Sponsored by:

Need to re-calibrate intercomp fill, bleed tire gauges

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2021, 02:42 PM
Last_935
Rennlist Member

Received 307 Likes on 169 Posts

Originally Posted by winders
What's better, the ball chuck or the angle chuck?
I prefer the angled chuck as you have a place to put your finger for leverage when pushing it onto the valve stem. The down side is that there can be some clearance issues depending on the location and angle of the stem as it relates to the wheel lip.
Old 01-28-2021, 02:45 PM
Last_935
Rennlist Member

Received 307 Likes on 169 Posts

Originally Posted by stujelly
this is the one we use at the track and the one I am buying for the house

https://www.amazon.com/Intercomp-360...ag=googhydr-20
+1
Old 01-28-2021, 10:30 PM
ExMB
Rennlist Member

Received 1,336 Likes on 815 Posts

Originally Posted by my first 911
what are your thoughts on the Longacre digital (which is what I currently own)

Thanks,
Dave
There is more than 1 version of the digital.

Bye Dave

Old 02-08-2021, 11:35 AM
HenryPcar
Three Wheelin'

Received 233 Likes on 168 Posts

Originally Posted by LuigiVampa
I have an Intercomp digital and have always been told they recalibrate for a small fee. Haven't done it yet since mine is only a couple of years old.

I had one of the oil filled ones. A few years back my car was acting crazy - oversteer and understeer. I asked Spencer *** to take it for a drive. He comes in after one lap, grabs his Intercomp digital gauge and finds out all my Hoosiers were around 45 pounds! My gauge was showing around 32 pounds!

I bought the digital Intercomp right after that.

Another thumbs up for Intercomp digital. My is crazy accurate down to 1/99 psi. Crazy expensive too,
Old 02-09-2021, 09:36 PM
Slow RSA
Rennlist Member

Received 53 Likes on 42 Posts

I’m not sure if intercomp does the same, but I sent my analog longacre in for service about 2 weeks ago. It was consistently 1.5 psi off everybody else’s digital ones after 4 years of gentle use. $25 and a one month turnaround and I should have it zeroed in. Fingers crossed.
Old 02-09-2021, 10:21 PM
ExMB
Rennlist Member

Received 1,336 Likes on 815 Posts

Originally Posted by Slow RSA
I’m not sure if intercomp does the same, but I sent my analog longacre in for service about 2 weeks ago. It was consistently 1.5 psi off everybody else’s digital ones after 4 years of gentle use. $25 and a one month turnaround and I should have it zeroed in. Fingers crossed.
Why do you think that "everybody else's" digital was accurate? You didn't mention a brand and you presume that digital = accurate.
Old 02-10-2021, 09:26 AM
Slow RSA
Rennlist Member

Received 53 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by ExMB
Why do you think that "everybody else's" digital was accurate? You didn't mention a brand and you presume that digital = accurate.

I checked two digital and one liquid filled analog immediately for comparison. The other three were calibrated, mine was +1.5psi. Worst case scenario is that I'm out the $25 for the service fee, but I'll definitely be looking for a digital intercomp or longacre in the future. Up until reading this thread, I never realized how frequently inaccurate these gages are.
Old 02-10-2021, 09:51 AM
my first 911
Rennlist Member

Received 102 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by Slow RSA
I checked two digital and one liquid filled analog immediately for comparison. The other three were calibrated, mine was +1.5psi. Worst case scenario is that I'm out the $25 for the service fee, but I'll definitely be looking for a digital intercomp or longacre in the future. Up until reading this thread, I never realized how frequently inaccurate these gages are.
Slow RSA, not to hijack this thread but what is going on in your avatar

Quick Reply: Need to re-calibrate intercomp fill, bleed tire gauges