ColorChange summation

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2004 | 11:05 PM
Tom 77
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by JackOlsen
With all due respect, I disagree.

If I were a novice trying to learn something by reading through the threads on this board, ColorChange's posts would either send me off in the wrong direction (if I believed him) or seriously eat into time better spent learning from people who actually know what they're doing.

I think ColorChange (and GhettoRacer, and a handful of other internet-troll types who have spent time pontificating on Rennlist) lower the quality and usefulness of a resource that benefits from having a lot of extremely knowledgable participants who are very generous with their time.

ColorChange remains an unskilled amateur who devotes much more time defending his theories about driving online than he does actually tracking his car. That he presents himself as some kind of authority after one trip to the track in his 996TT is -- in my opinion -- 100% the opposite of what Rennlist is about.
I think this is true and I have been watching this COMPLETE waste of time with people talking about "G" this and "SUM" that. Useless information to anyone except the most seasoned veteran, who needs his engineer to decipher the data. I can't find anything in this section except this stupid thread spread out over months. I'm going to petition John to start a new section for CC and his buddies, where they may argue endlessly about meaningless points. Why don't you guys stop the BS ang get out there and drive. This is about performance DRIVING, not talking. This is my second and final word on this, or this will just go on and on... At least change the subjet or something..
Old 09-10-2004 | 11:19 PM
ColorChange
Three Wheelin'

Thanks Chris again. Boy am I a haiku idiot.

I'll try again.

Theory is correct
Driving skill unimportant
Right is always right

Arrogant you say?
Confidence is what I claim
Ignorance is bad

Understand theory
Better driver you will be
Engineer I am

Many foes I have
the first to attack they are
LC group they are

Tease myself - OK?
Disliked for strong views I am
***** is as ***** does
Old 09-10-2004 | 11:26 PM
Mike in Chi

Lifetime Rennlist

Tease myself - OK?
Disliked for my strong views
***** is as ***** does

Engineer you are, but not one who can count

(Seven comes after six)
Old 09-10-2004 | 11:27 PM
Mike in Chi

Lifetime Rennlist

Too late CC
Old 09-10-2004 | 11:32 PM
DanS911
Pro

Place my vote in the same column with Jack, I think these type of threads do a serious disservice to the board.
While the subject matteris certainly worthy, and the responses, when not dealing with whether or not someone owes CC another apology, can be of tremendous value, the feel and flavor are clearly NOTin the same mode that we have come to know and love from this fine group of folks.

I find it all very tiresome. and so unnecessary.
Instead of reading posts from people I have come to respect with relish, I find myself less and less willing to drudge through the crap.

I must assume that there are others like myself. I bet that if this was a strictly a commercial venture it would not be tolerated.
Old 09-10-2004 | 11:37 PM
Mike in Chi

Lifetime Rennlist

Dan

This is a commercial venture

John D lives in the biggest house in New Hampshire with a garage full of exotics.

We gladly pay for all that, just so we can be involved in discussions like these.

(Oops, sorry, I see you're not a paying member)
Old 09-10-2004 | 11:40 PM
Robert Henriksen
Addict
Rennlist Member

Old 09-10-2004 | 11:43 PM
Mike in Chi

Lifetime Rennlist

ROFL

(or is that RUFF-L ????)
Old 09-11-2004 | 12:02 AM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Premier Motorsp
Love him or hate him, you have to admit that he has been responsible for about 90% of all the posts on this board that are worth reading.
I think it's more accurate to say he's been responsible for John D having to buy more disk space
Old 09-11-2004 | 12:05 AM
forklift
Rennlist Member

I am tired of the train wreck. fwiw.
Old 09-11-2004 | 12:12 AM
DanS911
Pro

Ouch, Mike that hurts!

But come to think of it that might be exactly my point
Old 09-11-2004 | 12:23 AM
Mike in Chi

Lifetime Rennlist

Didn't mean to cause an "ouch", just pointing out the irony in what you said.

(and I did get your point)

Old 09-11-2004 | 12:27 AM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

While I think Color Change has raised some very valid points that often get blasted for his tiresomely arrogant responses, I would place far more credence in CC's posts if I felt he were an exceptional driver with experience rather than a newbie who, in the past, tried to pass off parade laps as part of his "track resume". Ugh. I would call that a bit of a credibility issue that occurred in the beginning and has made him a laughingstock who is looking to evolve into the town doctor who can cure what slows you. Moreover, in general, I find many of these posts, not all of them attributable to CC, to be less than informative and far more akin to internet static where you're straining to make out a clear signal. Too many damn opnions by too many "experts" who haven't won any races, Chris C. and Sunday Driver (hope I didn't miss any other talented drivers who have contributed to these threads) nothwithstanding.

I'm trying to get a better handle on vehicle dynamics and driver inputs so I can, of course, lower my lap times, but I've ignored most of these posts partly for their lack of content and partly for the inefficiency of the delivery. I finally bought Skip Barber's Going Faster and have received far more information out if it than these threads.
Old 09-11-2004 | 12:34 AM
Skip Wolfe
Drifting

I agree with Chris C. Yes there has been a bunch of crap associated with his threads, but they have brought out a lot of good info and have made me and many others think. Some of the best info on the Rennlist comes out of heated debates - you just need to sift through the garbage to find the good stuff.

I don't get people who feel compelled to read a thread and then exclaim that it was rubbish and a complete waste to read all 10+ pages. If you think a thread is crap...stop reading it. While I enjoyed most of the CC threads because they contained some theoretical meat to them which I enjoy sometimes, I did get tired of some of the lengthy ones so I stopped reading them...end of story. I didn't keep reading them to the point of causing myself great mental anguish as some seem to have done.
Old 09-11-2004 | 04:20 AM
Dan in Florida
Addict
Rennlist Member

Drivel. Let's move on.

Quick Reply: ColorChange summation