Sponsored by:

Gingerman Track Video 996tt

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2004 | 10:06 AM
Z-man
Race Director

Originally Posted by ColorChange
“What else am I supposed to do?”
Well, you can recognize that other's opinions are valid and that quite possibly, maybe there's a slight chance that your views and your approach to this driving stuff may be wrong.

While you may not have started some of the personal attacks, your lack of respect for other's opinions and they way you expressed this is just as abrasive as a personal attack. There is a difference between saying, "I disagree with your viewpoint" and saying, "You are an idiot for thinking that way."

-Zoltan, I think I just joined the LC crowd. Ya. Hoo.
Old 08-25-2004 | 10:46 AM
ColorChange
Three Wheelin'

I don't think I've called anyone an idiot before we were way into the personal attacks. If I did, point it out and I will apologize. While I do recognize the "arrogant" tone of many of my posts, I don't think that warrants a personal attack outside of saying I sound like an arrogant ***. I don't think I've ever jumped on someone for saying that because it is at least a reasonable criticism. When it goes beyond that, that's not called for. Similar to meeting a jerk. The guy may be a jerk and you can tell him so, but if you hit him, you’re out of line.

Final point, I don't believe I started ANY (not some) of the personal attacks (Chris W excpetion and already apologized for). If I have, I'll send you $50 and apologize to the offended.
Old 08-25-2004 | 11:36 AM
Z-man
Race Director

Tim: I have no personal issues with you - you've never attcked me, and hopefully I haven't attacked you, so it's all good in my book, and I won't be seeking any $50.00 for anybody.

You say you recognize your arrogant tone - I think that may be the root of why you feel you are being attacked unfairly. You may not have called anyone an idiot verbatum, but your arrogance can be interpretted as such! Why be so arrogant? You're just trying to get people's opinions here, and hopefully you're NOT here to rile folks up, unless, of course, you're a troll. (I don't think you are)

Typically, no one slams or attacks a person with a humble attitude.

Sorry: I think I've turned this thread into a shrink session. My wife (has a degree in psychology) must be proud!

GROUP HUG! (Now there's a friction circle I DON'T WANT TO SEE!)
-Z-man.

PS: I loathe Dr. Phil, btw.
Old 08-25-2004 | 12:41 PM
ColorChange
Three Wheelin'

If you knew me personally, I am extremely direct and communicate without much regard to ego (mine or others). I state things very directly. What many would accuse me of my own ego is in fact confidence. I write confidently because I am almost always correct when I state a fact, and usually correct when I state something as an opinion. My style of communication comes across badly in written words, not nearly so badly in person, and once you get used to it, most of my employees (and friends) like it. The arrogant tone is not normally intended, but I don’t want to take the time to re-write my posts to eliminate it. I would rather just take some flack for that. Unfortunately, many here have stepped way beyond that.

Ask F1ten if I am an arrogant *****. Ask Fishman, after he meets me at Putnam, what his opinion is of me. I think he will repeat what I have already said.
Old 08-25-2004 | 08:33 PM
Lothar
Rennlist Member

CC,

I'm quaking in my boots. You have called me out and threatened me with joining the ColorChange LC crowd. That's a good example of more childish behavior. I haven't run into anyone like you since the 5th grade school yard.

Grow up.

No I won't debate this or any other point with you. Hasn't everyone attacked you, since your definition of attack it to disagree with you. I know some of your LC crowd and I would rather spend my time conversing with them than you.
Old 08-25-2004 | 09:36 PM
Bob Rouleau

Still plays with cars.
Lifetime Rennlist

CC- Nice diatribe! I stand by my original statement and post. Anyone who wants to read the original thread I quoted will plainly see what you beliefs were. Over time you gradually modified your stance. That was why I wrote "but that's all changed now". As I recall, I was trying to explain why you were getting so much flak. Somehow you interpret that as an attack. Paranoia perhaps? Your definition of an "attack" is, to be kind, "special".

You true nature (should I say "color") emerged as you resorted to the name calling which caused such mirth in the original thread.

Lastly, I don't have to ask F1TEN about your character. Your behavior in this thread stands as mute testimony in the matter.
Old 08-25-2004 | 10:49 PM
ColorChange
Three Wheelin'

Sadly Bob, as does yours! You win.
Old 08-30-2004 | 01:53 PM
Brian P
Rennlist Member

Over the weekend, a friend and I were discussing this thread and also lamenting the cost of gas. So, we came up with a new motto that should be adopted by all HWFMR members...

"I'm not maximizing G-sum, I'm maximizing MPG-sum !"
Old 08-30-2004 | 04:23 PM
trumperZ06
Burning Brakes

undefinedundefined
Originally Posted by Bob Rouleau
CC- Nice diatribe! I stand by my original statement and post. Anyone who wants to read the original thread I quoted will plainly see what you beliefs were. Over time you gradually modified your stance. That was why I wrote "but that's all changed now". As I recall, I was trying to explain why you were getting so much flak. Somehow you interpret that as an attack. Paranoia perhaps? Your definition of an "attack" is, to be kind, "special".

You true nature (should I say "color") emerged as you resorted to the name calling which caused such mirth in the original thread.

Lastly, I don't have to ask F1TEN about your character. Your behavior in this thread stands as mute testimony in the matter.
A M E N

Quick Reply: Gingerman Track Video 996tt