is again a reflection of your extremely low character and why I will now jump all over you.

So, let’s get down to business you little low character looser, I THINK I AM FASTER THAN YOU IN YOUR OWN CAR. Yes, you got that right. This jerk (me) who has around 25 DE days total thinks he can whip your “highly accomplished racer ***” in your own freakin car. If you can show the financial capability to cover my car, I will offer it as I think it would be much fairer to do that, but I'm willing to accept the hardship and use your car.

You won’t understand this but high character people stand behind there claims. I’ve got $500 that says I can put down a faster lap in your car at Gingerman or Putnam than you can. I will need a couple of sessions to get used to your car and of course I will cover any damages I inflict. I will also give you $200 for wear and tear during my prep. Do you want to work out the details?

Step up Mr. Man!

Could I have called him out any stronger?

Tim

I have a better idea. It's a good one. It removes any chance for excuses.

We won't drive my S2. We won't drive your TT. But we will be driving identical cars.

Here's the challenge:

You sign up for one of the week long Skip Barber Schools that ends in a race weekend. You get to pick the track. We can do the next one available in Florida or California this fall and winter. Or wait til next spring for the first Midwest one.

I show up on Friday for practice. That gives you a four day start on me in the car.

I have driven a Skip car in the past, but that was over four years ago. In fact they may have changed in the interim. Plus you'll have those extra four days in the car. Why the Skippy people may even teach you something.

The Barber Format has qualifying and a race on Saturday, and a warm-up and race on Sunday.

We'll only count best qualifying or race time for the bet.

You called me a coward. Certainly you'll let me call the car.

Oh yeah, you still cover any bet anyone places on me.

Last edited by Mike in Chi; 10-06-2005 at 09:34 AM.
Old 10-06-2005, 09:32 AM
MJHanna
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Man, I needed a little entertainment. Thanks for the grins....:{)
Old 10-06-2005, 10:09 AM
ColorChange
Three Wheelin'

Greg:

I am taking no additional action or any additional drivers, at this time. This is between me and Mike (and some interested audience viewers).

Eric:

I find it rather amazing that you consider racing “turning a wheel in anger”. I would think it’s turning a wheel with concentration, skill, etc., but not anger. IMO anger would distract greatly from the job at hand, but I have to admit, you’re the racer, not me.

My jock point was in response to Mike’s questioning of Rick being faster than him (when Mike said “What do you base that on?” ). It was meant in humor and to point out that I believe there is a big difference between Rick’s skills and Mike’s skills. I think the resume’s clearly point that out.

Here is where I have a problem Eric, “dont come here and tell people how slow they are on a race track.” When did I ever say Mike was slow? In fact, here is what I did say “Does this mean you are slow? Not in my book, but as we previously discussed, slow to one is fast to another. What does this mean? Compared to Rick Gilhart (and Norm Goldrich) you are a freaking turtle. Which was my point, and was accurate!”. So I specifically said he is NOT SLOW. Secondly, you say I had a "brain fade" that caused my off at BlackHawk? I believe you owe me a retraction and apology for both comments.

I hope the bet happens to, and yes, I may get my *** handed to me. But, fast cars and inexperienced DE drivers don’t mean slow either. Maybe my unique approach can buck “conventional wisdom”.

Mike: I didn't (and won't) accept the Sebring "challenge" for a number of reasons:
1. Sebring is not “safe” enough for me, IMO.
2. I don’t know the track, you do.
3. I am not taking the time to get there.

“As to your concerns for safety you're an ironic joke a minute. You're worried about Sebring, and you hit what 130 or 140? in a diabolically handling car at Putnam. You understand how foolish that sounds?”

No, I don’t. How long is the runoff at turn 1 where I hit 140 mph? 1,000 ft? A quarter mile? Secondly, my oversteering car didn’t much affect the braking so I don’t understand you point. I went the whole weekend and dropped two wheels barely off on turn 8. Never had a spin. So, was I dangerous, or simply 2-3 seconds slower than the last time I was there with a only less “excuse” prone car?

Let’s be clear here, I didn’t call or not call you a coward for taking (or not taking) the challenge. I called you a coward for not posting your resume in comparison to Rick’s when I said: “OK, since you are a coward and will not post your vast and impressive racing resume,”. I think that’s real clear.

“I said above you need to cover anyone's "action" -- bets.” You don’t run me or my money. This bet is between you and me. If I want to take on some additional action, that will be my choice when we work out the details.

Your racing idea while not bad, I cannot accept. I made a commitment not to race until my kids are older and that still stands.

So, I will ask again as I’m not clear. Will you accept this challenge from a Ego driven slow driving DE newbie/hack? And I'll give you the three sessions you orignally asked for.

Really?

Last edited by ColorChange; 10-06-2005 at 10:27 AM.
Old 10-06-2005, 10:34 AM
Mike in Chi

Lifetime Rennlist

I gave you a venue of your own choosing in equal cars.

Whatever excuses you give, you called me a coward.

If you're so concerned about safety are you aware of the fatalities in DEs this year?

Now you're called out Tim.

I'm traveling today. I look forward to when I next have internet access.

I also see you removed the smelling jocks insults, without acknowledging it. You know, the ones Eric referenced. If someone else did that, you'd no doubt accuse them of low character.
Old 10-06-2005, 10:53 AM
aeshultz
Burning Brakes

I'll take Mike for $200. Are we handi-capping yet?
Alan

Quick Reply: Putnam Park Recap And PSM/ABS Disconnection