Received 102 Likes on 52 Posts

The following users liked this post:
LuigiVampa (06-08-2024)
Old 06-07-2024, 04:29 PM
dgrobs
Rennlist Member

Received 1,682 Likes on 1,143 Posts

Originally Posted by LuigiVampa
National has gotten used to treating the members like the proletariat.
Huh? What does a Triple Crown winner have to do with this?
Old 06-07-2024, 06:20 PM
thebishman
Burning Brakes

Received 421 Likes on 245 Posts

Originally Posted by LuigiVampa
It actually takes a lot to get me to this point, but once I am there, I am like a grenade with the pin pulled.

Something to keep in mind - Porsche Club of America is OUR club, not their club. National has gotten used to treating the members like the proletariat. We're important when it comes time to pay the dues, but otherwise, keep your mouth shut.

I don't think I am fighting PCA because I am one of PCA's members. I am fighting the mismanagement and abuse perpetrated by a small cadre of people at the top who view PCA as their own personal plaything.

Whenever you bend the knee, in the hopes that the person oppressing you will stop, all it does is empower them. I am now way past the point where I will give in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofFS...%23FixBayonets
Neville ****ing Chamberlin. What a tool!

Great symbolism for the time we live in both on a Micro and Macro level though!

Go get ‘em, Todd!
The following 2 users liked this post by thebishman:
LuigiVampa (06-08-2024), Matt Romanowski (06-07-2024)
Old 06-07-2024, 06:53 PM
Nowanker
Burning Brakes

Location: Formerly the DPRK, now seeking political asylum in Oregon
Received 547 Likes on 330 Posts

Originally Posted by dgrobs
Huh? What does a Triple Crown winner have to do with this?
Well...
Todd is being rode hard.
Old 06-07-2024, 07:04 PM
dgrobs
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Nowanker
Well...
Todd is being rode hard.
Wow. Well done ******.
Didn’t think anyone would pick up on that. Very obscure, I would have thought the analogy was too far out there to get picked up, but damn, well done. I was thinking “getting ridden” as opposed to “rode hard”, but you nailed it. Impressive.

He is being rode hard AND ridden hard for sure.

Poor Todd…
Old 06-07-2024, 07:07 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 3,210 Likes on 1,850 Posts

Wow. Well done ******.
Smart crowd!
"Combining the Art and Science of Driving Fast!"
Specializing in Professional, Private Driver Performance Evaluation and Optimization
Consultation Available Remotely and at VIRginia International Raceway

Old 06-07-2024, 08:59 PM
R717
Advanced

Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts

Why not give them the paperwork they want, race, then get a group together and go after whoever you want? A group like that led by someone like Todd might just be able to get things done.
Also, and I have been waiting for this to happen since the beginning, if Todd is so in the right choosing the path he has chosen to go, whether standing on principal or just fighting the good fight, why have no other PCA racers boycotted PCA Club Racing on Todd's behalf. Again, on Todd's behalf.
As far as I know, while not racing is the path Todd chose, he is ALONE in that path. I don't know of another single Club Racer who is boycotting PCA Club Racing because of what they are doing to Todd. Have you? Maybe I missed it? Are there any club racers who have said "I'm cancelling this race because of what PCA is doing to Todd" or "I'm not gonna race with PCA this season until Todd gets some recourse?"
A few points here, 1. Acquiescing by providing "data" (which is not defined - three nights? Five nights? Thirty consecutive nights two years ago? Every night since your initial sleep study 18 years ago?) invalidates the principle of the entire matter, it also diminishes any urgency or purpose driving a resolution and as necessary, a change in structure, bylaws, or leadership. I know you understand this, but the data isn't the issue, it's allowing tyrants (let's call them what they are) to make and perpetuate untenable proclamations and mandates on the plebians. 2. I understand you're trying to make a point about "racers aren't SO upset about this that they will penalize themselves by skipping/boycotting PCA races." Although to my knowledge, your claim is not untrue, I personally know of a few individuals who have recently (as in the past three years) left PCA racing as a direct result of the policy in question. Although Todd hasn't pointed it out, there have been inconsistencies in the application of the policy in question. As pointed out earlier in this thread, the folks I'm referring to just went elsewhere. The real unfortunate result of this is it adds more individuals and anecdotes to the ranks of people who demean PCA and its membership.

Last edited by R717; 06-07-2024 at 10:09 PM.
The following 4 users liked this post by R717:
Estoril (06-07-2024), LuigiVampa (06-08-2024), Matt Romanowski (06-07-2024), thebishman (06-08-2024)
Old 06-07-2024, 10:23 PM
R717
Advanced

Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts

How many days has it been?
Old 06-07-2024, 10:48 PM
dgrobs
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by R717
A few points here, 1. Acquiescing by providing "data" (which is not defined - three nights? Five nights? Thirty consecutive nights two years ago? Every night since your initial sleep study 18 years ago?) invalidates the principle of the entire matter, it also diminishes any urgency or purpose driving a resolution and as necessary, a change in structure, bylaws, or leadership. I know you understand this, but the data isn't the issue, it's allowing tyrants (let's call them what they are) to make and perpetuate untenable proclamations and mandates on the plebians. 2. I understand you're trying to make a point about "racers aren't SO upset about this that they will penalize themselves by skipping/boycotting PCA races." Although to my knowledge, your claim is not untrue, I personally know of a few individuals who have recently (as in the past three years) left PCA racing as a direct result of the policy in question. Although Todd hasn't pointed it out, there have been inconsistencies in the application of the policy in question. As pointed out earlier in this thread, the folks I'm referring to just went elsewhere. The real unfortunate result of this is it adds more individuals and anecdotes to the ranks of people who demean PCA and its membership.
Yes, while a few have left over the last few years, none have left since THIS began. I purposely repeated the phrase “On Todds’ Behalf” for a reason. Who has left PCA Club Racing because this is happening to Todd? I tried to make that as clear as I could without repeating it a 3rd time.
The fight is a noble one for sure. It’s still a fight that Todd is fighting alone right now. A fight he is losing as it stands today. No one is walking away from Club Racing because of Todd. He wouldn’t want that anyway. He said that.
He can race right now and take this fight up with a bunch of his track family (including myself) at a different time. Todd is still not racing with PCA, the group he loves to race with most, or at least did. That’s where his friends are. He’s been doing this a long long time, and not just racing.
His efforts would be better justified and much more productive by getting a group of these friends together and take the fight to PCA, not the other way around. And make no mistake, Todd can be racing with PCA right now while making plans to fight this on another level. While it’s noble to be a martyr, martyrs are still the ones that die. Why go about it that way. He can race and fight them at the same time. The current route is accomplishing nothing except for keeping him from racing with the people he wants to race with most.
I will see him Sunday Monday and Tuesday this week, and I’m sure we will break bread and toss a few back together, and talk, and maybe, just maybe, I will better understand his thinking in person. Im Glad he’s at least still driving and hanging with his CVR friends, so there’s that.
ldamelio (06-08-2024)
Old 06-07-2024, 10:55 PM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 937 Likes on 567 Posts

Todd is fighting for all PCA members. I've had people tell me since similar stories to his with the medical committee. And there are lots of stories that are similar with other parts of PCA. I have made my best friends through PCA, but I think Todd is 100% right in this and in his fight.
The following 5 users liked this post by Matt Romanowski:
85Gold (06-09-2024), jakermc (06-08-2024), LuigiVampa (06-08-2024), R717 (06-08-2024), thebishman (06-08-2024)
Old 06-08-2024, 02:30 AM
Estoril
Instructor

Received 102 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by R717

How many days has it been?
Scroll up.
Old 06-08-2024, 08:33 AM
RossP
Rennlist Member

Received 271 Likes on 169 Posts

Yes, while a few have left over the last few years, none have left since THIS began. I purposely repeated the phrase “On Todds’ Behalf” for a reason. Who has left PCA Club Racing because this is happening to Todd?
I think what's more likely going on is people deciding not to START racing with PCA because of situations like this. If you are already racing with PCA, part of the "in" crowd etc. this might not have any impact on you. But if you are deciding where to go racing and looking at all options....things like this dont paint a positive picture of the PCA racing experience. Assuming the comments around dwindling PCA CR attendance are true, this is a logical conclusion. Ill say it again for the people in the back........the market for racing series at this level is a competitive market. There are only a finite number of people out there who have the means (financial, time, etc) to pursue it. Some series clearly understand this and some dont.
The following 3 users liked this post by RossP:
dbf73 (06-17-2024), LuigiVampa (06-08-2024), thebishman (06-08-2024)
Old 06-08-2024, 08:39 AM
dgrobs
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by RossP
I think what's more likely going on is people deciding not to START racing with PCA because of situations like this. If you are already racing with PCA, part of the "in" crowd etc. this might not have any impact on you. But if you are deciding where to go racing and looking at all options....things like this dont paint a positive picture of the PCA racing experience. Assuming the comments around dwindling PCA CR attendance are true, this is a logical conclusion. Ill say it again for the people in the back........the market for racing series at this level is a competitive market. There are only a finite number of people out there who have the means (financial, time, etc) to pursue it. Some series clearly understand this and some dont.
Truth
Old 06-08-2024, 08:46 AM
dgrobs
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Matt Romanowski
Todd is fighting for all PCA members. I've had people tell me since similar stories to his with the medical committee. And there are lots of stories that are similar with other parts of PCA. I have made my best friends through PCA, but I think Todd is 100% right in this and in his fight.
Yes, Todd is right. No one is questioning that.
My point is the means, not the ends.
No question Todd is in the right. No question The Medical Committee is in the wrong.
What I am questioning is the method and the means. There’s a better way to do this that allows him to still race.
Of course I realize that he is fighting for all PCA members. Hell, he’s fighting for me and you and everyone who may be hurt down the road by how the medical committee operates. I understand that.
I also realize that the only one being hurt by Todds’ fight right now is Todd.
I am not questioning his ends. Those are noble and they are needed.
I am questioning the means.
When you cut off your nose to spite your face, both suffer….
The following 2 users liked this post by dgrobs:
ldamelio (06-08-2024), Manifold (06-08-2024)
Old 06-08-2024, 09:53 AM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

Location: Mid-Atlantic (on land, not in the middle of the ocean)
Received 4,360 Likes on 2,482 Posts

Yes, Todd is right. No one is questioning that.
My point is the means, not the ends.
No question Todd is in the right. No question The Medical Committee is in the wrong.
What I am questioning is the method and the means. There’s a better way to do this that allows him to still race.
Of course I realize that he is fighting for all PCA members. Hell, he’s fighting for me and you and everyone who may be hurt down the road by how the medical committee operates. I understand that.
I also realize that the only one being hurt by Todds’ fight right now is Todd.
I am not questioning his ends. Those are noble and they are needed.
I am questioning the means.
When you cut off your nose to spite your face, both suffer….
You and I have a similar view on this.

There are many causes worth fighting for in the world, and this particular injustice wouldn't be my hill to die on. PCA is just a car club, it's not a business, it's not a government agency, it's just an avenue for people who own or like Porsches to socialize. It's a big enough club that it needs an organizational structure to manage the social activities which it organizes. The people who fill roles in the organizational structure are generally volunteers, and there's no rigorous interview or voting process by which they become selected for their positions. Inevitably, there are plenty of instances where members of the club are mistreated by people in leadership positions, and some people stop attending events because of that. But let's be honest: overall, the club operates pretty well, there's plenty of attendance at events, and members generally enjoy their experience attending events. The club is not in need of massive reform. And disbanding the medical committee and replacing some leaders in the club isn't a massive reform anyway, it's just an adjustment.

So I think the practical thing to do here is just give them some data that they've asked for, even if the request for the data makes no sense. Then PCA can check their boxes and say that they prevailed in this conflict and can restore Luigi's license, and Luigi can get back to racing and hanging out with his racing friends. And no, giving PCA the data isn't a slippery slope, PCA isn't going to keep asking for more and more things. Because of this thread and the aggravation they're experiencing, these PCA leaders want this conflict to end as much as anyone, and they'll be less likely to pick fights with members like this again. In that sense, even if Luigi gives them the data, he will have won.
hbdunn (06-08-2024)

Quick Reply: PCA medical committee revoked my race license