Brake pads comparison

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2011, 02:08 PM
mikymu
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Brake pads comparison

I have not found many discussion here on brake pads comparison. I have used Pagid RS 29 on my street RS and they were fantastic. My Cup car came with PFC 01 front and PFC 97 rear and they worked well. I was told that PFC brake pads are hard on rotors and Endless brake pads is friendlier and works well with Cup. Your thoughts and experience?

Old 10-10-2011, 12:28 AM
tedean
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Old 10-10-2011, 06:21 PM
mikymu
Addict
Rennlist Member

I tried Endless N05U compound and it was flat out amazing!! It require 30-40% less brake pedal force to stop compare with PFC 01 (flat spot another set of tires) and modulation was 300% better than PFC 01. It is pricy. About $1100 for the whole set

It is suppose to be rotor friendly and last 50% longer compare with Pagid and PFC. Will give more feedback ... hopefully in 1 year
Old 10-10-2011, 07:37 PM
fleadh
Burning Brakes

Received 46 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by mikymu
I tried Endless N05U compound and it was flat out amazing!! It require 30-40% less brake pedal force to stop compare with PFC 01 (flat spot another set of tires) and modulation was 300% better than PFC 01. It is pricy. About $1100 for the whole set

It is suppose to be rotor friendly and last 50% longer compare with Pagid and PFC. Will give more feedback ... hopefully in 1 year
Curious-- were you testing fresh/new PFC01 pads against the Endless N05U, or just using the ones that came on the car?

I've noticed bite and feel really start to go away from the pads on the Cup (both the factory pads and the RS29's) once they start getting a little old.

-mike
Old 10-10-2011, 08:08 PM
gmgracing
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 436 Likes on 260 Posts

We use Endless now and have been very very very happy with the products reliability as well as durability.

We carry the pads for all Cup cars and road cars - In stock

Please email me for more info.

sales@gmgracing.com
www.gmgracing.com

facebook l instagram l youtube l twitter

Porsche | Audi | Ferrari | Lamborghini | McLaren
Performance Tuning | Motorsport | Factory Service

Pirelli World Challege Race Team GT/GTA/GTS/TC
Pirelli GT3 Cup Trophy USA
Porsche Motorsport — Audi Sport Customer Racing — Lamborghini Super Trofeo Series
Old 10-11-2011, 12:22 AM
tedean
Racer

mikymu, you and I are new to Cups this year. I am hoping for more opinions. I have only used Pagid Yellows, thus no way to render an opinion. At the price of pads, I was hoping to just get a consensus from the forum on which pad and buy a set, however that might be a challenge.
Old 10-11-2011, 12:45 AM
Surfbum
Burning Brakes

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Sorry no input from me, I have only used Pagid on my cups.
My mechanic is 100% sold on them, we have never tried anything else.
Old 10-11-2011, 12:52 AM
tedean
Racer

Originally Posted by Surfbum
Which flavor Pagid?
Old 10-11-2011, 02:51 AM
mikymu
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by fleadh
Curious-- were you testing fresh/new PFC01 pads against the Endless N05U, or just using the ones that came on the car?

I've noticed bite and feel really start to go away from the pads on the Cup (both the factory pads and the RS29's) once they start getting a little old.

-mike
My PFC01 had plenty of life left (60% thickness) and yes, it came with the car. I was told that Pagid RS 29 start to give up it's ghost once you wear it down to 30% pad thickness

Originally Posted by tedean
mikymu, you and I are new to Cups this year. I am hoping for more opinions. I have only used Pagid Yellows, thus no way to render an opinion. At the price of pads, I was hoping to just get a consensus from the forum on which pad and buy a set, however that might be a challenge.
Pagid yellow will be just fine for our purpose. Try a set of endless once you wear down your Padgid. Go slow and use a set of scrub tire to get use to of the pads. They really grab and very good modulation unlike the on and off of PFC01

Originally Posted by Surfbum
I believe Pagid RS29 is required in certain race series

Originally Posted by tedean
Which flavor Pagid?
Should be yellow
Old 10-11-2011, 02:51 AM
mikymu
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by gmgracing
We use Endless now and have been very very very happy with the products reliability as well as durability.

Group buy discount for Cup cars?
Old 10-11-2011, 09:10 AM
Carrera51
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 156 Likes on 97 Posts

On the 7 Cup, the Performance Friction 06 or 08 compound would be a better choice for those who prefer PF pads. The 06 will have a little more torque than the 08, but less than the 01. Both the 06 and 08 are easy to modulate, rotor friendly, and easy to bed in.

Pagid RS29/19 have always been a good choice, with the RS14 as an option for those looking for more torque. But, both PF and Endless are making very good alternatives to Pagid. There's a reason that Porsche Motorsports is also offering PF pads.
Old 10-11-2011, 10:11 AM
bperry
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gmgracing

I have StopTech STR caliper/Endless 20E pad combination on my 997.2 RS and they are awesome both on the track and street. Great bite cold/hot, great modulation, minimal wear after > 20 sessions, and a great bonus for the street, they don't squeal!

Fabryce or others, for us who have 996 cups which have non adjustable front/rear bias, what combination of compounds would work best to maintain the appropriate bias? I currently use RS29 front (yellow) RS14 rear (black).
Old 10-11-2011, 12:52 PM
fleadh
Burning Brakes

Received 46 Likes on 23 Posts

From my experience, the pad thickness really has no factor in the effectiveness of the brake pads, it's all about age and heat cycles. I gain 1 second per lap at Infineon on fresh pads versus the same ones with 3+ heat cycles. This goes for stock pads and RS29's.

When I bought my car it had on a set of Pagid Yellows that only had 1 heat cycle, but had sat on the car for about 9 months. The first weekend I drove it there wasn't enough braking to lockup the tires. Put on a new set of pads the next weekend (yellows) and viola-- massive improvement.

-mike
Old 10-11-2011, 01:04 PM
bperry
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by fleadh
From my experience, the pad thickness really has no factor in the effectiveness of the brake pads, it's all about age and heat cycles. I gain 1 second per lap at Infineon on fresh pads versus the same ones with 3+ heat cycles. This goes for stock pads and RS29's.

When I bought my car it had on a set of Pagid Yellows that only had 1 heat cycle, but had sat on the car for about 9 months. The first weekend I drove it there wasn't enough braking to lockup the tires. Put on a new set of pads the next weekend (yellows) and viola-- massive improvement.

-mike
Interesting. Do you bed the pads before the first heat cycle?
Old 10-11-2011, 01:21 PM
analogmike
Rennlist Member

Received 99 Likes on 40 Posts

I agree with what Mike said about new pads being so much better. It's a shame that, like race tires, you can't use most of the meat on them

Quick Reply: Brake pads comparison