Received 4,102 Likes on 1,837 Posts

Dr. Harry says I can't go.
Old 04-30-2024, 03:32 PM
Jas0nn
Pro

Received 354 Likes on 171 Posts

Originally Posted by LuigiVampa
Dr. Harry says I can't go.
Still holding out hope we'll see your name on Rennpoints - and not just our poster!

On a positive note: nearly 95 racers already signed up in less than 24 hours ...
The following users liked this post:
erliuic (04-30-2024)
Old 04-30-2024, 08:04 PM
esscape26
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default ...

As if the boneyard there doesn't get filled enough already, a sprint race on the first day. .... I guess in the words of Iverson... we're talking about practice, it's just practice, who needs practice....

How 'bout let's all try our hand at the edge of that new 13/13 thingy, and then be guaranteed if we get one that we'll have to sign up for races afterwards, and PCA can guarantee increased attendance. But the enduro has to be shortened because you know, it's Sunday, gotta get home early. We've lost our excitement for racing already...we ran out of tires, two sets are corded and flat-spotted, and we didn't have enough time to get them at the tire tent, even if we had the cash.

Forgive my sarcasm but who makes all these "new" ideas up? I could say more but ....

#26 or hopefully at the Glen, #27
Old 04-30-2024, 10:03 PM
Jas0nn
Pro

Originally Posted by esscape26
As if the boneyard there doesn't get filled enough already, a sprint race on the first day. .... I guess in the words of Iverson... we're talking about practice, it's just practice, who needs practice....

How 'bout let's all try our hand at the edge of that new 13/13 thingy, and then be guaranteed if we get one that we'll have to sign up for races afterwards, and PCA can guarantee increased attendance. But the enduro has to be shortened because you know, it's Sunday, gotta get home early. We've lost our excitement for racing already...we ran out of tires, two sets are corded and flat-spotted, and we didn't have enough time to get them at the tire tent, even if we had the cash.

Forgive my sarcasm but who makes all these "new" ideas up? I could say more but ....

#26 or hopefully at the Glen, #27
There is one guarantee when dealing with racers: someone will always complain ...

More racing time is ALWAYS good in my book. 100+ racers after 24 hours tells me a lot of races agree.

Last edited by Jas0nn; 05-01-2024 at 10:39 AM.
Old 05-01-2024, 10:15 AM
LuigiVampa
WRONGLY ACCUSED!
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Jas0nn
There is one guarantee when dealing with racers: someone will always complain ...

More racing time is ALWAYS good in my book. 100+ races after 24 hours tells me a lot of races agree.
What is one of the most rookie moves you can make in qualifying? Racing the car in front of you instead of backing off to get the best lap time possible.

What is my motivation for a "race" which doesn't count for points, but grids me by best lap time for the next race, and that next race counts for points? My motivation will be to get the best time for the next race.

More racing is almost always a good thing, but this is a quali session disguised as a race.
Old 05-01-2024, 10:35 AM
Jas0nn
Pro

What is one of the most rookie moves you can make in qualifying? Racing the car in front of you instead of backing off to get the best lap time possible.

What is my motivation for a "race" which doesn't count for points, but grids me by best lap time for the next race, and that next race counts for points? My motivation will be to get the best time for the next race.

More racing is almost always a good thing, but this is a quali session disguised as a race.
Hate to break it to you: most people don't care about points!

And that's increasingly true the more cars there are in the class. I guarantee Sprint 1 will be a full on race in CUP. I'm leading both Championships and will still be going for the win. But I guess I'm a rookie ...
Old 05-01-2024, 10:49 AM
TREMPER
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts

Well said JasOnn. I totally agree is why we added a third Sprint..who need practice as said by A I..
Old 05-01-2024, 10:52 AM
LuigiVampa
WRONGLY ACCUSED!
Rennlist Member

Hate to break it to you: most people don't care about points!

And that's increasingly true the more cars there are in the class. I guarantee Sprint 1 will be a full on race in CUP. I'm leading both Championships and will still be going for the win. But I guess I'm a rookie ...
I've raced hard at Monticello Motor Club where the only trophy was a chocolate chip cookie. But at least I knew I was racing for something.

If I have a choice for grid position for the next points race, versus a win in a tarted up fun race, I will choose grid position for the points race.

I'll offer a chocolate chip cookie for the 911CUP who wins Sprint 1 so the winner can feel good about their effort.
The following users liked this post:
analogmike (05-01-2024)
Old 05-01-2024, 10:58 AM
Jas0nn
Pro

I've raced hard at Monticello Motor Club where the only trophy was a chocolate chip cookie. But at least I knew I was racing for something.

If I have a choice for grid position for the next points race, versus a win in a tarted up fun race, I will choose grid position for the points race.

I'll offer a chocolate chip cookie for the 911CUP who wins Sprint 1 so the winner can feel good about their effort.
Winning isn't enough? Beating everyone else makes me feel better than any piece of metal or plastic - or even chocolate cookie - ever could!
Old 05-01-2024, 11:00 AM
TREMPER
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts

In fact we had a schedule that had a fourth Sprint race on Sunday morning before the enduros, but the Stewards said no. Back in 2007 we had to fight to get a two Sprint Saturday Maybe next year we can have a four sprint plus enduro weekend
Old 05-01-2024, 11:23 AM
Speeds5
Burning Brakes

Received 186 Likes on 97 Posts

Sign me up for that!!!

Originally Posted by TREMPER
In fact we had a schedule that had a fourth Sprint race on Sunday morning before the enduros, but the Stewards said no. Back in 2007 we had to fight to get a two Sprint Saturday Maybe next year we can have a four sprint plus enduro weekend
Old 05-01-2024, 11:29 AM
LuigiVampa
WRONGLY ACCUSED!
Rennlist Member

Winning isn't enough? Beating everyone else makes me feel better than any piece of metal or plastic - or even chocolate cookie - ever could!
You're debating how this makes you feel. I'm bringing up the reality of the primary motivation for a non-points race.

I love that there is a third race, but let's change the rules to make every race a points race. It's no more or less fair than the variation in bonus points a racer can earn based on class participation in any race weekend.
Old 05-01-2024, 11:40 AM
Jas0nn
Pro

Originally Posted by TREMPER
Hell ya - now that's a proper schedule right there!!
Old 05-01-2024, 03:11 PM
erliuic
Instructor

Received 48 Likes on 36 Posts

More racing time is ALWAYS good in my book. 100+ racers after 24 hours tells me a lot of races agree.
The following 2 users liked this post by erliuic:
Jas0nn (05-01-2024), PhillyGT3 (05-02-2024)
Old 05-01-2024, 03:53 PM
Jas0nn
Pro

Originally Posted by erliuic
word.

Quick Reply: Zone 1 Clubrace @ WGI a.k.a "The Clash"