Sponsored by:

Re-join Cup Cars w/ Racing / DE?

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2009, 06:02 AM
Rassel
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RonCT
I think it breaks down like this. In the beginning, it was pretty cup car specific. Now I see posts about all sorts of Racing information, information not specific to cup cars, etc. It's starting to look just like the Racing forum. While over at the Racing forum that has maybe 100x the volume of members using it, there is still lots of cup car information. My thought is that you guys here in Cup Cars are not gaining the benefit of the much larger group in Racing, while those posting here on questions about tracks, tires, etc. are not getting the benefit of the experience of everyone over at Racing.

I'm not trying to make work or take something precious away. Just noticed how this area has evolved and thought I'd pose the question to see if it would be better to put all of the Racing / Cup Car information in one place to make finding information / searching easier.
I don't agree on that.

Most posts here are about Cup cars. Looking at the list right now, about all of them are about Cup Cars except for one or two. It doesn't look like the "racing" forum either, where a lot of information is very general and lacks actually Cup info. I'm not sure either that Racing forum is that much of experience. A lot of info there is just "buzz" and has more of a social and speculating character.

Last edited by Rassel; 08-02-2009 at 03:10 PM.
Old 02-02-2009, 04:20 PM
TeamWheels
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think forums should be kept separate. I always look through Cup posts first.
Old 02-02-2009, 06:01 PM
jrgordonsenior
Nordschleife Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I too believe they should be seperate. The so called racing forum isn't, while this forum is car specific and doesn't seem to attract all the peripheral traffic.
Old 02-02-2009, 06:27 PM
AndyT
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why combine them is there a cost associated with keeping it separate ? It's easier to go to the Cup Forum first for info and also when searching for info
Old 02-02-2009, 10:22 PM
RonCT
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

There's no cost, as I stated in the OP, I've noticed this has 1/10th the activity of the original parent area, and that I've seen more "Racing / DE" type discussion (ie: questions about track insurance, winter DE day at Monticello, etc.). It was also a convenience question - do people prefer to have Racing / Cup Car back together so viewing, searching, etc. is in one place instead of two.

Believe me, we certainly don't want to create work or make things worse. The question was asked and it sounds to me like everyone would like to leave well enough alone. Thanks all!
Old 02-03-2009, 03:30 AM
Rassel
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

RonCT,
In the end, it's up to you guys. We can only explain wishes and why some of us look differently at things. Thank you for listening to us
Old 02-03-2009, 07:34 AM
RonCT
Rennlist Member

Actually Rassel, in my mind it's up to the membership, not the mods and administrators. It's always good to ask questions to see if things are as people want it. We're all volunteers just trying to make our community as good as it possibly can be - thus the probing
Old 02-04-2009, 11:23 PM
Red9
Racer

The forums on fire since you contemplated this -- interesting comparison between the 2 forums on the type of posts too.
Old 02-05-2009, 03:41 PM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1,954 Likes on 555 Posts

I'd rather see them separate, once I get my cup car I won't really want to sift through pages of winning DE strategies to read about what kind of shocks and settings you guys run at various tracks
Old 02-05-2009, 07:47 PM
GTEE3
Rennlist Member

Received 43 Likes on 30 Posts
Default Cup forum

I would vote to keep the Cup forum separate...it is very easy for me to stay current on the only racing topic I am interested in.
Thanks for a GREAT forum!
Old 02-05-2009, 09:40 PM
Apex GT
Rennlist Member

For what it is worth I have been an avid reader of the Cup forum prior to purchasing my first Cup car late last year. I now check it daily and find it very informative. I like the fact that it is very Cup centric, go figure.
Old 02-06-2009, 12:14 AM
jrgordonsenior
Nordschleife Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by RonCT
Actually Rassel, in my mind it's up to the membership, not the mods and administrators. It's always good to ask questions to see if things are as people want it. We're all volunteers just trying to make our community as good as it possibly can be - thus the probing
Hopefully that would be gentle probing ....
Old 02-06-2009, 06:41 AM
RonCT
Rennlist Member

Thanks for participating in this informal poll
Old 02-15-2009, 10:29 AM
Geoffrey
Nordschleife Master

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Ron, if you are looking for a forum to kill, you should evaluate the Modifications forum.

Quick Reply: Re-join Cup Cars w/ Racing / DE?