Old 10-15-2006, 08:08 PM
MJones
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Interesting CGT NEWS

There are no CGT available in the ROW.
The only available stock is in the US

Some US dealers in the states are being relieved of their cars that have been sitting in showrooms for shipment to and homes in other countries such as Dubi.

Old 10-15-2006, 09:36 PM
Woodster
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If this is true, the U.S. market cars could become more interesting...

MK
Old 10-15-2006, 11:18 PM
Thomas g.
Intermediate

Default Carrera GT news

This is absolutely true. I made calls on many, if not most, of the carrera GT's for sale in the last two months. At first I didn't believe it when a dealer, who had a car sitting for over a year, told me he got full price (415,000 USD) from the Porsche factory as a buy back. The car was to be converted to euro specs at the factory and then sent to England to a customer. Then the owner of a Porsche dealership, who I personally know, told me that PAG bought back their car as well. I have followed the sales closely the last two months and cars are selling. I have not seen the free fall that some have predicted, in fact they appear to have stabilized somewhat. USA GT's are a relative bargain for euro customers at the moment. For 250,000 euro you can buy a virtually brand new 2005 Carrera GT in the USA with 3 years left on the warranty. That’s one more year of warranty than the new euro ones ever had. PAG does honor the US warranty overseas, I know this from first hand experience. When the new 997 GT2 comes out priced at about 195,000 euro, the US GT prices are going to look like a deal. Anyone who thinks these cars are going to $250,000 USD any time soon, needs to put the crack pipe down.
Old 10-16-2006, 06:42 PM
Likemystoppie?
Banned

Talking

Originally Posted by Thomas g.
This is absolutely true. I made calls on many, if not most, of the carrera GT's for sale in the last two months. At first I didn't believe it when a dealer, who had a car sitting for over a year, told me he got full price (415,000 USD) from the Porsche factory as a buy back. The car was to be converted to euro specs at the factory and then sent to England to a customer. Then the owner of a Porsche dealership, who I personally know, told me that PAG bought back their car as well. I have followed the sales closely the last two months and cars are selling. I have not seen the free fall that some have predicted, in fact they appear to have stabilized somewhat. USA GT's are a relative bargain for euro customers at the moment. For 250,000 euro you can buy a virtually brand new 2005 Carrera GT in the USA with 3 years left on the warranty. That’s one more year of warranty than the new euro ones ever had. PAG does honor the US warranty overseas, I know this from first hand experience. When the new 997 GT2 comes out priced at about 195,000 euro, the US GT prices are going to look like a deal. Anyone who thinks these cars are going to $250,000 USD any time soon, needs to put the crack pipe down.
I have a bet with someone about that. I'm in complete aggreement with you!!!
Old 10-30-2006, 07:37 AM
bergmeister
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 1 Post

There are plenty of c gt for sale in england, euro,dubia etc
Prices are falling.one car for sale @180,ooo english pounds,23,000 miles.
Still lots of unsold new cars available
Old 10-30-2006, 09:29 AM
stefan einz
Instructor

As far as I am aware all 49 official UK cars have been sold (with the final 50th car (reclaimed from the US) shortly to be delivered), but there are a small number for resale with only delivery miles – fairly typically for this sort of car. Prices range between £290k and £330k for such cars, based on a review of various vendors’ websites. The 23,000 mile car is for sale at £199,995 per the vendor’s website, not £180k. Most second hand cars with low miles seem to be advertised in a range from £250k to £280k. Clearly the market has not settled, but I don’t think it’s correct to say, without qualification, that “prices are falling”.

Also, glancing at the US Porsche dealer websites, it does seem as if the number of unsold cars (which was 20 or so cars a month or two ago) has fallen – does anyone have access to the latest figures?

Kind regards

Steve
Old 10-30-2006, 10:28 AM
Likemystoppie?
Banned

Originally Posted by bergmeister
There are plenty of c gt for sale in england, euro,dubia etc
Prices are falling.one car for sale @180,ooo english pounds,23,000 miles.
Still lots of unsold new cars available

We're talking about NEW cars for the apples to apples comparo. A CGT w/ 23k on the clocks is in a catagory all by it's self at this point. You cannot compare the two.
Old 10-30-2006, 02:14 PM
Thomas g.
Intermediate

£199,995 = $384,000 and that's for a car with 23,000 miles? That's not cheap! I'll repeat myself, a CGT in the US is a great deal for europeans. I have a 996 gt2 in europe and a CGT in the US. I am considering buying a new 997 gt2 or the 430 CS there, if either comes out. I think in terms of dollars because that is what I earn my money in. The 997 gt2 (with a two year warranty) is going to be at least 190,000 euro = $240,000. You can get a low mile(less that 2,000 mi) CGT with a 4 year warranty (with three years left) for about 240,000 euro. The CGT is a relative deal in my book.
Old 11-02-2006, 04:52 PM
bergmeister
Advanced

The 189 is cheap in the uk at the moment,i believe it is sold,and 189 did buy the car .
yes the cgt is a lot cheaper in the usa,because of the £ vs $ is good at the moment.I am looking at buying a car in the usa if you know of any nice low miles cars available.Looking for either red,black or silver.
Just missed one car in usa for 295$,thats £155k in our money,which is cheap,we do have to pay 17.5% vat on top also.Still cheaper than the uk cars.
The cars in the uk/ are to expensive,and will need to drop if they want to sell them.One dealer in germany has 3 new cars,all for full list!,and has had for some time now.
Old 11-02-2006, 11:25 PM
Woodster
Drifting

Default Fable-meister:

Please substantiate one of your many outrageous comments and claims about CGT prices:

specifically; for $295,000 us dollars: what year, color, and miles please?
any other "cute" history on this particular car you "just missed"?
where was it for sale?

MK
Old 11-03-2006, 09:55 AM
yetis
Three Wheelin'

MJones: You seem to have a pretty accurate source. A local dealer (porsche of Roslyn), has one on their lot they are selling as new at full retail!
Old 11-03-2006, 10:00 AM
yetis
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Woodster
Please substantiate one of your many outrageous comments and claims about CGT prices:

specifically; for $295,000 us dollars: what year, color, and miles please?
any other "cute" history on this particular car you "just missed"?
where was it for sale?

MK
Well, there is a dealer according to cars.com, selling one at $329k and four at $339k. Assuming a dealer is willing to move a little, your getting close.... That said, assuming Euro's would have to pay a 17% VAT on top of an already expensive car, its easy to see why these cars are moving to other countries. Hell, there is even a demand for used US Cayennes in Russia!
Old 11-03-2006, 05:48 PM
917Driver
Intermediate

15 New CGT's in the USA as of today. One of the last two Black/Terracotta NEW CGT's is expected to sell for $410,000.00 later today. It will stay in the USA. Very reliable source.
Old 11-03-2006, 06:03 PM
bergmeister
Advanced

I will inform you of all details,when i return from the US.
How do you find out where the 15 new cars are in the us.As i am looking for a very low miles or new car.
Any top tips on checking the clutch out for wear.
Old 11-03-2006, 06:23 PM
GoFastKindaGuy
Instructor

According to the book:
Clutch lining wear can be checked without taking the transmission apart, but the rear axel undertray needs to be removed. Then remove the cover on the underside of the gearbox. Measure clearance between first and third intermediate plates. Nominal is 31 mm. Minimum is 28 mm.

If you are concerned, you should have a CGT technician do this as part of a pre-purchase inspection.

Quick Reply: Interesting CGT NEWS