918 PTS GT3 RS Orange seen in NYC

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2015, 08:41 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 109 Likes on 72 Posts
Default Danke Larryf...

Originally Posted by Larryf

This is not the cali car, it is NY based and that is the name of the PTS color ordered from Porsche off their approved PTS list for the 918 buyers
Damn...if this line of questioning led us to have you reveal that 'up-to-now-never-published' approved PTS list for the 918 it was worth the effort! The colors on the list means that each of these hues was requested by a 918 client, tested & approved. And most likely, the 918 customer went ahead with the order after his color request was approved by PAG.

Thank you Larry for giving us a peak at this list. I have asked about it numerous time from 'Porsche Exclusive' & others. And until now, nobody had stepped up to the plate! You are the man.

Saludos,
Eduardo
Currently in Düsseldorf
Old 07-24-2015, 12:44 AM
Larryf
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'll one up on the list: here's the breakdown of the cars coming into the States...
it doesn't breakout the PTS colors but gives you an idea on how many PTS's were done.

Old 07-24-2015, 03:32 AM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Larry:

A question for you: What about 'Arrow Blue'?

Originally Posted by Footsoldier
...The color is Arrow Blue (305) and is the only 918 in that shade. I hadn't seen any pics of the finished car until they took the wraps off on Tuesday morning, but very happy how it turned out. When I went to the factory (Stuttgart..!) to spec, was going to go Voodoo, but the 918 concierge was unsurprisingly a Porsche expert and knew that Arrow was a more classic equivalent.

Don't know if the list is incomplete - perhaps Footsoldier's choosing 'Arrow' happened after this list was compiled???

Or if the second 'Mexico Blue' on the list was a typo & should have said 'Arrow' instead?

Does the list(s) you kindly provided us have a date of issue listed somewhere?

I'll one up on the list: here's the breakdown of the cars coming into the States...
it doesn't breakout the PTS colors but gives you an idea on how many PTS's were done.

Please keep this information flowing...it's great!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Currently in Düsseldorf Germany

Old 07-24-2015, 09:07 AM
Larryf
Rennlist Member

The PTS price list was as of Dec 2014, so there were quite a few cars coming out after that date which could/did have additional PTS's added as car below. For instance: there is a Hippie car that was done to replicate the 917 from 1970, one of the very last cars to be finished. It's not on the price list. I have yet to see an updated final list out there but I could ask around. As for the US car numbers on the second list: that should be the total count without breakouts.
Old 07-24-2015, 11:35 AM
JS
Race Car

Received 474 Likes on 317 Posts

Looks better on the RS.
Old 07-24-2015, 12:49 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

For instance: there is a Hippie car that was done to replicate the 917 from 1970, one of the very last cars to be finished.

Cool brother! Looks like Zuffenhausen is all peace & love...the Haight-Ashbury district of Stuttgart!

I find it amazing that PAG bent backwards to get the 918 customers all of these PTS options.
I was told by executives from 'Porsche Exclusive' in Zuffenhausen one week ago that they even
allowed 'Sport Classic Grey', which I see on your 918 PTS approved list dated 12/2014. But in
addition, the MY2011 Speedster's 'Pure Blue' was duplicated in] a 918. Up to this point,
these rare or Limited Edition colors had been 'blocked' by PAG for any request of PTS.

However, 991 gt3 RS customers, which are spending a NOT a inconsequential $200K sum
for their sport models, are left without much information or guidance on their PTS requests.

Saludos,
Eduardo
Düsseldorf Germany
Old 07-24-2015, 03:00 PM
Larryf
Rennlist Member

I've put in a request through my contacts for a final updated list. Hopefully I'll get it. I can tell you that PAG didn't bend over all the time for PTS requests and other personalized options. For instance, the owner of the orange below wished to have the calipers painted in the same PTS to match the body and it was a big NEIN!! PAG wouldn't accept any dollar amount to do it, unlike Ferrari or McLaren MSO who are more than happy to slap a price tag on anything.
Old 07-30-2015, 09:13 AM
908/3fan
Burning Brakes

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Orange??

. . . .
Old 08-01-2015, 12:26 PM
unotaz
Drifting

Received 868 Likes on 384 Posts

I've put in a request through my contacts for a final updated list. Hopefully I'll get it. I can tell you that PAG didn't bend over all the time for PTS requests and other personalized options. For instance, the owner of the orange below wished to have the calipers painted in the same PTS to match the body and it was a big NEIN!! PAG wouldn't accept any dollar amount to do it, unlike Ferrari or McLaren MSO who are more than happy to slap a price tag on anything.
Very interesting, because the last 918 produced had a special red and a matching brake caliper to go with it. Of course, this car belonged to the Porsche board member so they did everything he wanted.

That particular car also had a really nasty painted bright red center gauge ring, with bright red painted interior pieces, which didn't match the exterior dark red.
Old 08-01-2015, 12:29 PM
unotaz
Drifting

The PTS price list was as of Dec 2014, so there were quite a few cars coming out after that date which could/did have additional PTS's added as car below. For instance: there is a Hippie car that was done to replicate the 917 from 1970, one of the very last cars to be finished. It's not on the price list. I have yet to see an updated final list out there but I could ask around. As for the US car numbers on the second list: that should be the total count without breakouts.
Yes, as the last customer to visit the production line on June 18, it was the full Gulf livery car, which was headed to Canada.
Old 08-01-2015, 12:33 PM
unotaz
Drifting

This is not the cali car, it is NY based and that is the name of the PTS color ordered from Porsche off their approved PTS list for the 918 buyers
I wonder what is the difference between Oryx white and Pearl White (L947) to justify the price difference?
Old 08-01-2015, 02:27 PM
Larryf
Rennlist Member

Sorry to say PCNA refuses to cough up the final PTS list as they deem it to be a national secret. They seem to think clients will get upset, so the above is as good as it gets.
Old 08-01-2015, 05:53 PM
Footsoldier
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

On Arrow Blue (or Blau): I visited the factory in September 2014. I chose Arrow as first choice (code 305), when helpfully suggested by concierge as being an historic Porsche color which was closest to voodoo blue. (That was my pre-visit choice).

They had around 12-15 small 918 shaped models in various shades of blue to look at, after a previous customer had requested a full suite of blue choices to be produced.

You could choose any color at all, not just from a shortlist. 'Standard' PTS which Arrow was, then a more difficult and more expensive PTS, and finally the most expensive being the liquid metallics. If I recall the prices were EURO €15k, 25k and 40k respectively, inc Euro tax. Voodoo was my reserve choice just in case Arrow didn't pass technical tests, which was very unlikely.

It took 4-6 weeks for the Arrow blue to be tested and approved as a 'standard' PTS, and then I received another sample to look at, which was to becomes an official part of the factory 918 archive.

I received that on 18 Nov 2014 and signed off order at same date. So, before the cutoff date of list, which must be linked to production dates not orders?

I then kept quiet about color choice... and collected car at end May. At the tail end of 918 production, I emailed Porsche and they confirmed my car is the only 1 of 918 in Arrow Blue. Which is nice! Not the only benefit of factory spec trip, but probably the biggest.

PS - I like the Orange...
Old 08-01-2015, 05:59 PM
Footsoldier
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

This is pretty accurate photo of color, although it does change in light. This is post detailing and slightly darker and definitely more shiny than ex-factory.
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: 918 PTS GT3 RS Orange seen in NYC