Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2012, 09:58 PM
fstockcarrera
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by analogmike
LOL! nothing about (driving) talent
Disappointing.

I driven against some great drivers., and always welcomed the challenge. I was always most impress with the drovers that win consistently across multiple spec classes and continue to set track records when seeking a different challenge. You guys know who your are.

But I have often seen a driver held in high regard fail when they move to a spec class instead of driving a one off car in a gt class.

You should welcome the competition because without them you are not measuring anything.

There is a long list of guys that I would like to drive against again, Charley B, Chris M, Mark H .... I could go on but Baron is on that list.

Mike Really!. Come on! Just Drive!

Sorry Bill this thread went this way.
Old 05-01-2012, 11:26 PM
uponegear
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

All my lap records are with a 2005 spec sealed 996 cup engine (have the invoice). I dont care if you put a 4.5 liter engine in a 996 cup a 997 should beat it!!!!!!!!!! 997 has better aero,wider rubber,bigger brakes,Sequntial gear box, NO cats (headers) ETC BARON stop driving the tires off!!! you know who this is.
Old 05-01-2012, 11:37 PM
fstockcarrera
Rennlist Member

onegear,

Can I get inline for your car when you are done with it.? Sweet.! Should have bought the last one. Oh well.
Old 05-01-2012, 11:43 PM
S4_Killer
Intermediate

While very appreciated, you can feed off someone else's negativity, or you feed of the positivity, lap records will be destroyed year after year, but without the continuous need to go faster we'd all just be beating our dicks. Mike is a commendable driver and although he's slower than me, I'm probably about 20 years younger, and there's no coach in the world that can make up that difference alone. He may have misjudged his claims, but that doesn't mean he's up for extermination.
Old 05-01-2012, 11:48 PM
fstockcarrera
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by S4_Killer
While very appreciated, you can feed off someone else's negativity, or you feed of the positivity, lap records will be destroyed year after year, but without the continuous need to go faster we'd all just be beating our dicks. Mike is a commendable driver and although he's slower than me, I'm probably about 20 years younger, and there's no coach in the world that can make up that difference alone. He may have misjudged his claims, but that doesn't mean he's up for extermination.
Agreed, but you are giving youth credit it does not deserve. It lies elsewhere.
Old 05-02-2012, 12:49 AM
S4_Killer
Intermediate

Originally Posted by fstockcarrera
Agreed, but you are giving youth credit it does not deserve. It lies elsewhere.
The fear of the Wolf has enabled and has shown what lap times can't
Old 05-02-2012, 01:06 AM
fstockcarrera
Rennlist Member

The fear of the Wolf has enabled and has shown what lap times can't http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6sgOhVct0w
Ok You got me. Wolf? Wtf.

About the video, I can see the nuance of you big bend line, nice!, and in the left handed , well your just copying me. The uphill is a big yawn. Been there done that . FYI you would be faster with your front wheels on the ground. West bend and the down hill I have your early partial to full throttle points memorized. So what is so special about that lap except the time. O yeah yooooouths.

Nice Bob
Old 05-02-2012, 07:56 AM
S4_Killer
Intermediate

Originally Posted by fstockcarrera
Ok You got me. Wolf? Wtf.

About the video, I can see the nuance of you big bend line, nice!, and in the left handed , well your just copying me. The uphill is a big yawn. Been there done that . FYI you would be faster with your front wheels on the ground. West bend and the down hill I have your early partial to full throttle points memorized. So what is so special about that lap except the time. O yeah yooooouths.

Nice Bob
Henzler, from what I've heard he accomplished the same lap in about three fewer seconds. I learn from the best
Old 05-02-2012, 12:42 PM
analogmike
Rennlist Member

Received 99 Likes on 40 Posts

You guys misread my post. I said it's NOT about driving talent. Obviously Baron is very fast and there are no rules in GTA2 so I have no complaints at the last race except to myself for still running a 3.6 when the competition has moved up to 4.0 engines with 50hp more.

But it's also obvious that when I have a 450hp car and I come out of a turn right on the *** of a GTC3 car and can't even pull alongside on the straight, the scruts need to move that car to GTC3.8. I have video proof of several of these cars. But now with the Michelin sponsorship money, the scruts should finally be putting these guys in GTA1.

Or people just need to learn to sandbag better

Have fun!
Old 05-02-2012, 01:32 PM
analogmike
Rennlist Member

Old 05-02-2012, 01:45 PM
Phokaioglaukos
Rennlist Member

Received 50 Likes on 35 Posts

Mike, I cannot quite make out that car number.... :-)
Old 05-02-2012, 02:12 PM
S4_Killer
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Phokaioglaukos
Mike, I cannot quite make out that car number.... :-)
It isn't 36
Old 05-02-2012, 02:28 PM
analogmike
Rennlist Member

LOL! it's from 2012, I don't think Baron was at Sebring this year, it's just one easy example I found in a quick search.
Old 05-02-2012, 05:17 PM
fstockcarrera
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by analogmike
I know how
This makes it seem that you question the legality of #36. My apology if I'm confused, because if the car is legal you only need ability.
Old 05-02-2012, 05:57 PM
MSTACH
Burning Brakes

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

Thank you for your support Bob, but before this unnecessarily turns into a ****-storm I'd like to share my racing pump-up video. This video is worth at least half a second if listened to right before qualifying or a race. And Mike, by no means is the title an attack on or in reference to you. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7o4O3U220GE&

Quick Reply: Positive Jackson MS Experience at LRP Race