Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche San Diego

Panamera 4 E-hybrid Owners Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2018, 04:02 AM
Wilson Laidlaw
Racer

Received 73 Likes on 54 Posts

I think most are arriving on Pirelli P Zero Homologation N0. There is not a big choice at the moment in N rated 21" tyres: The Pirellis, Michelin Pilot Sport 4 or Continental ContiSport Contact. From my experience on a 997 Turbo, the Pirellis wear quickest but have the sharpest handling, the Continentals are the softest ride/handling and the quietest. I don't know if Michelin have improved the Pilot Sport from the PS2's I had on my 997 but they were impossibly noisy on concrete motorways/autoroutes and I would not have considered buying them again.
Old 04-08-2018, 10:42 AM
FriscoTexasGuy
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

Finally advanced my discussions with 2 local dealers yesterday to get pricing for a MY19 build since there are no more allocations remaining for 2018 builds. The best lease that was offered was 2% off MSRP, .MF of .0032 and a residual of $54K. After that offer, I will finance since there is no need to attempt negotiating as a result. Here is my current build and would like to get your opinion. The one option that I decided to remove was the sports exhaust after test driving a 4 E-Hybrid yesterday and hearing the standard exhaust. I was pleased enough with the sound and could not convince my self to spend the extra for a better sound w/no performance impact.

My configuration:

Volcano Grey Metallic
Leather Interior in Black/Chalk Premium Package Plus
Premium Package Plus
LED-Matrix Headlights incl. Porsche Dynamic Light System Plus (PDLS+)
SportDesign Package Painted in High Gloss Black
ParkAssist (Front and Rear) incl. Surround View
Window Trim in High Gloss Black
"PORSCHE" Logo in Black
Sport Tailpipes in Black
21" 911 Turbo Design Wheels
4-zone Climate Control
Ambient Lighting
Power Sunblind for Rear Compartment incl. Power Sunblind for Rear Side Windows
Old 04-08-2018, 01:30 PM
SaratogaLefty
Pro

Received 48 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by FriscoTexasGuy
Finally advanced my discussions with 2 local dealers yesterday to get pricing for a MY19 build since there are no more allocations remaining for 2018 builds. The best lease that was offered was 2% off MSRP, .MF of .0032 and a residual of $54K. After that offer, I will finance since there is no need to attempt negotiating as a result. Here is my current build and would like to get your opinion. The one option that I decided to remove was the sports exhaust after test driving a 4 E-Hybrid yesterday and hearing the standard exhaust. I was pleased enough with the sound and could not convince my self to spend the extra for a better sound w/no performance impact.

My configuration:

Volcano Grey Metallic
Leather Interior in Black/Chalk Premium Package Plus
Premium Package Plus
LED-Matrix Headlights incl. Porsche Dynamic Light System Plus (PDLS+)
SportDesign Package Painted in High Gloss Black
ParkAssist (Front and Rear) incl. Surround View
Window Trim in High Gloss Black
"PORSCHE" Logo in Black
Sport Tailpipes in Black
21" 911 Turbo Design Wheels
4-zone Climate Control
Ambient Lighting
Power Sunblind for Rear Compartment incl. Power Sunblind for Rear Side Windows
That money factor translates to an interest rate of 7.7%!!! Did your dealer indicate if that is the current money factor from Porsche Financial Services or his estimate of what it would be when your car is delivered? What was the annual mileage and the term of the lease?What was the residual percentage if you know? I am hoping delivery of the 2018 CARB state Panamera 4 E-Hybrids will start in the next week or two and I'm wondering if anyone knows the current money factor and residuals for an E-Hybrid assuming either 36 or 48 month lease and 10K miles per year??
Old 04-08-2018, 01:47 PM
FriscoTexasGuy
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by SaratogaLefty
That money factor translates to an interest rate of 7.7%!!! Did your dealer indicate if that is the current money factor from Porsche Financial Services or his estimate of what it would be when your car is delivered? What was the annual mileage and the term of the lease?What was the residual percentage if you know? I am hoping delivery of the 2018 CARB state Panamera 4 E-Hybrids will start in the next week or two and I'm wondering if anyone knows the current money factor and residuals for an E-Hybrid assuming either 36 or 48 month lease and 10K miles per year??

This was the current MF as of yesterday based on 12K miles per year over 36 months. And yes....7.7% in insane!
Old 04-08-2018, 02:11 PM
SaratogaLefty
Pro

Originally Posted by FriscoTexasGuy
This was the current MF as of yesterday based on 12K miles per year over 36 months. And yes....7.7% in insane!
Okay, that money factor will eliminate any consideration of leasing for my purposes. The 12K miles/year doesn't affect the money factor but does impact the residual.
Old 04-09-2018, 01:33 AM
cometguy
Burning Brakes

Received 229 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by Wilson Laidlaw
... Having tried night vision on another vehicle, I felt this was quite distracting and the headlights are so good, I would question the benefit. ...
A couple of you have questioned the night vision camera/screen. I suppose that it can depend on how much you drive at night, and where. I drive a lot in very congested urban areas where there are lots of pedestrians and bicyclists who do random things, oblivious to cars around them. When you throw rain into the mixture, it can be very harrowing, even when driving very slowly, when you have on-coming headlights (and other stationary glare) drowning out people and things in the road ahead of you. I have found that the infrared cameras are very good for this kind of situation, as when driving slowly in urban areas like this, you can actually look more at the wide-angle infrared view on your instrument panel to get a better idea of what's in front of you than just looking with your own eyes. At high speeds, of course, it's different -- you don't want to be looking at the instrument panel a lot at night, but then you probably shouldn't be driving at high speeds at night anyway!
Old 04-09-2018, 05:27 AM
bosch
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Question on the performance boost button - can it be used when driving on e-power mode? Example, cruising along in e-power and all of the sudden I need to pass a car or merge into fast traffic, can I push the button and push the throttle past the notch to activate the gas engine to get all the power?
Old 04-09-2018, 08:37 AM
rsyed
Rennlist Member

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts

I drove an e-hybrid for nearly 24 hours before ordering one. For me the consumption in petrol mode is very important because of the reach I have when driving long distance. Here my observations from the consumption point of view:

1) I drove a total of 178 km (111 miles), of which i would say 1/3 was highway doing 90-145km/h (56-90mph(, rest town driving within Vienna. 95% of the driving was done in the e-hybrid mode.
2) I did not charge the car during the test drive.
3) I managed to drive 48km (30 miles) before I was alerted that the battery was empty.
4) Overall consumption over the 178km (111 miles) was 7,6l (31mpgUS).
5) though the battery was empty after 48km (30 miles), the car kept charging the battery and whenever possible switched off the engine. This resulted in another 33 km (21miles) of electric driving.

If you really think about it, this "Prius-mode" (charge while driving and use when the energy when you can) as described in 5) is actually the best bit of the hybrid as in my logic, these 33km (21 miles) were really "free of cost" because in my eyes, the first 48km (30 miles) was charged using electricity from the socket (and thus costing money) but the 33 km (21 miles) was using energy that was generated while driving.

I hope this little science project was of help to anyone on the fence with regard to the car :-)

Last edited by rsyed; 04-09-2018 at 08:46 AM. Reason: added mpg + miles numbers
Old 04-09-2018, 09:36 AM
K777
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Wilson Laidlaw
Has any Panamera 4 E-Hybrid come out of Leipzig with its GPS working properly? I like many others on this thread, had to have a new aerial module, aerial lead and GPS module. In my case it was giving false warnings of the car being moved when it was stationary and as the driver card was not in the car, triggering the tracking warning. I was getting up to 10 phone calls a day from the tracking providers (Vodafone in the UK). I really cannot understand Porsche signing off on this and letting their supplier get away with what must obviously be very sub-standard components. Apart from anything else, it must be costing them on warranty/rectification charges. I have not heard about other Panamera owners complaining about this, so it may be only the e-Hybrid models.

Yes.
But have been waiting for 3 months now for a new antenna. PCGB customer services as of today can still tell me nothing.
My only problem is the satnav/GPS. It has no satelites connected.
Not had any issue with security, can always find my car, and not had any false alarms, other than when key was in my coat in the boot.
Old 04-09-2018, 09:38 AM
K777
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by bosch
Question on the performance boost button - can it be used when driving on e-power mode? Example, cruising along in e-power and all of the sudden I need to pass a car or merge into fast traffic, can I push the button and push the throttle past the notch to activate the gas engine to get all the power?
Yeah
Old 04-09-2018, 03:45 PM
Big Ben
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can you please explain the calculations to show how a MF of .0032 equals 7.7%. Thank you.
Old 04-09-2018, 05:10 PM
cometguy
Burning Brakes

Received 229 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by rsyed
I drove an e-hybrid for nearly 24 hours before ordering one. For me the consumption in petrol mode is very important because of the reach I have when driving long distance. Here my observations from the consumption point of view:

1) I drove a total of 178 km (111 miles), of which i would say 1/3 was highway doing 90-145km/h (56-90mph(, rest town driving within Vienna. 95% of the driving was done in the e-hybrid mode.
2) I did not charge the car during the test drive.
3) I managed to drive 48km (30 miles) before I was alerted that the battery was empty.
4) Overall consumption over the 178km (111 miles) was 7,6l (31mpgUS).
5) though the battery was empty after 48km (30 miles), the car kept charging the battery and whenever possible switched off the engine. This resulted in another 33 km (21miles) of electric driving.

If you really think about it, this "Prius-mode" (charge while driving and use when the energy when you can) as described in 5) is actually the best bit of the hybrid as in my logic, these 33km (21 miles) were really "free of cost" because in my eyes, the first 48km (30 miles) was charged using electricity from the socket (and thus costing money) but the 33 km (21 miles) was using energy that was generated while driving.

I hope this little science project was of help to anyone on the fence with regard to the car :-)
Thanks for the data! But I think when you are charging the electric-motor batteries while driving, you are using more petrol than you would be using if you were not charging the battery pack, so you are paying with lower gasoline mileage. I'd like to hear what the actual reduction in gas mileage (in litres/100 km or in mpg) that owners have found for this.
Old 04-09-2018, 05:54 PM
SaratogaLefty
Pro

Originally Posted by Big Ben
Can you please explain the calculations to show how a MF of .0032 equals 7.7%. Thank you.

To convert money factor to an annual interest rate you multiply the money factor by 2400.
Old 04-09-2018, 06:00 PM
Big Ben
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does it make a difference the length of the lease or 2400 is a constant?
Thank you.
Old 04-09-2018, 06:57 PM
SaratogaLefty
Pro

Originally Posted by Big Ben
Does it make a difference the length of the lease or 2400 is a constant?
Thank you.
The money factor is determined by Porsche Financial Services and I believe it changes quarterly. The 2400 multiplier is a constant. You may be quoted a higher money factor depending upon your credit rating. I don't know if the money factor quoted above was for the absolute best credit rating or ??? but it appears to be fairly consistent with what I have heard from others recently. Once I go to pick up my car (someday soon I hope) I will let everyone know what is the current "best" money factor. It has nothing to do with the term of the lease or the annual mileage; those two factors impact the residual percentage. Once you sign your lease the money factor (interest rate) is locked in for the term of the lease and is not subject to change. However, Porsche is notorious for having much higher money factors than most other manufacturers.

Quick Reply: Panamera 4 E-hybrid Owners Thread